“Beautiful Hotel in Middle of the City” 5 of 5 stars

Get Caught Package
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Hobe Sound, FL
“Beautiful Hotel in Middle of the City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel recently and it was beyond fantastic. It was only for one night but it was great. The room was a mini-suite with a king size bed and partial view of the intracoastal. Everything was great from the moment we checked in to the moment we left. The front desk people were very nice and super helpful. There isn't a pool here but they have a hot tub and a cold tub. It's like another hot tub just cold! The entire place was clean, neat, no signs of anything nasty. It is walking distance to Clematis St where all the excitement is. The bedding was heavenly and the fact that the wifi was free was also a huge hit. The free breakfast in the morning was delicious too. Lots to choose from. I wish we could have stayed longer!
We had a great group rate on the room which made this even better.

Room Tip: Close to Clematis St and the waterfront.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear AGenua,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear your stay was enjoyable. The hot and cold tubs are relaxing after an evening on Clematis Street! We look forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown.

282 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Quebec
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I would highly recommend this place. Everything seems to be brand new (or at least very recently renovated). Everything is modern and spacious. Our room had a large seating area with comfortable couches, TV, and a coffee-area with a small fridge. Beds are very comfy and there is a choice of different pillows (soft to firm). Great parking - easy to access from the street and from the hotel building. The price for parking was not included in the hotel rate: 19 dollars per car per night. But the rate was sufficiently low to still make it a good deal. Breakfast and very fast internet were included. The location is incredible as well. One thing: bring earplugs, we could hear cars at night as it is close to a busy bridge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Xroust,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. Our rooms are very spacious and our Hyatt Grand Beds are noted for their comfort. I am happy to hear you also enjoyed our great location as well.
We look forward to your next visit to West Palm Beach.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

The location is an easy walk to both City Place and Clematis Street. Hotel food is very good for a bar type setting - not a good place if you are looking for a formal dinner - on the go type food - if you want fancy hit City Place. Rooms very nice and comfortable.
One oddity - they have a hotel van parked right outside the entrance in the garage but won't use it to shuttle guests to the airport 5 minutes away - instead you gave to wait for them to call a taxi/limo.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Fancy H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our 24/7 Gallery Fresh menu does have some tasty cafe style options. Our complimentary shuttle travels within a 2 mile radius of the hotel so we can take you to great places such as Clematis Street, City Place or the Beach!
Thank you for choosing Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown!
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and the woman at the front desk was absolutely terrible. My company had paid for the room in advance and had a master credit card on file. I tried to explain this to the woman at the front desk but she wouldn't listen and required me to provide a personal card to be on file, which would put a hold on my credit card for the entire trip. I asked to speak to a manager who agreed with me that my credit card wasn't necessary at all. I was furious as my card would no longer work the entire trip thanks to the woman not even bothering to check to see what was on file and we had to go through an entire process of removing my card and calling my company to get the card information again. The woman never offered an apology, only mentioning that it wasn't her fault because the credit card company is the one that puts a hold on the card. When we went to check out the same woman was working and decided it was more important to restock the snack bar than to help me check out. I even mentioned that I was in a bit of a hurry to catch my plane, and she just responded that she would be with me when she finished. The rooms and location were fine, but the customer service ensured that I will never stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Elizabeth H,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the confusion at your check-in and the inconvenience you experienced. If I may assist with future reservations, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hotel isn't a glamourous choice for the area but good location, clean & reasonably priced.
Check desk is slightly odd in that it merges into the cafe servery, plenty of staff standing around but only 1 seemed to be able to check people in so perhaps the other 3 were just there to serve muffins ? Rooms had an interesting layout, not much space around the bed but a good area with large sectional, desk & bar area. The one big negative to the room was the A/C which was incredibly noisy & made it hard to sleep. I was right next to the elevators but didn't get any noise from them or the corridor even when I'd turned the A/c off so full marks there. Breakfast was very good - clean, well laid out, good choice, fresh food & well stocked. Check your bill on departure - everyone in my group had parking added even though only one had a car which was noted at check in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear UKSarahAtlanta,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our AM Kitchen Skillet is a wonderful breakfast and our Grab-n-Go bakery cafe and 24/7 menu offer a variety of options for our guests. I apologize for the incovenience of the A/C noise and have addressed that with our engineer. Next time you are in town, do not hesitate to call me directly, I will set you up with the best rate available.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Hyatt Place in City Place is clean and have large rooms. The rooms have a large sectional sofa, comfortable bed, and desk. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Next time I am in South Florida I will definitely be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Born2Travel57,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel! Our rooms are very spacious and our Hyatt Grand Bed is very comfortable. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again!
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 4 times this year, including a 22 night-stay in August. I must say I was extremely pleased every time.
Friendly staff (they know me by name) knows my preferences and try to please me every stay.
Clean and impecable rooms. Fantastic breakfast.
The only problem is the internet, that never works properly neither in the room nor in the lobby.
Other than that, it is just perfect!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Chris2023,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! I am hapy to hear you enjoy your stays with us. We look forward to your next visit to the Hyatt Place West Palm Beach/Downtown.

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!