“A Excellent Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“A Excellent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is the third year we have stayed at the Hyatt Place in West Palm Beach. The location is great.
It is just a few blocks from City Place and Clematis Street. Loads of restaurants and night life nearby.

The hotel is new and spotless and the staff could not be friendlier or more helpful.( including the manager and assistant manger- they are hands-on smart responsive people)

All the rooms are mini-suites and are clean, spacious and comfortable. Valet parking is available.
The complimentary breakfast (hot and cold items) is excellent-even the coffee great. Also, free internet, gym, jacuzzi and newspapers in the morning!!

I highly recommend this hotel.
john Fitz

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear jfitz_12,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel, we really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to inform us about your stay. Our Hyatt Place team prides themselves is assuring each and every guest has a great experience, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us!

We look forward to your next visit at the Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown!

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Southeastern Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Something was happening in the West Palm Beach area. Most hotels were booked solid. I "settled" for this hotel... but it was a pleasant experience. I was travelling with my wife, adult-daughter and granddaughter. It was clear from the start this was a business-person's hotel. Still and all, the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Rooms are ideal for business... not quite so for families, but clean and nicely decorated. Free WiFi! Yeah! Still curse the big corporate properties that make guests pay for WiFi. Breakfast each morn was free and really, quite good. No pool... again a reflection of the kind-of "all business" feel. But the staff's excellent service and kindness eclipsed any shortcoming. If I was travelling to West Palm Beach for business... I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear CryingMan,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family. Our breakfast is quite delicious and the complimentary wifi is wonderful for all travelers. We hope to see you next time you are in town, whether it is for business or pleasure.
Hobe Sound, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel recently and it was beyond fantastic. It was only for one night but it was great. The room was a mini-suite with a king size bed and partial view of the intracoastal. Everything was great from the moment we checked in to the moment we left. The front desk people were very nice and super helpful. There isn't a pool here but they have a hot tub and a cold tub. It's like another hot tub just cold! The entire place was clean, neat, no signs of anything nasty. It is walking distance to Clematis St where all the excitement is. The bedding was heavenly and the fact that the wifi was free was also a huge hit. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious too. Lots to choose from. I wish we could have stayed longer!
We had a great group rate on the room which made this even better.

Room Tip: Close to Clematis St and the waterfront.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AGenua,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear your stay was enjoyable. The hot and cold tubs are relaxing after an evening on Clematis Street! We look forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown.
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I would highly recommend this place. Everything seems to be brand new (or at least very recently renovated). Everything is modern and spacious. Our room had a large seating area with comfortable couches, TV, and a coffee-area with a small fridge. Beds are very comfy and there is a choice of different pillows (soft to firm). Great parking - easy to access from the street and from the hotel building. The price for parking was not included in the hotel rate: 19 dollars per car per night. But the rate was sufficiently low to still make it a good deal. Breakfast and very fast internet were included. The location is incredible as well. One thing: bring earplugs, we could hear cars at night as it is close to a busy bridge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Xroust,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Our rooms are very spacious and our Hyatt Grand Beds are noted for their comfort. I am happy to hear you also enjoyed our great location as well.
We look forward to your next visit to West Palm Beach.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The location is an easy walk to both City Place and Clematis Street. Hotel food is very good for a bar type setting - not a good place if you are looking for a formal dinner - on the go type food - if you want fancy hit City Place. Rooms very nice and comfortable.
One oddity - they have a hotel van parked right outside the entrance in the garage but won't use it to shuttle guests to the airport 5 minutes away - instead you gave to wait for them to call a taxi/limo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fancy H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our 24/7 Gallery Fresh menu does have some tasty cafe style options. Our complimentary shuttle travels within a 2 mile radius of the hotel so we can take you to great places such as Clematis Street, City Place or the Beach!
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown!
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and the woman at the front desk was absolutely terrible. My company had paid for the room in advance and had a master credit card on file. I tried to explain this to the woman at the front desk but she wouldn't listen and required me to provide a personal card to be on file, which would put a hold on my credit card for the entire trip. I asked to speak to a manager who agreed with me that my credit card wasn't necessary at all. I was furious as my card would no longer work the entire trip thanks to the woman not even bothering to check to see what was on file and we had to go through an entire process of removing my card and calling my company to get the card information again. The woman never offered an apology, only mentioning that it wasn't her fault because the credit card company is the one that puts a hold on the card. When we went to check out the same woman was working and decided it was more important to restock the snack bar than to help me check out. I even mentioned that I was in a bit of a hurry to catch my plane, and she just responded that she would be with me when she finished. The rooms and location were fine, but the customer service ensured that I will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Elizabeth H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the confusion at your check-in and the inconvenience you experienced. If I may assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel isn't a glamourous choice for the area but good location, clean & reasonably priced.
Check desk is slightly odd in that it merges into the cafe servery, plenty of staff standing around but only 1 seemed to be able to check people in so perhaps the other 3 were just there to serve muffins ? Rooms had an interesting layout, not much space around the bed but a good area with large sectional, desk & bar area. The one big negative to the room was the A/C which was incredibly noisy & made it hard to sleep. I was right next to the elevators but didn't get any noise from them or the corridor even when I'd turned the A/c off so full marks there. Breakfast was very good - clean, well laid out, good choice, fresh food & well stocked. Check your bill on departure - everyone in my group had parking added even though only one had a car which was noted at check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear UKSarahAtlanta,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our AM Kitchen Skillet is a wonderful breakfast and our Grab-n-Go bakery cafe and 24/7 menu offer a variety of options for our guests. I apologize for the incovenience of the A/C noise and have addressed that with our engineer. Next time you are in town, do not hesitate to call me directly, I will set you up with the best rate available.

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!