“nice hotel near airport” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Cape May, New Jersey
“nice hotel near airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

within 10 mins of PBI airport the lobby was clean and check in was a breeze. The odd numbered rooms face I95 so there is some highway noise. The whole experience was with the exception of one strange housekeeping occurrence. On the second day of my stay housekeeping came in and removed the towels I had hanging in the bathroom but did not replace them. The same thing happened with the towels near the sink. As I was out late I did not notice until the next morning. I would stay again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
As a VALUED CUSTOMER, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations and will address the issue of your towels. Your feedback is integral to our ability to continue to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Margate, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Traveling from Orlando to our home in Fort Lauderdale late in the evening by car...my wife and I were too tired to continue. We stopped at the Courtyard West Palm Beach after finding all the hotels booked to capacity in Fort Pearce. Gege greeted me with a smile and took care of my questions with professionalism and enthusiasm. Whenever my wife and I travel, we always look for a Marriott property as we can expect wonderful service by wonderful Marriott associates. Thanks Gege for your attention to detail and making my late night arrival less stressful.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard West Palm Beach As a VALUED CUSTOMER, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. Your feed back will be shared with Gege
Simsbury, ct
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2015

I've come to expect a certain level of cleanliness and service from the Marriott brand. This was a rare disappointment. Check in was good, front desk staff very pleasant. Our room had foul odor that I can't describe here. Not sure if it was water damage or what the deal was, but it was bad. We came in late and stuck it out for the night, but asked for another room for the second night only to find it was just as bad if not worse. The hallways were not vacuumed. My teenage daughter was going through her things after showering with a towel on and staff came into the room without knocking. I told him once nicely to get out, once not so nicely to get out, and a third time I needed to yell and move towards him. Totally unacceptable. The bistro idea is great, but not if there's no one to staff it. 10am I can't even get a coffee? Super. At least leave coffee out for guests. They were polite about cancelling the rest of my stay, but I will not be returning to this particular property and will honestly think again about other properties... It's too bad because I always thought I could rely on any Marriott to meet a minimum standard.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 15, 2015
You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Kindly contact me at cy.pbich.gm@marriott.com so I can discuss further and better investigate this issue.
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

We stayed at this facility this past December 2014. I'm surprised to see other reviews describing rooms and halls as musty. I have a very sensitive nose, and everything smelled fresh and deodorized, but in a good way! Everything was clean and kept that way during our week there. We even had an opportunity to use the pool area which was very well kept. The location worked for us since it was close to I-95 and also CrackerBarrel! LOL!! I wasn't crazy about the reddish color on the walls, but that won't deter us from booking there again since we'll be back in that area in the next couple of months.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2015

Pro's: Relatively low cost for the area and convenient to 95. The courtyard was comfortable especially if you had a first floor room with access.

Cons: Strong musty odor in room. It would have been unacceptable but the sliding glass door opened and the weather was nice. There is not really any good restaurants within walking distance but you can find some if you don't mind driving a few miles.

The staff was friendly so if you get past the smell it's an okay place to flop for a night or two. But nothing really special. Conversely, it's not $250 to $400 like other hotels closer to town or attractions.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room on the courtyard
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 9, 2015
Thank You for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard West Palm Beach.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2015

Hotel is located just off I-95. Several chain restaurants local to the hotel. There is a "gentleman's club" and an extended stay hotel next to the hotel. Agree with other reviewers that there is a musty smell in the hotel halls and rooms. Housekeeping staff has apparently been told to use lots of deodorizer on the rugs etc. to hide the smell. It is a bit overpowering when you enter the rooms.

Room Tip: Open the windows and let the deodorizer smell vent.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

Stayed at the hotel on a weekend, and it was nice. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were nice and clean.

The only thing with the room was there was a strong smell when you walk in, like a damp smell, but once I open the window and let the breeze blow it out, it was just fine.

• Stayed December 2014
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, January 5, 2015

Been to Courtyard West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!