“Very Decent Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Palm Bay, Florida
“Very Decent Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Five of us had lunch at Bess;s Place today. We were warmly greeted by a friendly server. The atmosphere is kind of "down home' and comfortable. We got our drinks very quickly. We found the menu to be of an OK size and pretty diverse. There is something there for everyone and they have daily specials. Our orders were taken and the wait for the food was reasonable. It was fresh, hot and cooked to order. It was not crowded so I don't know what it would have been like if there were a lot of people. Everyone liked their food. I would categorize it as very good but not special, but did not expect more. The lunch specials come with a drink and a choice of potato or coleslaw. Two of us had wraps, one had a hamburger, and had chicken fried steak and one had quesadillas. There were no complaints. The fries were great, the wraps good and I tasted a hamburger and it was very good. It was extremely good value for the money.

• Visited August 2014

Melbourne, Florida
“Very well kept and customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Only has been open a few months and thankfully still very casual. Great atmosphere and awesome customer service. This is a hidden gem! Promise not to turn into one of those run of the mill places.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Melbourne, Florida
“Save your dough and dine here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

SERVER: Danny / Table
MENU/FARE: American / Burgers / Chicken / Seafood / Ribs

BAR: Full

PRICING: Reasonably Inexpensive

LOCATION: Melbourne (Dairy Road of New Haven)

THE GOOD: NO WAIT!

THE BAD: Ambience (not very busy) / no wine or beer menu

THE BETTER: Price
WHAT WAS ORDERED:
Amaretto on the rocks / Captain and Diet / Cheeseburger / Grilled Mahi

DRESS FOR THE OCCASION: Casual not Grubby
THE BLAB: NEW RESUARANT! Bess’s Place is a free standing, casual place that just opened a few months ago. Located on a quiet main road (Dairy) you will notice Bess’s Place looks very inviting from the outside. Congratulations and good luck to the owners on this new venture. You’ll enjoy the greeting at the door and the cleanliness of the house, albeit a bit dark. Bathrooms are very clean. Portions were good size. Prices are very sensible. Food prep is excellent. Flexibility on selection is adequate. FULL bar.
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: 1st time here…we (Wife and I) arrived cautiously due to there were only 3 to 4 cars on a Saturday nite (prime time). When we walked in, we were greeted yet seated in the back of the room by ourselves…it felt a little strange…but I digress….We were quickly welcomed by Danny who was like the energizer bunny and very attentive. I told him we were first timers and what is Bess’s know for? At this time we did not know it was a BRAND NEW house! He said they were featuring ribs and the burgers and Mahi are house favorites. My wife ordered her cheeseburger with extra, Extra, EXTRA sliced raw onions I did the Mahi. We had our drink within a minute. Danny also brought a nice small warm loaf of a lightly sweet bread….my wife liked it…I’m a celiac…gotta stay away . Our entrée was served promptly and both were decent size and flavorful. The food and Danny made the experience joyful…but the best was yet to come…..the bill! We had 3 drinks, bread, cheeseburger & Fries, grilled blackened Mahi w/ 2 sides…TOTAL? $31.32! Excellent!

WHAT SHOULD YOU ORDER?:
Keep it simple and American!
WHY SHOULD YOU GO HERE? The low price with good value portions, I would highly recommend Bess place….Support your local establishments…they are your neighbors! The chain restaurants will do fine without your support…visit Bess’ Place Today!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Very good American food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We've been there twice, liked it both times. Very good American food, hamburgers, salads, steaks, and seafood. Prices are quite reasonable and the service is good. The have a karaoke night on Tuesdays and a music on the weekends if you're looking for more than just food. Recommended.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
University Park, Pennsylvania, United States
“Excellent Quality Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have dined here several times and the food never ceases to amaze me. The NY Strip is excellent, the prime rib, even the chicken wings are bigger and better flavored than Pizza Hut. I even like their veggie bean burger. There are many restaurants out there with sub par overly seasoned food. This place uses high quality ingredients that really stand out from the crowd. This is one of my favorite restaurants in town! Also, the outdoor patio is a beautiful space, and they have nightly specials.

• Visited May 2014