“Outstanding stay ” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in West Palm Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Outstanding stay ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's always the little things that make a big deal! I arrived at the hotel late at night after a long day of driving. I was warmly and professionally greeted by Fred at the front desk. As soon as I gave him my name handed me a personalized chocolate bar with a thank you note! Very nice touch and completely unexpected. The room was very comfortable, spacious and very quiet! Breakfast in the bistro was exceptional and the service was second to none. If you find yourself in the West Palm Beach Courtyard by Marriott! Enjoy your Hershey's bar!!!

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard West Palm Beach we look forward to your return

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff tries to help . The housekeepers are A1...tops. I am picky picky on that and only thing I could find was a cigarette butt on the patio which I did not use anyways. Love the Marriott especially when I am right now not there because I have my dog and had to go to Extended stay america right next door. If you want a bad experience go to that one

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.
Seattle, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

I was incredibly excited to stay at this property for my 5 day stay while in West Palm Beach. Everything I saw and read online about this property looked lovely. After a long day of travelling I waited about 5 minutes before anyone came to the desk to check me in, I was not greeted and there was no pleasantry's. I was not acknowledged as an elite Marriot rewards member either. My initial room smelled like smoke and there were people directly outside of the outside door smoking. Went to the front desk to switch rooms, which was accommodated, but no apologies for the smoked filled room. My second room was on the 3rd floor and the elevator was out of service. No one offered an apology for an offer to help carry my bags upstairs. The room was in okay shape, but the towel rack fell off every time you took off a towel. The housekeeper repaired the bar every day, but as soon as I touched the rack it would fall off again. The front desk staff was not friendly and was unable to help with the most basic of requests - no map of the area, no idea where the closest super market was, no lotion available from housekeeping. I primarily kept to myself and used the side entrance as there was no reason to use the lobby/front desk with such poor staffing. Great rate for the rooms, but I would not return or recommend to colleagues traveling to the area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard West Palm Beach.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for short falls of our team. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue.

Upholding my commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, We have emailed your personal email with how we have resolved this on your behalf.
Palm Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2014

First off the price was great. I think we paid around $89.00 after tax. When we pulled up I was surprised at how nice the area was and how nice the hotel itself was. The people at the counter were polite and helpful. Our room was ready when we got their. It was clean and decorated nicely. The room had a small fridge, a flat screen TV with HBO and a balcony overlooking the pool. We went swimming right after we got unpacked. We were the only one's in the pool and it was also very clean. Location wise, we were right near all kinds of shopping and fun things to do, like a water park, a Lion's zoo, mall's, Wal-mart's and all kinds of restaurants including "The Bistro" located in the lobby of the hotel. My wife and I had dinner that night at "The Bistro". The food was simple but excellent. The only bad thing I can remember was when we checked in, their was a bad egg like smell coming from outside of the hotel. It did go away after a couple hours and we could not smell it in our room. That smell was not a bad enough experience to effect the ratting of our experience at this hotel. I would recommend The Courtyards in West Palm without question.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard West Palm Beach we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2014

I stayed one night on business. The reception staff were very friendly and my 8:30pm check-in was flawlessly once somebody arrived at the front desk after about a 2-3 minute wait in the lobby. The lobby area and room appeared to have been recently renovated. Everything was reasonably clean. My weekday stay was a bargain at $77/night. My only complaint was the Bistro. I was starving when I checked in and glad to see that they were serving until 10:00pm. It took 45 minutes for a sandwich with one person in front of me who ordered a single flatbread. The server was friendly, but very slow.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our facility. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations at the Bistro. We see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback. As we strive to deliver a flawless guest experience and we look forward to meeting those expectation on your next visit
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014

I arrived late... After 12 hours of travel I entered the lobby and some lady was going on and on about her room not having a microwave and and fridge... apparently this lady had spoken to someone else and wanted Resha (front desk) to solve the problem. This went on for 5-10 min.. it seemed longer. Resha asked what she could do, the lady just kept complaining..As I was about to say something (thank God I didn't ) it finally ended. I was hoping my check in would not take long... well, it didn't . I pulled out my credit card, she smiled and pulled out a chocolate bar with my name on it... dimple, but I thought it was the coolest thing... she kept being sweet, gave me my keys and I proceeded to my spectacular room...WITH A LIVING ROOM, 2 TV'S, KING BED AND MICROWAVE AND FRIDGE :D

Room Tip: Junior suites have a fridge and microwave.
Green Features: I was amazed at how the front desk staff (Resha) handled an incident as I was arriving.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
We are delighted that you choose to stay with us at Courtyard West Palm Beach. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. And we are pleased Resha made your check in a pleasant one.
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

If I could leave a zero or negative rating, I would. We have been Marriott rewards members for years, stayed at Marriott brand hotels regularly and have never had such a terrible experience. The room, location and food was great but the front desk people were rude, argumentative and arrogant. We have never been treated with such disrespect and arrogance in all of travels. You can read our previous reviews and see we rarely, if ever, leave negative comments, but this experience was horrible. I plan to contact the corporate office to explain the front desk clerks' behavior and total contempt toward a paying customer.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the review and for staying with us. We take great strides to make sure our guest experience is relaxing and enjoyable. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as satisfactory as you have come to expect from the Marriott family of hotels and I have brought these issues to the attention of the staff, and will make sure that we are doing everything possible to correct these misgivings

Been to Courtyard West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!