“Nice Internet Service!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
United States
“Nice Internet Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This is not the latest generation of Springhill Suites as Marriott is advertising. The rooms are out of date and feel old. However, the front desk service is very good. The newly improved breakfast offerings are also very nice.

One good thing is the hotel's Internet - they definitely invested in it. Unlike many hotels that have free Internet, theirs is actually usable during peak weekday evening hours.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, get an ODD higher numbered room (e.g. 523).
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SpringhillWPBGM, General Manager at Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay with us. I am glad our internet service worked great for you. Just this month, we completed our service upgrade with fiber optic lines into the hotel. We feel that our new internet service will be a valuable amenity to our guests.

I am sorry that you feel our rooms are outdated. We are in the process of upgrading our linens on all our beds. The new linens give a great look to the rooms. We understand our guests expect a great stay and we are always working on providing it.

I hope to have you as a guest the next time you are in beautiful West Palm Beach.

Joe Dunann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kuwait
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We got a really good rate for this hotel and it was OK for a one night road stop on our drive North from Miami. It is very conveniently located off the I95 in a quiet area not too far from the beaches or downtown Palm Beach.

Our room (no. 217) had a King Bed and a separate sitting area with a small work desk, a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. The bathroom had a shower only which suited us but it's worth checking if a tub is important for you. The internet was free and easy to access in your room. The only issue we had was the A/C unit which was very noisy and we had to switch it off during the night so we could sleep.

The breakfast was very good. There was a good selection of cereals, fresh fruit including strawberries,yoghurts, bread, pastries, bagels, waffles and a selection of hot items. The staff were friendly and managed to keep the items stocked despite being quite busy.

Overall, it was worth the money for one night. The only thing we would mark it down on a little was the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. It wasn't dirty as such but some of the surfaces were sticky and the bathroom was grubby with a stale smell we couldn't identify.

Not bad if you can get a good rate.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting on our property. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast. We are testing a new breakfast that Marriott is looking to bring into all SpringHill Suites. Only a select few have it and we are lucky to be chosen.
Thank you for explaining the cleanliness issues you had with your room. Of course, we strive to have perfection, but it looks like we missed it a bit in the room you were given. Hopefully, if you reported it to our staff, they came up right away and fixed it. I am very sorry and I have gone over your comments with our Housekeeping Supervisor, as well as Maintenance to look at the air conditioning unit. I hope you were not uncomfortable during the night.
Again, I want to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention. Hopefully, you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in town.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My son and I stayed at this Springhill Suite location and all I have tio say is WOW!

We were there for the 2012 Perfect Game WWBA World Championships at Roger Dean park in Jupiter and we could not have asked for a better location.

Th staff and management was friendly and accommodating. The room was modern and clean and had ll the amenities hat were listed on the their website.

Breakfast was free and hot! Great selection of items adorned the clean, well maintained breakfast area!

I will be staying at the Springhill again! Check it out for your self!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I always enjoy hearing when our guest loved their stay! I look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in town.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We came up to dive the BHB and wanted something close but in a nicer area and this hotel was perfect! Free Internet IN the rooms ( most only offer it free in the public areas) , very clean, very comfy beds, nice staff, close to restaurants and shopping. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for a great review. It is always rewarding to hear our guests say they will be back. We strive to give all our guests a great stay and I am glad we succeeded with you. We will see you the next time you are in sunny West Palm Beach!

md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Overall, we had an enjoyable 1 night stay at this hotel. My wife and 2 small children stayed in the suite. It was certainly large enough and well appointed with the 2 double beds, pull out bed, fridge, and microwave. It's convenient to I95 and the beach. All of the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

However, the pull out bed did not have sheets which allowed us to see the rather gross stain on the mattress. As we were settled, it was late in the evening, etc... it didn't make sense to change rooms and we notified the front desk staff upon checkout, but it did diminish the quality of our stay a bit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay. I am very sorry that you had to experience a mattress that was left in that condition. I have sent you an email to gain more information on your stay with us. I look forward to your response. I hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves if you ever come to West Palm Beach again.

Ft Collins CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I found this hotel to be an complete delight. It was convienently located close to I-95 and pretty much anything else you needed within 2-6 miles. The room was well appointed with everything, spacious enough for 2, and nicely decorated. The bed was comfortable,the room was clean. The work desk was perfect for my business duties on the trip.The Air conditioner did not keep me awake, a rarity.The continental breakfast which was indicated to be in testing for the Marriot chain, was the best selection and quality I've ever seen.The staff was friendly and helpful. I will stay here again on my next trip here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jasonpoynter, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you liked the new breakfast. It has some great new additions. We hope to see you again soon!
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

only stayed for one night but we were very pleased with the location, room and the amenities. Room was very well appointed with microwave, coffee maker etc and having a sitting area and a desk was very nice. Free tea/coffee and the buffet breakfast was good. Would recommend the hotel for visiting the area or breaking the journey from orlando to miami.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jasonpoynter, Director of Sales at Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your accomodations. Yes we are 170 miles from Orlando and about 75 from Miami. We hope you come back to West Palm Beach to enjoy some of our local spots. The beaches of Singer Island and Palm Beach are a quick car ride from the hotel!

Been to Springhill Suites Marriott West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!