“The animals are all amazing, the people there really love them and take amazing care of them” 5 of 5 stars
Review of McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary

McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary
12943 61st Street North, West Palm Beach, FL 33412
+1 561-790-2116
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Reservations required!!! Seven lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the palmetto and pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 200 animals from White Tigers to African Lions, Black Leopards, Ligers, Lynx and Panthers seen from just four feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, kinkajous, alligators, snakes, and well who knows what else. You will have to come by and experience it for your self! We are a 501 (c) 3 non-profit wildlife rescue facility that take in injured native wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause. Help us by staying number one on the West Palm Beach Trip Advisor site by booking a tour today! Price is $35.00 dollars for adults and $25.00 dollars for children. Reservations required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Navarre, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had the best time at the sanctuary! Our guide Kara was very knowledgeable, she showed a lot of love and affection towards the animals. This place was amazing, I recommend it to anyone who has a love and compassion for all animals.

3 attraction reviews
“Quite good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Maybe too up close and personal, but all in all a great surprise! I'm a bit of a chicken, so the cats seemed too close for me, but the family loved it!

Visited April 2013
Kennesaw
“Ashlyn was a fantastic guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited on 1/4/14. Ashlyn was out guide, she was so knowledgeable and enthusiastic. The tour lasted one hour and fourty five minutes. We so a diversity of animal and a fantastic snake house. My favorite was the lion but the tigers were magnificent. We both had a great time and will bring our grandchildren in the near future. Definitely a five star experience.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
“The Sanctuary and the Guide Ashlyn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

It was wonderful, and sad. Sad because some of these magnificent animals will be gone in the near future. I loved seeing the tigers and lions so up close. Our guide, Ashlyn, was great! Her love of animals showed. She was enthusiastic and was very knowledgeable.

I would highly recommend this trip for anyone who loves animals and wants to see some great animals up close and personal. They do have a restriction, (as they should) for children under five. Check out their web-site before you go.

A GPS is a must, as the location is not easy to find. I was grateful that we had one, which got us there easily.

PALM BEACH GARDENS
16 attraction reviews
“Better Than Any Zoo I've Been To.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I've been to many zoo's, including the Bronx Zoo, and the National Zoo in Washington DC. Not one of them has the intimacy and up close viewing of some amazing creatures. McCarthy's is really not a zoo, but a sanctuary for animals, and is not nearly as large as a public 'zoo.' All visitors are assigned a group with a guide, and you must not stray from the group. The tour lasts for near two hours. The guide we had was very well versed in the sanctuary's history, mission, and very close to the birds and animals here. You get up very close and personal with lions tigers, lynx's, giant tortoises, and some amazing birds, and snakes. Guests are able to have birds perch on their hand, hold smaller animals, and most amazingly have one of the the huge snakes, in the reptile house, placed on your shoulders.. The place is spotless and, a great experience for young and old.