“Roaches and poor Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2421 Metrocentre Blvd. East, West Palm Beach, FL 33407   |
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Plant City, Florida
“Roaches and poor Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We booked the rooms via a 3rd party, then called a couple of days later to request adjoining rooms as we had booked two rooms with 4 adults and 3 children. I spoke with Carol and although she would not guarantee, she said she would personally note the request in our file and would at the very least get us as close as possible. My husband called the morning of our arrival and spoke with Carol again. No adjoining room would be available, evidently they only have two rooms that have a connecting door and they had been rented out. She would "try" to at least get us on the same floor. When we arrived it took a bit of doing and another clerks help to make the same floor a reality, The rooms were not very close at all and one of them (the one my children were given) had german cockroaches to greet them. My daughter did not tell me about that until the next morning. Ugh.....sure, this is Florida, but we have never been in a hotel with roaches before. We stayed the 2nd night (roaches again when they entered their room that evening) and I told the clerk when we checked out about the roach issue. Her answer, apologetically, was that she would like to discount the room but there was nothing she could do since we had booked through a 3rd party. She was sorry. This is a pet hotel, 3 floors and the first two are for pets. This is great for pet owners, I guess....but my husband was concerned about fleas. There were none, thankfully, but the room had a very heavy perfumy smell to it.....possibly to cover up pet odors. I can't say for sure. We hung the "Do not disturb" sign on the door when we went out the next day, this kept housekeeping out. There was no perfume smell that evening since we did that. I don't think we will stay here again. Our next trip to WPB we will spend a bit more to get a nicer hotel. The AC worked fine. There is no blow dryer in the room, but you can request one. One tiny bottle of shampoo and two small bars of soap are provided. One other thing I will mention is that we were given what was noted as an "accessible room" (we did not need this, but it was the closest room to our children that was available.). If we had needed an accessible room, this would have been a real problem. There was a good size threshold at the door that a wheelchair might have a problem getting over. The bathroom was definitely not wheelchair accessible and the bath tub is a regular, non accessible bathtub. There was nothing "accessible" about this room. Be aware of this if you do need accessibility.

Room Tip: The roaches were in room 237. The non-accessible "accessible" room was 226.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am sorry your experience did not meet your expectations. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with bugs. I want to let you know as a brand we are committed to a safe and clean environment to our guests. We have one of the best pest control companies providing weekly preventative service at all our hotels. We will ensure this issue is resolved immediately. I also want to apology for not having the adjoining rooms as you requested. We tried our best to accommodate you as close as possible to each others. It is our hope that you will accept our apology and hope you give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Sincerely
Mery Lugo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Memphis, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

RRI is known for their pet friendly properties. Well, this one has a really screwed one. One pet per room. Really? On top of that, they made us to sign some paperwork related to dog(s) staying in the room. Moreover, they shut down the pool when we arrived. IMHO, that really sucked. Though the room was clean and newly renovated. They really need to change their pet policy to make this place rock.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing a review and sharing your experience. Unfortunately the pool was closed during your stay for maintenance issues. For the safety and security of our guests during maintenance problems we have to closed our pool. I'm happy to say that our pool is currently in working conditions. Regarding your comment about our pet policy I want to thank you for bringing it to our attention it will help us get a better understanding of how our pet policy affects those traveling with more than one pet and the need for us to accommodate guests traveling with multiple pets. It is our hope that you will accept our sincere apology and give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

The entire staff was really nice & pleasant. Front desk clerk, Carol, was outstanding! Always cordial, professional, willingness to help and, most of all, always had a great big (and pretty) smile on her face. She is a great asset to the Red Roof Inn family!

Room Tip: Rooms on the upper north side are the best! So quiet you can hear yourself think.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience. I am very glad to know that Carol gave you excellent service during your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with Carol and the rest of my staff. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and look forward to your next stay with us.

St. Marys, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

My son FINALLY got to stay at a Red Roof Inn.....he's been wanting to do so for some time. We had a GREAT time at this location. At check in, Sherry provided us with print out of locations we needed to go to while visiting the area. The manager Laura Hurst was FANTASTIC!!!! We were actually celebrating my son's birthday and she gave him some WONDERFUL mementos. When he came home, he built his own Red Roof Inn out of LEGOS! There's no breakfast or cookies at check in but my son could careless....he LOVES 'HIS' Red Roof Inn. The onsite security is amazing and you gotta love being able to bring your pet for no extra charge. Our boxer gave Red Roof Inn 4 paws up! =)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Laura H, Manager at Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our Inn, I am glad we made your son's birthday a memorable one. We look forward to see you again in the future
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We arrived here from an older Red Roof Inn and this one's amazing by comparison. I failed to read the card in the room, So we got "green" service, And the floor was never dustmopped or swept until we changed our service. We loved that the floor is laminate and not carpet, but daily sweeping is needed! It's Florida - sand - plus our dog. Just clear up what service you want in advance, and you'll have a great stay. Front desk staff will supply supply items missed by housekeeping.

Beds and WiFi both great.

Negatives - keys never worked more than one day, no laundry.

• Stayed June 2013
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear KuKu (love the name), Thank you for your response. We are glad you are pleased with our renovation and appreciate all your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Kind Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager
Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I hadn't been staying in a motel for the last 8 years but decided to go again during our trip from Orlando to the Keys (we didn't know how long it would take there so we just wanted to stop wherever we are when we become tired). At an IHOP I picked up a motel coupon magazine. Since the Day's Inn at the same exit had only smoking rooms in the 3rd floor left, we decided to give the Red Roof Inn a try (though we never heard of this chain before).

Check-In was extremely friendlly, the consierge even told me that she could offer me a lower rate than the coupon stated. The room /furniture was new and more modern than the motels I've stayed in before (which all had disgusting blankets and carpets). The room was nothing special but anything you would expect from a regular motel with a regular rate.

However, we spent a night with almost no sleep there. Why? Because several dog owners (this is a pet friendly motel) spent the night hanging out directly in front our room, calling their dogs, laughing, smoking (though it says everywhere that the Red Roof Inn is 100% smoke free), chatting etc. At midnight I called the consierge to ask for help and described the problem. Obviously nothing happened since the noise went on until 2 AM (with a short break around 1 AM).

When mentioning this issue again at check out (a different consierge was in charge then), she apologized and offered a USD 15 courtesy discount. This was really nice but we would have preferred a good nights sleep though.

I don't know if all the dog owners hang out at the back next to the pool (we stayed in Room 136) but maybe you should avoid the rooms back there if this is a hang-out area for all the dogs (and there were several, when checking out I met a woman with THREE dogs!).

The rooms, TV and WiFi was ok, you could even order "room service" from a nearby pizza place.

Room Tip: I don't know if all the dog owners hang out at the back next to the pool (we stayed in Room 136...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Good Morning, and thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. My sincere apologies for the distubances during your stay. Our policy is one well behaved pet per room and all pets should be declared at check in. We will, in the future, ensure this policy is followed. We will also set up a designated smoking area so future guests are not distrubed. Again, thank you for your input. Kind Regards, Laura Hurst, General Manager
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

MY workers were in West Palm Beach two long days in a row, cleaning out a foreclosed home for the bank. The time and fuel to go back and forth there and home to Fort Lauderdale every day was getting pricey, so I rented them a room at Red Roof Inn and the room was acceptable, close to the job site. Hey had a nice dinner my company paid for at a nearby Applebees. ONly glitch was, I ordered the room on Expedia and, hours later when my staff arrived at the hotel, were told their reservation from Expedia wasn't in the system yet, they had to wait another hour or so , tired, sitting in the lobby, to finally check in.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for best rate and then your reservation is immediately in their own system.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Laura H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Palm Beach, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear J; Thank you for your review. I will be certain to share your feedback with our staff. We look forward to serving your travelling needs in the future. Best Regards, Laura Hurst