“Great tennis and great people. Everyone is committed to treating guests right.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Harry Hopman/Saddlebrook International Tennis

Type: Educational Sites, Sports
Activities: Tennis
Buena Vista, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My 13 year old son visited Saddlebrook for a 5 day tennis training camp. He did not stay on-site overnight. He received excellent coaching, tips and training while there. He was treated with respect and never fussed-at for making mistakes. He was encouraged and pushed every step of the way. We hope he will be back. It was a wonderful experience and we had a good time. Everyone was considerate of us; from the moment we drove through the gate and spoke to the guard to asking for directions at valet parking, in the tennis center, by the pool, on the courts, you name it, the Saddlebrook employees know how to treat people right. Sam Stosur was there to practice and I got a little star-struck. Many top players train at Saddlebrook. That alone says a lot!

Fredericksburg, TX
“Fabulous Adult Tennis Camp”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2009

I took my wife to Saddlebrook for her 40th birthday for 4 days of intense tennis training at the end of November 2008. She's a 4.5 and I'm a 4.0, so we are both solid players. We rented a one bedroom suite for excellent value. The Southwest flights to Tampa were easy and the ride from the Tampa airport to the resort took 40 minutes.

The place is fabulous get-a-way for adults who like to play tennis. We signed up for 3 full days and a half day on our last day. We were definitely sore upon leaving, but it would have been a lot worse if it were not for the excellent Spa that Saddlebrook has on the premises. Massages, hot tubs, steam baths, and other treatments are a short walk from where we stayed. We took advantage of this every afternoon after tennis.

The restaurants are first class. We ate breakfast at the main dining room every morning with fresh fruit, pastries and just about any type of breakfast you could want. We had lunch at the pool side restaurant, which served excellent salads. Every night we dined at TJ's steak house where I had one of the best steaks I've eaten in some time (and I'm from Texas), and an impressive wine list. My wife, who does not eat big dinners, loved the Tapas bar. The service was top notch for all the restaurants. The only draw back was the price (although the value is good).

I cannot say enough about the tennis instruction. Howard Moore, the director, ran a great program and was present every morning at 7:30AM to warm us up (a sign of a good leader). Nola, the senior instructor and event coordinator, was not only an effective organizer, but a top notch instructor and tennis player. We had a series of other instructors (Sean from New Jersey, Mark from Pittsburgh) who were excellent instructors and players. Larry did the video instruction, and you can tell he's accomplished at finding swing improvements using this tool. It was a great learning experience that made both us us better players (and more excited to continue to improve our game).

Saddlebrook also has a world class golf course. I snuck away after tennis one day to take a video golf lesson from one of the teaching pros. It was hard to look at the course for 4 days and not go out and play it.

We are going back to Saddlebrook in 2009, but this time with our three young children (12, 9 and 5). All 3 are at different tennis levels (obviously), but Saddlebrook has the ability to put together instruction programs for all levels. I'm sure we'll play golf too. My wife and I did not use the pool much, but I'm sure my children will log many hours in it.

You cannot go wrong with Saddlebrook. In the end, we found it an excellent value, superb tennis instruction, friendly and helpful staff, and a nice place to get away and recharge.