“Informative and loads of fun...” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: RSVP required!!!Five lush acres of endangered wildlife surrounded by a botanical garden situated in the pine forest of West Palm Beach! Over 170 animals from White Tigers to African Black Mane Lions seen from just three feet away you can't get any closer than this by law! Hands on experiences with parrots, snakes, and well who knows what else you will have to come by and experience it for yourself! We are a non-profit wildlife rescue facility and take in injured wildlife, orphaned babies, and unwanted exotic pets! Your experience here goes hand in hand with helping us with the tremendous expense in this cause help us reach number one on trip advisor by booking a tour today! Price is 25 dollars for adults 15 dollars for children reservations required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Delray Beach, Florida
“Informative and loads of fun...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my second trip today. I continue to be impressed by the knowledge and friendliness of the staff. The animals are amazing and I do not know any where else you can get so close. I cannot believe the cleanliness of the entire gounds and you can literally see the contentment in the eyes of the animals. They really like home. I highly recommend this outing.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Our journey to See the Animals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We really didn't know what to expect when we arrived, but this wildlife sanctuary was phenomenal! We were delighted to see so many diverse animals. I had no idea that there is an animal that's a cross between a lion and a tiger-"liger". It's clear that the employees truly love taking care of the animals. The grounds are very clean and dedicated to meeting the needs of each species of animal. I'd recommend this trip to everyone and I'll be bringing all my guests to the Sanctuary!

Boynton Beach, Florida
“Great, Unique Experience.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a small facility with a great collection of animals. The focus is on big cats, but there's more to McCarthy's than that. Nice, well kept facilities, the guide was personable and fun, the animals looked healthy and well adjusted (as far as any captive animals go anyway). The highlight, without question, is the option to be able to meet and play with a baby lion cub. Previously tiger cubs have been available as well. It's an added fee, and something that requires both reservations and cats young enough where they pose no danger to the public, so timing is everything in having this bucket-list type of opportunity. Call ahead and see if there is an opening now or in the future based on any breeding that's taking place. It was an INCREDIBLE experience, and if you love animals/wildlife, this is a once and a lifetime chance to do something really cool.

Visited October 2012
Green Bay
6 attraction reviews
“Fun family afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Make your reservations ahead. The family loved hearing the stories on how the animals came to stay here. Staff were great and knowledgable.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
“Best Animal Encounter/Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

McCarthy's Animal Sanctuary is the most amazing animal attraction that I have been to. I am an animal lover and have been to countless zoos and have paid for many animal encounters, including giraffe feedings and beluga encounters. But McCarthy's was by far the best.

It consists of a very personal tour with about 10 guests per tour. The tour is led by a keeper who knows each animal individually, and provides in-depth information about each of them. The animals also know the keepers very well and come over the the side of the enclosure to show the guests their personalities. These are rare and exotic animals (many big cats), which in zoos, you only see from afar. But this tour allows you to see them up close and personal, and you get to see a different side of them. They're active and personable. Also, on the tour, I was able to hold a parrot and a kinkajou and pet many reptiles, all of which were pleasant surprises. I don't know of any other place where you can do these things.

I also paid an extra $20 to spend 20 minutes with two lemurs. This was just a remarkable experience. I got to be in a room with two lemurs and play with them while they jumped all over me. It was the best animal encounter I have ever had, and it was a great price, especially when you consider that the money goes to support the sanctuary.

I would absolutely recommend McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary as the best attraction I've been to in Florida. I loved it and I can't wait to go back. I recommending Kelly as a tour great. She's awesome.