“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
West Palm Beach, Florida
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

came for mothers day with my wife and my daughter. had a very excellent time. the service was good, and the food came out at a good pace, dispite how crazy busy the little dinning room was. We started out with the oysters which were the BEST ive ever had. They were from bluepoint and they were the juicest oysters ive ever had. My wife had the mussel appetizer and they looked very plump and delicious, she enjoyed them very much. The entrees were very tasty as well. my blackened grouper was nice and the mashed califlower was amazing. My daughter loved her lobster and my wife said she had the best crab cakes in the area. glad we decided to try this little resturant a try, didnt have my expectations high but we left extremely statisfied

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Ate here for second time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Just ate here tonight 5:11:13 and we were in a rush. Had 7 pm movie Tks for 42 Jackie Robinson story. Got to restaurant about 6 pm. I told waiter we were in a rush. And Sabastian took great care of us.We had been taken here last year for lunch here by a realtor now friend when looking for a house. We remembered it was a fish market also( that came first). I had hog snapper the waiters favorite $23 . My wife had pistachio encrusted grouper. Both were excellent. Two side come with meal. Salad soups are alacarte. Broccoli large heads were fresh new potatoes good boc chop very good and sweet potatoes fries . We had a delicious conch apy not fritters with Asian sweet and sour sauce . We were done and out by 6:35 to catch the movie

Visited May 2013
Clive, Iowa
“Good Seafood Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I ate at this restaurant during a vacation in early May in West Palm Beach. The restaurant location and building a very unassuming on Dixie Hwy location in WPB. The interior is decorated with pictures of marlins, fish and aquariums on the walls. The booths are 50's style along the side and tables in the middle. It is small with limited parking. We ate early with no other customers in the place on a Tuesday night. We ordered steamed crab. We had hoped for King crab but believe it was snow crab. Bread was good as were the sides.

Restaurant is a short drive from downtown and a nice change from the chain restaurants and overpriced eateries in City Place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Taos
“So good we went back the next day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The first night, we had dinner with a friend who had only eaten lunch here. Everything was fresh. My wife had a red snapper, lightly fried in a butter caper sauce...delicious. I had an equally fine hog snapper in a lime-butter sauce. Out host had the best dish- Cantonese lobster, which was a fresh whole maine lobster battered and fried in a Cantonese sauce. Excellent.

So my wife and I went back the next night to try the Asian menu. The owner is Cantonese and his recipes were a delight. I had a mixed seafood dish where the Calamari was as tender as boiled eggs and the sauce was wonderful.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
“Compliment/Complaint”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

After my family's trip to the keys, we deciede to eat more in season, local Florida seafood and every thing else Florida.I called this place in the morning to ask when is the slow time ref I had a lot of questions to ask based off the FWC website. "After 2 before 5," the young lady said. We had a taste for bay scallops but, according to the FWC website April is out of season (in season July-Sept). They had them for sale so I questioned it's freshness. I asked the man behind the counter if I could speak with someone ref my questions my take a bit of time (there was no one else in the market spot at the time). The young lady I spoke with over the phone came out to assist me.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the young lady's name. She was in her early 20's, blond hair with glasses about 5' 6", and very accommodating with my questions. She was the one who told me when to come by with my questions and she took the time to sit with me to answer most of them. However, when I decided to purchase, the man (Latino, older, short)behind the market counter was a jerk. Why is it I know what time he had to go home? Why did the young lady have to tell him he had to serve me? Why is it when another customer came in, he promptly tried to serve him before me?

I guess, I've been out of the USA too long to expect good customer service when spending my hard earned money that I use to feed my family the best I can. I will follow up with the manager.

• Visited April 2013