“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Ramada West Palm Beach Airport to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Hotels.com
Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33409 (Formerly Comfort Inn West Palm Beach Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #25 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Cannot be the value for this hotel. Room was clean, beds were comfortable, staff was friendly. We enjoyed the pool, and the courtyard is very nice with palm beaches surrounding the pool. Complimentary Breakfast was the normal selection for hotels in this price range. We would definitely stay here again. Other travelers staying at the hotel seemed to be mix of families and business travelers. We really have no complaints - I am surprised to see some of the negative reviews.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Palm Harbor, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The room they gave us had a bed that was older than me and the bedding was only slightly younger. It was so soft I had to put the ironing board under the mattress to sleep - and it was still too soft. The floor of the tub hadn't been cleaned properly in weeks. The shower valve wasn't installed right, so the flow was off. The room smelled. The elevator smelled like someone smoked in it daily. The breakfast area was not cleaned properly. When we asked to swtich to a room with a firmer bed, I got an eye roll and told they were all the same. I asked for a rollaway - told no. Told them I could not physically sleep on that bed again and they finally agreed that they might have a firmer bed. That room was only slightly better so we toughed it out - sorry I did that. My back still hurts 12 hours after waking up. There was hair in the tub. Only 1/2 the lights worked Then when I went to check out the next day, it took about 10 minutes, as the clerk claimed my card was decline (it's worked everywhere else before and after) and then she claimed the computer wouldn't work for the second card - didn't call for help - just kept trying - finally got a receipt out of her. Oh - and I got an email from the FIRST card's credit card company saying that there is a charge from them, so I think I got charged twice. Will have to call about that tomorrow..... WAY over-priced for what it is. And I would not recommend this hotel to anyone until it goes through a major rennovation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I apologize that you were unhappy with the quality of your room and the customer service you received. Your comments are being addressed with the appropriate management and staff to ensure we improve in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of assistance in any way. Thank you, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.
New Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

This place is better than average for its price/location combo. We stayed for 2 nights and the staff was pleasant and competent. On our first morning breakfast was a mob scene since there were several groups in town for an event, and some of the food suffered for being undercooked and rushed out (cold microwaved eggs anyone?) but the second morning proved to be a nice hot breakfast with large variety and plenty of stock. The lobby, hallway, and room were clean and alright even though the balcony door was permanently bolted shut for some reason. Would return if we needed to.

Room Tip: They have a floor for smokers and a floor for pets. Just make sure you're not on either of those...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I have read previous reviews on this property, however I can give it two stars. It's a five minute drive to City Place in West Palm Beach, pet friendly if you have a dog, has smoking floors (not for me), and they do seem to be cleaning up the place after the change from a Comfort Inn to a Ramada. Expect spring break kids if you go in March.
I do not recommend a walk in as they put the room prices up, you are better off booking in advance with a discount company, and should be in the $60 price range.
The beds and bathroom were acceptable, and facing the pool was a quiet location. Breakfast was just average. I assume they will open the restaurant attached to the property at some time in the future. The Wi Fi service was intermittent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Bronson, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed 3 nights with High School SGA kids. ALL rooms AND elevators smelled of SMOKE. Terrible service. Our rooms were reserved for months and we still waited from 2pm until 4pm for our rooms to be "ready". Every time we were in th lobby there was someone at the counter with a complaint. We were there 3/1/13-3/4-13. Dirty, out-dated, and no house-keeping. Had to go down stairs everyday to ask for fresh towels. I DO NOT RECCOMEND TIS HOTEL.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay. I'm very sorry that you didn't have an enoyable stay. It would be of great help in improving service to speak to you about your experience. Please feel free to either contact me at the hotel directly or provide contact information so I may call you to discuss your stay.
South Padre Island, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I made the reservation a couple of months ago through Hotels.com, when it was the West Palm Inn. I guess it recently became a Ramada. Now that I'm leaving a review on Trip Advisor, I'm really surprised to see how many bad reviews it's gotten lately. The only problem we had was finding it, you can't see it's sign at all at night. Other than that, the lobby was nice, the room was bigger than I expected and although you can tell it's been a while since the last renovation, it was nice and clean. The pool area was great, nice and secluded and well landscaped. The free breakfast had a good variety of selections - lots of cereals to choose from, a variety of yogurts, really good bagels, english muffins, sausage, waffles, I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot. On check out day I just made myself a egg and sausage english muffin sandwich and took it to go to the airport with a cup of coffee. I wouldn't call it gourmet, but it was more than sufficient, especially for free. Service at the front desk and breakfast were a little slow at times, but they were always very helpful and friendly. I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us CJ_Sims64. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Regards,
Yvonne Thompson
Greenwood, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had a king bed, non-smoking room reserved for 4 nights in February. As soon as I got to the room, I noticed the sheets were dirty (with multiple hairs). The room was not smoke-free. As soon as I turned on the heater in the room, the system filled my room with smoke causing an asthma attack. People were coming & going in the room across the hall - continually, very late at night.
I left this hotel and found a much better one to spend the rest of my visit at West Palm Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear 54321dogsmom2,
I would like to thank you for your candor, and apologize for the conditions that led you to depart early. Feedback such as yours is valuable as we strive for improvement, but further detail would be very much appreciated so a more precise investigation and correction to your issue can be conducted. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Best Regards,
Yvonne Thompson

Been to Ramada West Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!