My recent stay at the Palm Beach Lakes Ramada Inn, West Palm Beach was awful.We arrived late on Saturday night/sunday morning (12:30am). I was told to call the hotel by the helpful front desk attended I spoke with on Friday afternoon. She informed me that they would send a discount rate taxi for us as the shuttle would not be running at that time. When we got off the plan and headed to the exit I called the front desk and was told that a taxi driver would be calling us shortly. At approximately 12:50 after hearing from no one I called the hotel back and was immediately placed on hold. I the front desk finally came back to me and I was told that he would call the taxi service again. The taxi service finally arrived just about 1:00am which I later found out was not the taxi that was called for me but at that point I was not waiting any longer. We arrived at the hotel and finally checked in and got to our room. We tried to sleep as we were very tired from traveling. Every time the A/c unit turned on it made a loud noise and sounded like a diesel truck idling in our room. We tried to adjust the settings several times but no luck. At one point we finally just shut off the unit just to try and get some sleep. At approximately 7:30 I called the front desk to inform them of the noisy unit (I would have called earlier but I wasn't sure if anyone was actually asleep and did not want to wake them up). At first the desk attendant offered nothing for us, just asked why I didn't call earlier. When I asked about moving to another room she said that there were none available. She said she would check again and call back. She called back and said she found another room on the same floor and at first I thought someone would come up to our room with the new keys, but I was wrong called back and then heading down to the front desk. She was all set to give the keys when she said that she better check with house keeping first. Good thing she did because it turns out that someone was in the room. She then finally found another room and we moved to that room for at least a few hours of rest finally. Unfortunately she must have not told housekeeping that room was not taken and about a half hour late some came into the room without even knocking. We then paid for an over priced breakfast which should probably complimentary based on the offerings and quality of food.We did get $30 the bill but I feel that this is not enough to make up for the poor customer care.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rest and refresh yourself when you stay at our Ramada West Palm Beach Airport hotel near beaches and fun attractions. Our tropics-inspired sundeck, outdoor heated pool and friendly service will relax you on your next Florida vacation. Our pet-friendly hotel features 3,100 square feet of meeting and banquet space, ideal for your next family or professional event. Each of our 162 guest rooms is appointed with coffee maker, desk, hair dryer, safe and voicemail. Our West Palm Beach hotel also offers accommodations with microwave and fridge upon request. Enjoy free Wi-Fi Internet access at our beautiful vacation hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Ramada West Palm Beach Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Comfort Inn