“Great Location, Nice Rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
Space Coast
“Great Location, Nice Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night. The room was well laid out and relatively clean (mold in shower and corners of counters with dust, etc). Great location for walking along the water-front to shops, restaurants, etc. Location is why it got a very good rating. The included breakfast was not great, but just good enough to start the day. Parking in the hotel garage was pricey and annoyingly nickle/dime. To further the annoyance there are small signs located here and there in the hotel indicating who to speak with if there is a problem with the charge for parking. Not the classiest thing and not worth my time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ashley M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Greetings,

Thanks you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the great downtown location but I am so sorry to hear about your issues with the cleanliness in the shower and on the counters in the rooms. We have addressed this concern as we take each issue very seriously and will do what it takes to make each guests stay a delightful one. As you mentioned the parking does seem a bit expensive, but we do offer an excellent value as everywhere downtown does charge for parking with rates starting at $30 per night. I hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle that runs within 2 miles of the hotel. Please know that your feedback is vital in improving guest’s stays and ensuring each one of our guests is delighted with their choice in staying at the Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown.

Sunny regards,
Ashley Mead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Fort Pierce, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

From the moment I walked into the lobby I was happy! The room was spacious and very clean! The staff went out of their way on several occasions to make me feel welcome. The location was perfect and they offered a quick shuttle to and from the hotel to close by restaurants and shopping. From the lounge bartender David to front desk manager Todd, I felt like a VIP guest! I will always come back to this hotel when staying in West Palm Beach!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashley M, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Greetings,
We appreciate such positive feedback and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I would have to agree with you as our staff here is tops and some of the best in West Palm Beach! I’m glad to see you took advantage of our free shuttle to enjoy the area’s restaurants and shopping. The Lobby Bar is one of our guest’s favorite features here at the Hyatt Place and please come back to see David anytime! We look forward to seeing you soon here at the Hyatt!
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights recently, Location very good walking distance to shops bars etc, rooms were very comfy as were the beds. Free internet in the lobby and we even got free parking, a nice gesture by the staff. Breakfast was included, not 5 star gourmet but good enough to give you a start to the day. Staff were very helpful rooms were clean and well maintained. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings Ken,
I am glad to hear your stay with us went well and thank you for your positive feedback on our comfortable rooms. The complimentary breakfast buffet and Wi-Fi are a great value added for all guests and the convenient location downtown makes anyone’s stay more enjoyable. Next time you are with us please take advantage of your free shuttle within 2 miles! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Rotonda West, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

we stayed at this hotel because we had to attend a funeral. we only stayed for one night.we were impressed by the nice room, the divider that made the impression that it was two rooms, it divided the very nice L shaped couch from the bed. in fact it made the impression of a living room and was a nice addition. large flat screen tv, that swiveled. the electrical panel that was right next to the bed made it possible to turn off and on all the lights without having to get out of bed. we also liked the shower, no tub to step into. it was roomy and it had a rain forest shower head, very modern looking, glass enclosed. we also liked the fact that it was a green hotel. the king size bed was very comfortable and the pillows were great. we always have trouble with the softness of the beds, we own a tempurpedic and i guess we are spoiled. but sleeping was no problem for me. as for my husband, it was another story, the air condition unit was very loud and he could not sleep very well. the system was on the side our room was on. i would have given the rating a excellent if it hadn't been for this noise. the free breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about.... all in all we would stay there again, but on a different side of the building. the one thing i didn't like was that you had to pay $ 19 for parking. there is a parking garage in the same building as the hotel. it has 3 levels, the top level open air, all of which exit right to the elevator that takes you to your room. we did have a late night snack, a mushroom/swiss burger, it was delicious even though it took forever for the kitchen to serve it. so to wrap it up, it was a very nice hotel to stay in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Let me start by saying that we are sorry for your loss and we appreciate you choosing our hotel for your accommodations during this time. Thank you for your positive feedback and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us while in town. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the spacious rooms and comfy beds along with our rain forest style shower heads. As you mentioned the parking does seem a bit expensive, but we do offer an excellent value as everywhere downtown does charge for parking with rates starting at $30 per night. I would have to agree with you on the great options for a late night snack; it’s one of our guest’s favorite menu items here at the Hyatt Place. Safe travels and we look forward to seeing you back in West Palm Beach real soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Two extended stays (7 nights Jan 2012 & 10 nights Jan 2013) with my family and I would definitely go again. From the first contact with valet staff to front desk and even the cleaning ladies, so friendly and helpful. The cleaning ladies always said "hi" when we passed and we ended up chatting for a while. I read a review from someone who said there was "no yard". True, but it's a downtown hotel, go somewhere else if you want a yard! Another review said " terrible view from room" so on my second stay I asked at check in if I can have a room with a view of the marina. I got it. Top floor with a view, all you have to do is ask! The morning complimentary breakfast is a great. Chefs are cookin up a storm for you and all the fresh fruit you can eat is so good! I run every morning and the jog to the ocean is so nice up royal palm way. Close to the shopping downtown (Tommy Bahamas), short walk to Clematis (Rocco's Taco's). Parking was so simple and accessible it really helped out travelling with a child. Spa was very nice too. What it comes down to is the staff were really good to us. Always made themselves available to us, even if they were busy. It made us feel at home.

• Stayed January 2013
Greetings!
We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the stay with us and it is always a pleasure to hear about our staff!! They are in indeed some hospitable folks here in West Palm Beach! Our convenient downtown location and free breakfast for all guests is a great value added that I see you took advantage of. Please come back to visit us soon and safe travels until then!
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was is in Palm Beach, FL attending a conference being held at another hotel. The Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown was perfect. The rooms were very clean and cleaned everyday. I had plenty of room to relax, work, and sleep. The hotel shuttle drove me to my the conference hotel daily and picked me up. The breakfast was hearty and a variety of choices. The Gallery menu was reasonable, hot, and tasty. Overall the Hyatt Place was clean and all the employees were especially welcoming. Thank you for being so professional and providing me with comfortable accommodations during my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of the hall hear less noise and foot traffic at night.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the spacious and comfortable accommodations as well as the great AM Skillet breakfast that we offer guests complimentary. Our free shuttle service within 2 miles is very convenient and I am glad to see you took advantage of it during your conference. Safe travels and see you back in West Palm Beach soon!
Lloret de Mar, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We were in Palm Beach for one night and this hotel was exactly what we were looking for: perfectly located (close to Clematis St, where there are plenty of restaurants and shops), clean, large rooms, parking in the same building (at extra cost, however), complimentary breakfast, good wifi signal (complimentary), and so on.
Helpful and kind staff.
Maybe if I stayed longer I chose another hotel with more personality, but it is correct for one night.
Good value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings!
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our spacious and comfortable rooms. I think our value is definitely tops in the West Palm Beach area and I am glad you feel the same way. Thanks for the great feedback and glad to hear you enjoyed the new AM Skillet breakfast; we have heard rave reviews thus far about it! We will see you back soon in downtown West Palm!
Ashley Mead

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!