“Casual dining with great lobster” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Zurich, Switzerland
“Casual dining with great lobster”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Do not expect a formal seating. Nice casual restaurant with good quality seafood. Lobster in different sizes at very reasonable prices. My lobster was just cooked with butter and new potatoes, good quality. The sushi starter was a bit basic with small peaces of tuna and salmon. Overall great value and very nice service. They let us taste several different wines. Very friendly people. Great place to take kids as well, as long as they like fish, because there is not much else than fish....
Deserts were not very special but ok.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
“Amazing food at a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

From the moment you walk in the door the atmosphere is friendly and clean. The staff is always smiling and the owners are readily available to say hello or answer questions. The lobster specials can't be beat and the appetizers are delicious! Overall I would highly recommend Gulfstream Bistro for lunch and dinner!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Local seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently ate at the Gulf Stream and enjoyed my dining experience. We arrived around 9 to a market/restaurant environment. I enjoyed the service and the decor was engaging. My starter appetizer was the seared scallops, inman topped with mango salsa, I loved seared scallops and the salsa was a perfect combination...I couldn't get enough!!
For dinner I ordered the Sea Bass which was perfect portion and very flavorful in a light sauce with mashed potatoes. My date ordered the tuna which he likes cooked medium well, however their portion is cooked raw sushi style, because the piece of tuna is not thick steak cut, which my date didn't realize until he got his plate. Although the server told us it should only be cooked as stated on the menu she should have explained that the cut is the reason why having it medium well was not possible as the cut was not thick enough. In any case, the tuna was well done, my date was a bit disappointed but we agree that we will return to dine there for seafood again. The price was also very reasonable and we were glad we had dinner there. I'm sure our next time will be delightfully delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Amazing everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants that I have been to for seafood in a very long time. They have amazing specials and the staff really know what they are talking about they never have to go check or get a manager. The food is very sophisticated, great atmosphere! Over all the best!!

boston
“The real thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Gulfstream Bistro is a restaurant and fish market sharing space. The retail fish store carries an excellent selection of highest quality products -- and this carries over to the restaurant itself. An imaginative menu with many appealing choices and excellent service make dining at the Gulfstream Bistro a rewarding experience.

• Visited February 2012