“Enjoyable!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Enjoyable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night. We had an enjoyable time. The staff was very hospitable. They had a shuttle that could take you to most places downtown West Palm Beach. We were also able to walk to many places as well. The downside is that it is a small hotel with a limited number of rooms.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
JamesDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Greetings Jamilynn,
Gal you and your husband enjoyed the stay with us – always a pleasure to hear about our staff!! They are in indeed some hospitable folks here in West Palm Beach! I understand the small hotels feedback, as we wish we had more rooms to accommodate additional guests on so many nights – particularly during the busy business travel weeks and weekends in season. I am sure happy you were able to stay with us however and look forward to welcoming you back – FYI, in the peak season months of December through May we fill up fast so book early as we want to tom make there is always room for travelers like you! Happy travels!

James

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sao Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I spent a night last week at the Hyatt Place, I was in town to attend an int'l economic forum. The hotel was selected and paid for by someone else, so I cannot rate value. The staff were friendly on check-in and allowed me to check-out at 1pm instead of noon the following day, giving me time to complete an important telecon. Internet in the room was free, the room was large and very comfortable. The "I wish..." is that I accidentally left my duty free purchases in the closet and called the hotel 3 or 4 hours after checking out asking if they could please be set aside for me. It was really hard to get through and when I did it was one of those conversations where you hang up and say, wow I don't think that person intends to do a thing. Two days and many unanswered phone calls later I was informed the room had been searched and nothing was found, a disappointing end to what would otherwise have been a really nice stay.

Hello Travleeer,
Thank for the time you took to share this feedback……I am happy we had the opportunity to welcome you during the International Economic Forum. I am so sorry to hear about the lost duty free items and rest assured we have revisited our lost and found policy as a result of your feedback. It is something we are continually trying to improve every day. Your feedback on this is invaluable and I hope you understand that we strive to make sure these occurrences are mitigated on all levels. Thanks again for sharing the feedback and please call us directly if you have any other questions.

Charlestown, Nevis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stayed there two weeks, everything was as expected. Got a good deal on extended stay, I think they offer lower prices over 6 nights. Location couldnt be any better, walking distance from Cityplace. Room looked brand new or recently upgraded, staff was very helpful.
Only two minor comments:
- parking fee is a bit high for $20/day, at least in my opinion
- internet access is fast, but has to log back in everytime when starting to use it

Regardless, this is a great hotel, highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hello Mr. Nevis,

Thanks so much for the great feedback!!!!! We love hosting our extended stay guests and that is correct, you do receive better rates the longer you stay so why might enjoy West Palm Beach for a few weeks! Our location and proximity to all of what West Palm Beach has to offer is key and I happy to hear you enjoyed CityPlace while in town. The feedback on the parking and internet has been dually noted and we are working with our service providers to make the ease of connectivity and logging in even more seamless. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay and certainly give us the heads up so we can welcome you back as a long term guest of the Hyatt Place! We want to remain your favorite hotel in the area!

Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place, and I have to say that I was impressed with the room layout. There was a nice size sectional sofa, a work desk, a big flat screen TV, and a refrigerator. And the beds were comfortable too. The hallway to my room was well lit--I hate dimly lit hallways. The free breakfast in the morning was pretty good. The staff was friendly. Parking is $19.00 a night and you have to let them know if you do not have a car, otherwise there will be a charge on your bill. It actually showed as a No Car credit on my receipt. Hyatt Place is situated within easy walking distance of both CityPlace and Clematis Street. There's also a bus stop and the free downtown trolley stop only half a block away. I would recommend this hotel to friends visiting downtown West Palm Beach.

Hello Lilly Y,
WOW! Thanks for sharing the great feedback, I am so glad we surprised you and thanks so much for all of the nice things you shared about our hotel. You are right about the parking fee; it does auto post so I am glad we caught that credited you back for the $19.00. So happy to hear you enjoyed the location and proximity to CityPlace and Clematis – great choices for dining, shopping and nightlife. Look forward to seeing you back here soon!

Safe travels! And sunny regards,

Toledo, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked the #1 rated hotel here on tripadvisor, only to have my friend who lives in West Palm tell me I made a mistake. She said the area is not safe and in an industrial park. I have no idea where that picture with a "lake" was taken, because there was certainly no lake when we drove by it on the freeway. I had cancelled the reservation and booked this Hyatt Place on her recommendation and was so happy I did. The cab ride from the airport was around $20 for four of us. The sofa sleeper was made up when we arrived at 1am, just as we had requested. (The other hotel wanted me to call them on the day of arrival to REMIND them about the sleep sofa.) Breakfast was the best I've ever seen at a hotel, with warm breakfast sandwiches and a fruit salad. All were made with quality ingredients which is rare these days. We were able to walk a few blocks west to the City Place mall. There are some good stores plus they were having an art fair when we were there. My son and his friend headed east of the hotel to run along the island. It was a perfect location. The only complaint we had was the workout room. The eliptical didn't work and the equipement seemed old. The pool was just a plunge pool, not made for swimming. Overall, it worked out great for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tamarlea,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback about your stay with us – we are striving to make our way to #1 on Tripadvisor and it is the great feedback you shared that is going to help us get there. We are indeed excited to boasting such a nice breakfast now (included with all stays) and am happy to hear that it was one the best you have seen at a hotel. Also, the proximity to CityPlace is a nice bonus! Your feedback on the fitness equipment prompted us to do a thorough review of how they operate and I believe we have the equipment in tip top shape now! I am so happy to hear we were able to make your stay a great one – we are focused on getting to #1!!!!! Look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to West Palm Beach.

Baytown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is in the heart of West Palm and has great rooms, a small beer and wine bars, and a light menu for survival purposes. The staff is excellent and the rooms are really nice. Take note, parking is $19.00 a night but is the cheapest parking in the area.

Greetings Cokerbud!

Thanks for the kind feedback! Glad you enjoyed the stay and also took advantage of the Hyatt Place Lobby Bar – Dave the bartender is world renowned (or least know in South Florida) as one of the best in the biz! The staff is really what makes things happen here and I am glad you though they were nice! Yes, you are right about parking, it can be quite costly in the city at $30+ a night, glad we offer the value at $19.00 a night for little savings for you! Look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to downtown West Palm Beach!

Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is in a very convenient location in town, near Palm Beach Atlantic University. The rooms are compact, but clean. The staff is friendly and helpful when we were looking for places to eat, etc. even getting directions for us to a car wash of all things! The indoor pool is small - same size as the matching hot tub. Full buffet breakfast is fantastic. It's a short drive over the intracoastal to get to the beach.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Hello HighAdventure,

Thanks so much for the feedback! Being adjacent to the Palm Beach Atlantic University campus is a big bonus for us as they are also a great partner and friend of the hotel. We enjoy hosting PBAU friends, family, administration and faculty throughout the year and hope you enjoyed the stay while here. Look forward to welcoming you back soon and don’t forget to ask about Palm Beach Atlantic special offers at the hotel!

James Hansen

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!