“Great Local seafood restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #131 of 574 Restaurants in West Palm Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
“Great Local seafood restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I recently ate at the Gulf Stream and enjoyed my dining experience. We arrived around 9 to a market/restaurant environment. I enjoyed the service and the decor was engaging. My starter appetizer was the seared scallops, inman topped with mango salsa, I loved seared scallops and the salsa was a perfect combination...I couldn't get enough!!
For dinner I ordered the Sea Bass which was perfect portion and very flavorful in a light sauce with mashed potatoes. My date ordered the tuna which he likes cooked medium well, however their portion is cooked raw sushi style, because the piece of tuna is not thick steak cut, which my date didn't realize until he got his plate. Although the server told us it should only be cooked as stated on the menu she should have explained that the cut is the reason why having it medium well was not possible as the cut was not thick enough. In any case, the tuna was well done, my date was a bit disappointed but we agree that we will return to dine there for seafood again. The price was also very reasonable and we were glad we had dinner there. I'm sure our next time will be delightfully delicious.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Amazing everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants that I have been to for seafood in a very long time. They have amazing specials and the staff really know what they are talking about they never have to go check or get a manager. The food is very sophisticated, great atmosphere! Over all the best!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
boston
“The real thing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Gulfstream Bistro is a restaurant and fish market sharing space. The retail fish store carries an excellent selection of highest quality products -- and this carries over to the restaurant itself. An imaginative menu with many appealing choices and excellent service make dining at the Gulfstream Bistro a rewarding experience.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
florida
“fotos don't do justice to it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

this is a hidden gem. It should be rated 5 star. The chef really knows how to cook fish. I had Snapper Vera Cruz & it was a filet with a wonderful light sauce on top, the cauliflour mash was wonderful, Such a treat to find a little local place that isn't afraid to do something different. Service was tops, The prices are reasonable and the quality is top notch. GO.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Palm Beach, Florida
“This is just NASTY”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I was looking for a place to purchase fresh seafood. I find the fish in grocery stores to be less than fresh but this place was just deplorable.I took one look at the fish counter and walked out. The place smells like rotten fish not the ocean. I can't believe the poor quality of the fish this Market is selling. The fish is dryed up, it is close to rotten based on appearance, and I can't understand how people could stomache it. Nasty Nasty Nasty. If this is there best fish they offer then I hate to see what they are cooking in the restaurant because I bet it is the leftovers from the Market. Please go to the docks and buy fish from someone, cut it open, take a smell, feel it, look at it and you will know what truely fresh is.

• Visited June 2012