“Nice Spot For Breakfast.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 137 Restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: American
Wellington, Florida
“Nice Spot For Breakfast.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stopped in Short Stacks for breakfast on a Sunday morning. We walked in right before the rush had started and were quickly seated. The woman greeting was very friendly, but our server seemed a little rattled and preoccupied. However it was busy. My wife went with the standard 2 scrabbled eggs, bacon, hash brown casserole and toast. I did like the name of the restaurant said and ordered the short stack with blueberries. The casserole and bacon were very tasty. My pancakes were a bit on the dry side. The food came out quick, but it took a little while to get our check. We were also seated in a booth at the front of the restaurant so when people came in and waited to be seated they kind of hovered over and around our table. I understand there's not much that can be done about it, but it was annoying.

West Palm Beach, Florida
“Luke warm service and ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Went with a friend for lunch today. It was a slow day and the one or two servers working seemed unpleased to be there. The food arrived promptly after ordering. The eggs on my benedict were over poached but the hollandaise sauce made up for the error. My friends french toast was yummy, but nothing to write home about. The server checked on us once then dropped the check. That was the last we saw of her. She never walked by again to see if we needed drink refills or a to go box. She failed to mention that we needed to pay at the front. We even waited an extended time to pay as the cashier finished a conversation with a guest picking up a to go order. I guess my screaming toddler was not an indicator to her that I was more then ready to pay and leave. I will likely not return.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great service. Great Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I have been here several times. The food presentation is terrific and the portions are huge. The quality of the food is excellent as well. Everyone always has a smile on their face.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“"Comin In"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for breakfast at this little local spot in the "Publix strip. The food was average. I had an omelette which was a bit dry. I ordered it with two cheese options but they were skimpy on that. Kids had pancakes which were non memorable. The worst part was the kitchen door. Every time a server enters they yell "comin in". The place is small so if you don't sit by the very front you will be hearing this non stop. They need to put a window in the door.

• Visited June 2013
Florida
“Nice turkey burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice little neighborhood joint where the speed of the friendly service doesn't really matter. Surprisingly tasty turkey burger served with a piping hot side of homemade chips. My guest had a salad and was satisfied. No particular wows, just seems like a nice little place to dine with a health-centric page on the menu.

• Visited June 2013