“Bad Attitude, Bad Food” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 132 restaurants in Wellington
Cuisines: American
“Bad Attitude, Bad Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The manager and the owner of this Wellington Cheddar's both have an extremely poor attitude when it comes to handling problems with their customers. I had the misfourtune, along with many, many other customers to arrive on a busy Sunday night during the season and not be able to find a parking spot. So I, along with many others, parked in the ajoining lot next door. After a lengthy wait for a table, and my food, I left the restaurant to find my car had been towed. When I went back in the restaurant to inquire about the situation, the manager told me, "Yes, they have been towing cars all night long!" (Of course, if the hostess had warned patrons as we arrived, we would have had to have gone somewhere else to eat, so they remained silent.) He pointed to a small sign on the door he had posted. Of course, it was blocked by the many people standing in front of it earlier. When I asked if he felt he had a responsibility to his customers, he said he would "try and help me" and gave me his card. When I returned the next day asking who I could call at Cheddar's for help, the GM Richard finally gave me the name of the owner to speak to after an unpleasant exchange of words, with him telling me that I should go ask Obama for the money. Not sure what that was supposed to mean? When I spoke to the owner, he told me he didn't care about all of the customers who lost $154.00 each, that was our problem for not reading the signs, which I told him had not been there on previous visits, and also he said he didn't care about bad word of mouth, he would keep on doing well no matter what. He also said it wasn't his problem, it was the city of Wellingtons. I told him as the owner, he should try and put forth some good will towards those who only came to give his restaurant business, and he said it wasn't his problem. By the way, the food wasn't that great either. The meat was barely visable in the meat dish I ordered, mostly mashed potatoes, and they had to re-do my grandson's burger, put cheese on it, when I asked for it plain, also they were not cooked properly, had to send them back. So rare, you could see blood. I think this could be dangerous, especially with all of the e-coli issues. I won't be returning to Cheddar's, there are too many other choices in Wellington.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

45% Recommend
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Reasonable Prices = Very Crowded!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had heard good things about Cheddar's so we decided to meet friends here for dinner. We wanted a calm experience so we decided to meet at a time that we thought would be pre-dinner rush - 4:45 on a Sunday night. We were shocked that there was a 15 minute wait. We were there so we waited. Once seated we took a look at the drink menu and food menu and understood the crowd! The prices for everything are amazingly reasonable so, that is a big draw in this section of Palm Beach county.
Our expereince was ok. Food was decent. Portions are large. Prices are very reasonable. We felt like we were seated in the kids section but realized that the whole place feels like a kid section. Our server was a tad hyper and overly talkative which was annoying. All in all he did a decent job. We were all shocked, in a good way, by the check. We looked it over twice to make sure it was correct. Four adults, all ordering an entree we were out the door including tip for $50 ( we did not order drinks other than 2 ice teas)!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
west palm beach fl.
“No Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Went last month at noon on a Sunday and were greeted and seated right away. So far so good.That was the end of the service, as we sat there for 20 minutes with no waitress or menues. We finally got up and walked out. We saw the Manager on the way out and told him how long we sat without service and he just asked us where were we sitting. No apologies or attempt to keep us from leaving. We went across the street and had a pizza at Anthonys Coal Fire. When we got home I e-mailed Cheddars from there main websight and never got a response. I guess not caring starts at the top.

• Visited January 2013
West Palm Beach
“Your typical "piles of mediocre food" restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

The service here was excellent. The food is typical, mediocre food with a huge portion size. It's not bad, there's just not much to differentiate it from the half-dozen other chain restaurants that sit in this niche. Essentially, if you think Cheesecake Factory is really good, you will probably like this place. It's worth noting that their liquor was generously poured - and again, the service was possibly the best I've had in a long while.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Worth, Florida
“Good food and good value in a nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our food & cocktails in the very nice new decor. The prices are moderate even for alcohol, which is unusual today. Our server was new and not very good, that was our only complaint.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere