“Really substandard” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Simsbury, ct
“Really substandard”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've come to expect a certain level of cleanliness and service from the Marriott brand. This was a rare disappointment. Check in was good, front desk staff very pleasant. Our room had foul odor that I can't describe here. Not sure if it was water damage or what the deal was, but it was bad. We came in late and stuck it out for the night, but asked for another room for the second night only to find it was just as bad if not worse. The hallways were not vacuumed. My teenage daughter was going through her things after showering with a towel on and staff came into the room without knocking. I told him once nicely to get out, once not so nicely to get out, and a third time I needed to yell and move towards him. Totally unacceptable. The bistro idea is great, but not if there's no one to staff it. 10am I can't even get a coffee? Super. At least leave coffee out for guests. They were polite about cancelling the rest of my stay, but I will not be returning to this particular property and will honestly think again about other properties... It's too bad because I always thought I could rely on any Marriott to meet a minimum standard.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 1 week ago
You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Kindly contact me at cy.pbich.gm@marriott.com so I can discuss further and better investigate this issue.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at this facility this past December 2014. I'm surprised to see other reviews describing rooms and halls as musty. I have a very sensitive nose, and everything smelled fresh and deodorized, but in a good way! Everything was clean and kept that way during our week there. We even had an opportunity to use the pool area which was very well kept. The location worked for us since it was close to I-95 and also CrackerBarrel! LOL!! I wasn't crazy about the reddish color on the walls, but that won't deter us from booking there again since we'll be back in that area in the next couple of months.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pro's: Relatively low cost for the area and convenient to 95. The courtyard was comfortable especially if you had a first floor room with access.

Cons: Strong musty odor in room. It would have been unacceptable but the sliding glass door opened and the weather was nice. There is not really any good restaurants within walking distance but you can find some if you don't mind driving a few miles.

The staff was friendly so if you get past the smell it's an okay place to flop for a night or two. But nothing really special. Conversely, it's not $250 to $400 like other hotels closer to town or attractions.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room on the courtyard
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Courtyard West Palm Beach.
Birmingham, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Hotel is located just off I-95. Several chain restaurants local to the hotel. There is a "gentleman's club" and an extended stay hotel next to the hotel. Agree with other reviewers that there is a musty smell in the hotel halls and rooms. Housekeeping staff has apparently been told to use lots of deodorizer on the rugs etc. to hide the smell. It is a bit overpowering when you enter the rooms.

Room Tip: Open the windows and let the deodorizer smell vent.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at the hotel on a weekend, and it was nice. The staff was very helpful and the rooms were nice and clean.

The only thing with the room was there was a strong smell when you walk in, like a damp smell, but once I open the window and let the breeze blow it out, it was just fine.

• Stayed December 2014
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In spite of some good reviews, this place needs a real TLC. ThE rooms have a strong damp odor and I had to move to another one, since I couldn't tolerate the moldy and damp smell of the first one. The second room was a bit better but I had to keep the slide door open for the whole night to vent it.
Housekeeping is very poor here. The rooms have dirty doors with fingerprints all over and hair on the floor.
Front desk was ok. But I don't recommend this place to anyone who cares about clean rooms and good service.
Not to mention that's right behind a "gentleman" place.
And really, I travel for business a lot and stay in hotels 70% of the year. I was shocked to see a couple checking in without luggage and while waiting for the elevator, the forbidden screams coming out of the room they went in made me feel embarrassed. To be fair, I'm not trying to make any relation to what' going on there.
I would never check into this place again nor would bring my family over to this place.

Room Tip: Look fo a newer and better hotel away from this one
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
As a VALUED GUEST, we see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. We saw that you rated your overall experience 2 stars.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience, if you would love to discuss your areas of concerns further. Whenever you have a moment, feel free to contact me directly at the e-mail address below so that we can continue to improve our hotel operations
cy.pbich.gm@marriott.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel was amazing and our maids Shidae and Stephanie were beyond wonderful. They were first class and made us feel at home! They treated us like family!!! I will DEFINITELY stay again!!!!!! I wish more places had people like the ones I had

Stayed December 2014
677AndreaA, Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return

Been to Courtyard West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!