“Adequate for rate while being renovated” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Great Florida Savings!
Ranked #16 of 33 hotels in West Palm Beach
Tampa, Florida
“Adequate for rate while being renovated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

The old style Courtyard was being renovated while we stayed there recently, with the lobby and breakfast area in temporary quarters. The front desk staff was very nice and accommodating and room was nice large King bed room. Surprisingly, the room was very quiet, bed was a bit strange as the edges sloped a lot and it was easy to fall off if not careful. We were only there one night, as it was due to a flight out the next morning. There was limited parking, we were concerned about it due to a large motorcycle rally with booths and music that was going on at the Harley Davidson dealer around the corner and a lot of the bikes were parked near the entrances and on the grass by the hotel. Noise level outside was not an issue inside the room though.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

91 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Don't stay here unless you want to smell garbage all night. I asked the staff what the smell that was keeping me up was & they said they would check it out & let me know. They did NOT call me back. It wasn't until I called them a 3rd time at the front desk that they said the hotel was near a dump site & it was just the air outside. I asked for an air purifier or a fan and NOPE, they didn't have any. So now I'm nauseous and can't sleep. Clean hotel but 0 help. If they're near a dump site they need better air purification or something. Worst night ever especially after being in the dolphins cycling challenge all day!

• Stayed November 2012
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is currently being renovated and hence they charge only $79 per night. Despite the ongoing renovations there were no significant impact in terms of noise levels of any form of discomfort. The breakfast for $10 was served by very friendly and helpful staff. Certainly recommend this as an excellent value for money 3* hotel stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

While this Courtyard was by no means the worst of the worst, it was also no where near what I've come to expect from the brand. The hotel officailly began it's construction on the lobby when I checked in, so atleast there is something to look forward to. Overall, the courtyard and pool itself were clean. My king size bed room was OK- big flat screen TV, and the room looked clean. My big issue (which has never happened before to me) was bugs. A couple of small black and white shelled little bugs made their way into my room. One on the shower curtain, two on my pillow...and a dead one underneath my sheet on the mattress. After the third time seeing one (at approximately 1AM when I was about to go to bed), I brought it in a tissue to the main desk, and he simply just looked uninterested and told the overnight maintence man to look into it. I got new sheets...but there wasn't much else he could have done. The hotel may be spotless, but the bugs ruined it, regardless of it being South Florida. Luckily, I stood mostly for free due to my points, however I will not be staying here in the future, as I travel often to West Palm Beach. There are better overall choices.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We booked a room at this Courtyard by using Priceline. I cannot believe that this hotel is a 3 star hotel! The floors were grimey and it seemed unclean. We were located in a first floor room with a balcony that connects to the pool. Traveling with two small children it is nice to be on a bottom floor. But the pool was open until 11pm so we heard constant squealing and noise from kids running through the hallways. After returning home we saw that we were charged two times for the room- once through our Priceline purchase and once through the hotel. Next time I will pay more and make a reservation somewhere else.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the pool and interstate
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Orleans, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to I95. I felt I got a great rate that included breakfast from www.room77.com. They were accomidating holding my reservation well past the 6:00 cancellation time when I phoned to say I,d be much later. Nicole was at the desk very patient and efficient and offered me location options. The room thou was a dissappointment. This is an old motel. You can hear hallway and bathroom noises.Towels are small & thin &definately no luxury bath items here. The breakfast was fantastic,they aim to please even thou it is a buffet,eggs are cooked to order,various toppings for make your own waffles,nuts,fruits,brown sugar options for real cooked Oatmeal. variety of cold cereals,breads muffins bagels,real butter,cheese for eggs,great hash browns,bacon,sausage. I doubt you could find a better value on breakfast all you can eat for 10.95.Wonderful serving staff.

Room Tip: Go to upper floor to avid noise
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

I had to do a last minute trip to West Palm Beach for business. I usually stick to a few hotel brands when I am traveling. However, since its for business and I am restricted on how much to spend, I went to Priceline.com and got a deal on this hotel for $65 + tax = $80.20. Usually, I believe the hotel was going for aobut $110 when I searched prior to Priceline. I arrived at the hotel after 10:30pm and was greeted by the friendly desk staff. Knowing the quality of several courtyard hotels I stayed out, I was a little disappointed by the room. There were stains on the window curtains and the bed seemed very low and beat up. The room seemed a little dated and lighting dark (which probably hid many blemishes). They do not offer free breakfast, and I thought it was a lot for the selection. For one night stay and the price (in comparison to the area), the hotel was adequate. I would not have wanted to stay any longer the night.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard West Palm Beach? Share your experiences!