I reserved two rooms for a total party of 4 people.
First impression of the hotel wasn't great. I had requested early-check in (between 10-11am), and while I understand they can't always promise that, I was disappointed to find that there was no-one even at the desk. No bell to ring for service either. We could hear someone "in the back" using a computer and shuffling papers around, but no-one came out for a good five or ten minutes, and only then because the phone rang. She walked out, looked right at us, and just picked up the phone and took care of the caller before even acknowledging us. And without even looking at our reservation just told us to come back at 3pm.
Other than that, it was more or less fine. The rooms were nice. Plenty of amenities. Had a decent-sized fridge (although the other room claims theirs wasn't cold), along with a microwave, safe box, and ironing board. The rooms were mostly clean (the bathtub was greasy, but that's usually par for the course). I keep the Do Not Disturb sign up, but the other room claims the maid avoided doing a lot of the cleaning and kept asking if she could "just make the bed". Both rooms dealt with a bit of the whole "call down for towels, wait a while, call again" run-around. But again, for the price, I wasn't expecting five-star service.
The hotel offers free on-site parking, but is very limited. On busy nights, you'll be lucky to find a spot. I had to circle around the parking lot for half an hour one night waiting for someone to leave so I could park. They offer a valet, but I never utilized the service. The location is certainly prime. Right off the highway, and next to just about everything. Palm Beach Outlets were a short 5 minute drive, and the hotel is located next to Okeechobee Blvd., which has everything you could ever want. Also, CityPlace is only 10 or 15 minutes away. I was really impressed with how close everything was.
A couple other minor issues plagued the trip, like wonky TVs with bad remotes, a loud AC unit, doors that don't shut all the way without using a lot of force, a lack of free breakfast (some 3rd party booking sites still list that they offer this!), etc. But the low price and good location made it overall a worthwhile trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rest and refresh yourself when you stay at our Ramada West Palm Beach Airport hotel near beaches and fun attractions. Our tropics-inspired sundeck, outdoor heated pool and friendly service will relax you on your next Florida vacation. Our pet-friendly hotel features 3,100 square feet of meeting and banquet space, ideal for your next family or professional event. Each of our 162 guest rooms is appointed with coffee maker, desk, hair dryer, safe and voicemail. Our West Palm Beach hotel also offers accommodations with microwave and fridge upon request. Enjoy free Wi-Fi Internet access at our beautiful vacation hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Ramada West Palm Beach Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn West Palm Beach
- West Palm Beach Comfort Inn