“great place” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

Hyatt place is an excellent choice in West Palm Beach. It is ideally located only three blocks
from City place. The complimentary breakfast is very good and valet parking is available.
I recommend the hotel with its efficient staff. It has everything.

john Fitzsimons

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
jfitz_12,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I hope you & Mrs. are doing great, I miss seeing you each morning and can't wait to see you again next year.

Best regards,

253 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The price of this hotel looks great until they put random charges on your bill. I had 250$ of charges I did not commit. DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
We are a non-smoking hotel for the comfort of the majority of our guests. No smoking signs are posted throughout the hotel as well as at the entry of each room. I sincerely apologize for having to charge you for a smoking fee. As required, we make every effort to contact guests as soon as possible when charging additional fees. These charges cover additional expense for proper refreshing of a room. I would be happy to provide you with the photographs taken as documentation of the discarded tobacco products if you would like to contact me directly.

Regards,
jensen beach fl.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel to go an event in West Palm. Very nice rooms, clean, comfy beds the room had everything you would need. Check in was very easy and the staff especially John the manager was very friendly and helpful. It was nice being able to grad something quick to eat in the lobby and the lobby bar was well stocked and the bartender went out of his way with superior service. Will definetly return!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Caribbeanshores,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share your response with our team as well as with John. I hope we can provide you with accommodations the next time you visit the Palm beach area.

Lake Mary, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I traveled to West Palm Beach for business and stayed at this hotel overnight; I have stayed two more times because its conveniently located, parking is simple, its clean and the personnel at the front desk have always tried to make my stay comfortable-whether its last minute paper work I needed to have printed in the business center or just general questions they have always been professional, courteous etc.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
TravelBuff540,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I will be sure to share your response with our team and I hope we can provide you with accommodations the next time you visit the Palm beach area.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

Comfy beds but price to park a card is now $19 -- a bit ttoo pricey for me. New breakfast menu is a good idea up waffles and sandwiches not very warm. Tried oatmeal this morning. Same thing. Food needs to be hotter.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Slick123442139,,

Thank you so much for your review. We began our new breakfast in January and I do apologize but think we have worked everything out including the temperatures. We greatly appreciate your business as that of the PBA families and i hope your daughter is doing well. I will be sure to share your response with our team and I hope we can continue to provide you with accommodations the next time you visit PBA University and the Palm Beach area.

NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in Aug 2011, for one night while interviewing at a local firm. I informed the hotel I would be arriving very late, acutally the wee hours of the morning, and wanted to make sure that my check in would be expidited so I can just go to sleep as soon as possible. I took a cab from the airport and arrived a the hotel in approx 20 minutes, the cost was @ $17.
The Hotel is an ideal location in Dowtown WPB, close to most major businesses. A short walk from hotel will bring into to City Place, where you can find just about anything you may need during your stay.
The room I reserved was a king standard room. There is a nice seating area that offers a large corner couch that doubles as a hideaway bed. There are plenty of accessible outlets for all yout "gadgets"...this tends be very important for those that travel for business. The bed was comfortable and the closet space was fine.
The only two things that I can nit pick about would be, the size of the bathroom and the annoying illuminated light switches....I like to sleep in complete darkness....and no matter how I tried to cover them.....there was always that faint blue hue in the room.

There is nice lobby area for get snacks or light lunch....

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BellaPhia,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I do apologize for the lighting issue in your room and thank you very much for bringing this to my attention.

I hope you will consider us the next time you visit the Palm Beach area and I may have a solution regarding the light switch by then.

Whitby, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

Location location location!!! If you want to be able to walk to shops, restaurants and water...this is a very nice place. No running shoes required!! Seriously 10 minutes to anywhere!!

Ok hotel is a little odd. Entrance is just ....no matter where you come from...front entrance or parking entrance..........you just wonder where the 'front desk' is. Not very inviting or welcoming as most hotels are. Front staff was very frustrated with dealing with people booking in.
They cancelled my reservation when I had a reservation confirmation number but was able to get me a room. Was not happy with that! Coming from Canada and booking ahead and the front desk man can not find your reservation is stressing and just not needed when you have not idea where else to go. At this time I had this man spazing beside about his room and just wondering what am I in for??
Anyhow...turned out alright. Our room was facing the parking lot. Free internet took us about 45 mins to figure it out how to connect and we had privacy on our room and they disturbed us!!!!
One more thing.........................there is NO SAFE in the room!!! Seriously....when traveling with passports and money.....there should be a safe. No one wants to go to the front desk to use a safe box!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave C, Manager at Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
tinytina2764,

I am sorry for any inconveniences you experienced but I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate you and that you were happy overall. We will be adding safes to all of our rooms in the coming year and I hope we are able to accommodate you if you ever return to the Palm Beach area.

Our goal is to make each experience a memorable one and exceed your expectations. Thank you for your feedback.

Assistant General Manager

Been to Hyatt Place West Palm Beach Downtown? Share your experiences!