“Convenient location, renovated lobby, friendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #16 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Hoschton, Georgia
“Convenient location, renovated lobby, friendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Courtyard is located fairly close to I-95, so getting to other parts of the West Palm area is convenient. They have renovated the lobby to include several seating areas, an office area with three computers and printers, and a bistro. The office area was functional, although there was absolutely no privacy since the computer screens faced the main lobby area. There was plenty of paper to refill the printers, and lots of pens, but no stapler. The bistro was nicely decorated and offered table service, but the prices were rather high for what is being provided. There is also a little "market" area to the right of the check-in desk, offering extremely overpriced items such as candy, toiletries and microwave meals.
The microwave was so filthy, I could not use it and asked the front desk staff if they had cleaning supplies. They tried to clean it, but ultimately a maintenance man took the whole thing away to be cleaned in private!
The room was nicely decorated, but the mattress was hard and cheap looking. I agree with some of the other reviewers on this point. The linen was cheap and the blankets thin, but I adjusted the thermostat to a more moderate temperature, which took care of that issue. There is a large flat screen television, and wifi in the room which worked just fine. There are, however, two tiers of wifi: the free service is only sufficient for checking email and going on Facebook, not for streaming Netflix or similar activities. For this you need to have the $4.95/day wifi. I thought this was worth the money, since I prefer to watch Netflix rather than watch television. However, at check-out I noticed that they had charged me $6.95/day. I brought this to their attention and the $2/day was refunded immediately. Sneaky, yes?
All told, this was a decent place to stay and served my needs well enough. Is it up to Marriott standards? Probably not. Could they improve on a few things? Absolutely! But I'd return if I was able to get the same price as I had through Hotwire.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I've stayed in many Courtyards before and never had an issue with one of them. This one is by-far the worst one I've stayed in. Yes it's got a new lobby, but no one actually stays in the lobby so why not invest some money in upgrading the dingy, outdated rooms in the hotel. My biggest complaints...the mattress was SO uncomfortable. No pillow top, no cushion on top of the mattress, just a simple $100 looking mattress with linens that looked like someone took down some old white drapes and put them on the bed. Linens were so sheer that you could see the mattress pad (which was about twice as thick as the sheet) below the top sheet. Horrible. Towels...well, I asked multiple times for extra towels but there must have been a shortage of them so I got what I got. the kicker is that one night I asked my girlfriend if she smelled weed in the room. She said yes. We came back to the hotel the following day to find the maid service taking care of the room (at 4pm mind you) and after the woman left, the whole room smelled like weed! Thanks for getting high in our room so we have to deal with the smell! I suggest you pass on this hotel and look for another. It's not worth the overpriced rate for something that does not meet up to the standards of other Courtyards. My suggestion is to look elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
677AndreaA, Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
The facility has been renovated both in the guest rooms and lobby. We have since rolled out a new bedding program which is inclusive of new oversize pillows for our guest comfort. Please see our newly updated web page with photos of the facility
Youngstown, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Internet is not great at all, lobby computers are terrible, little or no internet on them... Gym small and not regullarly cleaned.. Staff friendly yet not up to mattiott standards, all new is the best I can say, and no more free coffee in lobby... Marriott want you to buy all starbucks..yuck... I liked the coffee in lobby...

• Stayed January 2013
We appreciate the feed back and we are happy to inform that since January 2013 we have relocated our fitness center and added 2 brand new equipment. Our new fitness area has more space and has a great view of our wonderful courtyard. Along with all the needed renovations we are now happy to have Starbucks available in our Bistro 24hrs for our guest convince
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I called to check reservations and pricing, this is family medical emergency trip and needed to coordinate with other member of my family. I stated what I needed and was told that this is the best for the price, I said that I have to call back to check with my sister and the customer service was very rude and I quote "Don't call us back". with this kind of customer service, I'm surprised that they are still in business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
I was disappointed to hear of the challenges you experienced with trying to make a reservation. I am not sure if you contacted the hotel directly or our 1-800 reservation line. In any case you should not have experience such service so I do apologize on behalf my organization. And I hope you will continue to consider Marriott Hotels and Resorts for accommodations on your future trips. Should you be visiting the WPB area please reach out and I would be delighted to take care of your needs- 561 640 9000
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

rooms nice since renovations finished,restaurant that serves starbucks,business center,laundry services.Right off interstate 95,halfway between palm beach and airport.20 minutes to the Acreage.Rooms were soundproof,with darkening shades.They have a small items shop.This place is everything I need for business in the area.Much nicer than average hotel I stayed last year.

Room Tip: breakfast and dinner busy.You can get dunkin donuts and taco bell down the street,if you don't...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Millville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through from Miami to PBI. This hotel is very well kept and clean. The Hotel offers free printing of directions to any restaurant or activity in area. We were able to print our boarding passes with no problems. They offer a heated pool that is really heated... we were able to relax in the pool until around midnight and had a great nights sleep before flying out the next day! The staff were very friendly and helpful, so much so that when my daughter left her kindle in the room and didn't realize it until we were ready to board our flight home... I quickly called the hotel and they were able to locate it with no problem and offered to ship it home via Fed Ex!!! If we ever visit this area again we will not hesitate to stay again!!! I would recommend this hotel with no hesitation!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms have a great balcony with a view of the courtyard and pool!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Not the best, not the worst as always it is fresh and clean. The rooms adequate and the bed very comfortable. Check in and out quick and easy. Had a few drinks in the bar didn't eat here as we were in and out late and early.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
677AndreaA, General Manager at Courtyard West Palm Beach, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
We would like to thank you for your comment, happy that your needs were meet. Having a clean fresh hotel is what we strive for here at the Courtyard and we are always happy when we can create a home away from home for our guest.

Been to Courtyard West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!