“Convenient, comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“Convenient, comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here while visiting a college down the street. Very convenient, quiet, comfortable and quite roomy. Great value for the money. We got a free hot buffet breakfast each morning, which had a multitude of choices. The front desk was helpful with directions, and the business center had all we needed to conduct our business. The hotel is much nicer inside than it appears from the outside.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Rebecca J,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed staying with us while visiting the college. The hotel is in a very convenient location, not only to Palm Beach Atlantic University, but also to City Place, Clematis Street and the beach! Thank you for your great review of the hotel, we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

When you walk in it's beautiful. The checkin process was slow. The room had a nice corner sofa that I found useful to unpack my things. It would probably be comfortable to sleep on. Standup shower was a nice change but water got all over the floor. The AC unit was so loud I couldn't hear the TV nor could I sleep. I suggest turning it off if you can or brining ear plugs. I only slept 4 hours. And that was with a pillow on my head. Breakfast was good. I had oatmeal with fresh cut fruit. The breakfast hostess was very sweet.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mindy D441,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The coxy corner sectional sleeper is a nice feature. Our breakfast also provides a great start to the day. We hope you visit us again in West Palm Beach!
Oakland Park, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from 10/11-10/15 booked through Hotwire for all of what I believe was 62$ a night. I was a veteran of the "3 star" random hotel as I have used the feature over a dozen times. The hotwire associate whom I booked the reservation told me all the "3 star randoms" had "free parking".... I called the Hyatt Place after reservation and asked about what is needed to be payed additionally upfront as I know most hotels have a security. I was told 200 Cash+30$ a night (which is horrible as most 4-Stars offer 50$ flat a night) or 30$ each night via card. I knew I needed 120$ additionally but no biggie because I would get it back. The ONLY reason I even give this hotel a 2 Star (honestly would give it 2.5 stars if possible) is the rooms. Gosh, out of all the 3 stars this place is by far the nicest. Stayed at a few 4 Stars and none had a 42" Plasma TV like these and I love the separation of living area/bed. The A/C is located horribly next to the bed though and it isn't the quietest. The "Free Breakfast" in the morning is really bad.. I can't say anything more/less about it. The Pool is the same size as the Jacuzzi next to it and the waterfall that I heard about wasn't working. I still would of gave this hotel a solid 3.5/4 until the lack of Management struck. I did self checkout on the 15th by the Kiosk which was easy and carefree. I went to use my debit card on the 17th and noticed Hyatt charged me 19$ a night parking!! I immediately called Hyatt and spoke to a Manager. She was very polite and told me they had certain Hotwire listing errors that she thought where sorted out. I used to work at Bradley's and could of easily parked my car for free. She told me do not worry and that she would refund my money and let her head know of the error via Hotwire. Checking my balance two days later to find nothing is pending... Called Hyatt AGAIN different manager and he told me they where busy so the refund was done that day! 2 full days after my call! For short it's now 3 days later my refund is not in sight... I called Hyatt and was told no manager is on duty Saturday or Sunday and to call back Monday... Wow.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
JamesDOS, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Steve J,

Thanks for taking the time out to share feedback about your stay. I am sincerely apologetic about the misunderstanding with regards to our parking fees and have since reached out to our Hotwire partners to rectify the misinformation. I have been informed that the correct parking details are shown now on the Hotwire site and hopefully this will no longer be an issue. We appreciate your stay and again your feedback concerning the follow up was also addressed and rectified. We hope when your travel brings you back to West Palm Beach you will give us another opportunity to serve as your home away from home.

Sunny Regards,

James Hansen
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This brand new hotel is very convenient to the airport and well located in downtown. The staff is very friendly and the rate is excellent. The room was comfortable with a nice layout. The sofa was L-shaped so it was nice for easy TV watching or more than one person. I liked that my room was up-to-date with a shower enclosure and I didn't have to get in and out of a tub. Excellent wi-fi. The TV viewing area has a good feature in that the connections for HDMI, cell phone charger, etc. can be easily plugged in versus reaching behind furniture to get to wall plugs or behind a TV set. The bed also had a master light control panel. All-in-all many 5-star features to include an excellent complimentary breakfast - a good start to the day. I'm a light sleeper so my only complaint is a noisy air conditioner which I turned off - but being in Florida that could not be comfortable either; also my room was on the street so I had street noise. I would definitely recommend this property and it encourages me to try other Hyatts in other cities. I hope to come back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Abby G,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. Our plug-n-play panel is a great feature! We look forward to your next visit to West Palm Beach!
Miami, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night. Located perfectly in downtown, making it easy to get to either Clematis St or Cityplace. Room is comfortable with plenty of space for two people. Knew parking was an additional surcharge so it wasn't an issue. Complimentary breakfast with waffles and ham & egg muffins are a plus. Would stay there again for a nice weekend getaway.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear kennyf1130,

Thank you for your review of of our hotel. We are happy to here you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the West Palm Beach/Downtown area. Our rooms are quite comfortable and spacious. We look forward to your next visit!
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

my friends and i booked a room at the hyatt for my birthday weekend. upon arrival, the clerk at the desked asked my name .....looked in the computer and told me "sorry we dont have a room for you.. we gave them all away to a wedding party." while the man was telling me this information, the "manager" was behind him just going about his business... he finally approached us and said there were absolutely no rooms and there was nothing he could do for us at the hyatt. he did, however, tell us they were sending all of the other hotel guests who booked a room with them and couldnt accomodate them down to the marriot by the train tracks.. they had a stack of papers written out to give the "guests" who were unable to stay there...EVENTHOUGH we all booked a room with them....ready to give to us.. i found this insulting......if they took the time to type out these "vouchers" to send us to another hotel, why didnt they have the time to CALL the guests who were promised a room, then taken the room from?! a little heads up would have been nice.. i will not book here ever again... nor will i reccommend this to anyone else...

Room Tip: stay at the marriot... it is nice and they were very accommodating.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear megbrett,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We always strive to exceed guest expectations. Unfortunately, due to a sold out weekend and an exceptional number of extended stayover guests, we are sorry we were unable to honor your reservation. It was our pleasure to accommodate you at another hotel. Should your travels bring you to the area again, we hope you will allow us to redeem ourselves by choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your feedback, we will certainly reach out to guests in advance should this ever happen in the future.
Manhattan Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed at the Hyatt Place for business for 2 nights in August 2012. The hotel is centrally located in WPB approximately 10 minutes from I-95. Its a 5 minute drive/15 minute walk to the beach and is near a number of stores and restaurants.
The hotel is relatively new. The decor is modern/austere and the staff is very friendly and helpful. I really liked the fact that there are kiosks for automatic check in which reduce the time waiting a the front desk. The lobby is a little dark, but quite spacious.
The rooms are very large with a sitting area with a desk and couch separate from the sleeping area. The TV is positioned so one can watch from both "rooms". Bathroom is average sized and the climate control is quite nice. Rooms are quiet and the beds are very comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning is expansive and filling. The work out area is small but with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bicycle and some free weights. The pool/sauna is nice and was barely used while i stayed there. Love the free wifi.
Only a few issues that prevent me from giving 5 stars. The parking garage is unattended and connects to the hotel via the lobby and a mezzanine area. The mezzanine area entrance is secured and you need key card entry for access, but once youre in, you have access to guest floors. I know the hotel is in west palm beach and not chicago, but i did notice that this was a weak access point to the hotel.
Other minor thing was the workout area was not totally clean. People sweat when they work out and at the very least there should be sani-wipes so guests can wipe down equipment. There werent any and its my fault for forgetting to mention this to the front desk, I'm sure they would have taken care of it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Elizabeth M, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear cubsfan73,

We are excited you enjoyed your stay with us and found your room comfortable. The hotel is within walking distance to fabulous restaurants and the beach. We look forward to your next stay! Thank you for taking time to write a review of our hotel.

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!