“Couldn't leave fast enough” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada West Palm Beach Airport

Save Saved
You added Ramada West Palm Beach Airport to your Saves list
Ramada West Palm Beach Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33409 (Formerly Comfort Inn West Palm Beach Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book in Advance; Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Greenwood, Indiana
“Couldn't leave fast enough”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had a king bed, non-smoking room reserved for 4 nights in February. As soon as I got to the room, I noticed the sheets were dirty (with multiple hairs). The room was not smoke-free. As soon as I turned on the heater in the room, the system filled my room with smoke causing an asthma attack. People were coming & going in the room across the hall - continually, very late at night.
I left this hotel and found a much better one to spend the rest of my visit at West Palm Beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear 54321dogsmom2,
I would like to thank you for your candor, and apologize for the conditions that led you to depart early. Feedback such as yours is valuable as we strive for improvement, but further detail would be very much appreciated so a more precise investigation and correction to your issue can be conducted. I welcome the opportunity to speak to you regarding your stay, please feel free to contact me by phone or email.
Best Regards,

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tallahassee, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I guess I can not be to upset as the price was cheap. The bathrooms need remodeling or better yet better curtains in the shower. There was a hideous smell through the walkway from the elevators to outside. The pool furniture needs updating. The elevator reeked of smoke. I am not sure how long this has been a Ramada but I wont be using them again. The breakfast buffet was mediocre.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rachel G,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Ramada West Palm Beach. I'm sorry to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction. Many upgrades to the property are coming in the near future, including remodeled bathrooms with upgraded linens, new pool furniture, new hallway carpet and wall coverings, and a full service restaurant. I hope we have the opportunity in the future to serve you again as a newer, better Ramada.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

The positive side is the customer service is good, the people at the desk are really friendly. First couple things you notice is the musty smell and the carpets in the hallway. The carpets look at least ten years old, 15, can I get a 20. They haven't been cleaned in a long time, long time. Once you make it to the room, it's ok. Bed is comfy. Rip all out the carpets, give it a remodel and the place would be up to standards. Otherwise it will be a hole in the wall not worth more then 40-50 bucks a night. I booked late at night with a booking site that shows you the hotel after u paid. I'm just glad I was only there for about ten hours. Didn't even think about trying the free breakfast.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Cursive9,
Thank you for feedback. We're happy that you were pleased with our service, and are confident that you would have enjoyed our complimentary breakfast.
We're very sorry that your expectations as far as the condition of the hotel were not met. Although the hallway carpets were professionally cleaned less than two months ago, we agree that an update is needed. We're very pleased to announce that the ordering phase of our renovation is already underway. A portion of the improvements include new hallway carpet, updated baths, guest room furniture, guest room lighting, and upgraded bedding to our already comfy beds.
We do hope that you will consider staying with us in the future.
Best regards,
Charleston, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I don't know how long ago that Ramada took over but this hotel needs help. I was in a "non-smoking" room, but it was evident that someone had been smoking...especially in the bathroom. I couldn't get rid of the musty smell in the room despite spraying air freshner.
I was there for two nights. It was nice of the cleaning lady to refresh the towels and such, but she never made the beds. Odd.
On the upside, the shower pressure was fantastic and the water HOT.

In a nutshell, it served my basic needs.

The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was decent (although I was afraid to eat the eggs. )

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. Although we would like to hear all good things, your honest feedback is a valuable tool by which we can become better. I'm dissappointed to read that service and the freshness of your room was not as expected. Your feedback will be shared with housekeeping management and we will ensure these issues are corrected immediately. I am pleased that you enjoyed the shower and the breakfast, and I welcome the opportunity to talk to you about your stay with further detail.
Best regards,
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel must be closed. Rancid smells, broken furniture, torn carpets and a rich supply of mold and stains on ceilings and in the bathrooms.
The most incompetent, rude, unskilled and outrageous staff in any business particularly hospitality. Complaints are pointless - they are openly disinterested and bothered.

The manager will go so far as to name call and become threatening and profane. Took a full 5 weeks for them to correct their "mistake" on my credit card.

Disgraceful that this hole is in service.

• Stayed December 2012
Yvonne T, General Manager at Ramada West Palm Beach Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Travelinman47,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your stay in December. I'm terribly dismayed that your stay and our service was not to your satisfaction. I would love to have the opportunity to discuss your stay with you in further detail to address the issues that you have described to better serve in the future.

Clermont, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel is in need of renovations! The carpet in our room was torn, the window was partially boarded up, and the view of the courtyard and pool was obstructed by plants.

My wife does not use elevators. The only stairs were emergency evacuation starways. They were very narrow, dark, and smelly. Both stairways lead to the outside of the building. One leads out to the courtyard and the other to the side of the building (in the parking lot).

The hotel is failry close to restaurants and short drive to the beaches. The mall nearby was mostly closed down.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Jericho, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Garbage greets you as you check in. Cans are filled to the top and little attention is paid to the cleanliness of this establishment. Pool was filthy. No juice for three days. Unlike other chains Choice Hotels just apologizes and does not offer restitution. In the real world customers are offered future hotel vouchers or refunds for such negative experiences.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ramada West Palm Beach Airport? Share your experiences!