“authentic swiss french cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Swiss
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ocean City, Maryland
“authentic swiss french cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had 2 delicious meals at this restaurant in February. We used to ski frequently in Switzerland, and acquired a taste for Swiss cuisine. The first time we ate at Melody, we were prompted to do so after having read an article praising the restaurant in the local paper. It definitely lived up to the hype, food wise. The atmosphere is relaxing, but nothing to brag about. It does remind me of some of the restaurants in Switzerland, though. On our second visit, we were with 4 other people, two of whom have lived in Vero Beach for years, and since they frequently eat out, they know which restaurants are the best ones. They chose the Melody Inn as one of their favorites.
I had veal both times, and highly recommend any of the 4 veal dishes. The spaetzle is especially delicious. My friend loves the pickled beets. On Tuesdays the wines are half priced, and my glass of Kendall Jackson Merlot was only $4.50. What a buy! The entrees are very fairly priced for the quality of the food.
The location is VERY hard to find. The restaurant is hidden in a building with the name of the building on the outside. Even though we knew the address, we couldn't find the restaurant until we searched and searched. I suggest you ask for explicit directions when making your reservation.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Atlanta
“Wonderful surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My brother took us here for dinner and what a surprise. I have lived in the Alps and have always fondly remembered the food. I treated myself to the Raclette appetizer, onion soup and Schnitzel. All that was missing was the yodeling. It felt like comfort food and was delicious. The wine selection was good.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kuwait city
“A Very Nice Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I had a lovely meal at Melody Inn. The restaurant offers a fixed menu choice which included a very nice wine. I think the restaurant has a true connoisseur buying the wines. It has a huge seating capacity, but the front of the restaurant is quite pleasant and cozy.
Melody Inn can be a bit hard to find. We had a bit of trouble finding it, so an employee came outside and watched for us to make sure we could get there. Typical of the great service you will receive at this restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“Simply wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I have been wanting to get to this restaurant for some time now, were just sorry that we waited so long. The Melody Inn did not disappoint; the staff was friendly and helpful, the menu had lots of variety that appeals to just about everyone and most importantly, everything was really wonderfully prepared and presented and we really truly enjoyed it. I ordered the Filet Mignon, and she the Flounder- we ended up trying each others plate about 1/2 way thru and concluded that each meal was excellent in it's own regard. We especially enjoyed the appetizer, which was lobster stuffed mushrooms complete with a cheese filling- which was 5-star excellent. The menu is priced "fair" for the quantity and quality of the meals prepared, but feel that this is not your everyday work week kind of destination. This was a special occassion for us, so we indulged a bit. The decor is tasteful and quaint, it's perfect for couples, or even a small dinner party- it is reminescant of a quiet European cafe. Overall, a great destination, and worthy of the highest accolades.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“If it were billed as Austrian home cooking and priced as such, rather than as fine dining--no complaints.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

While the interior is lovely we were greeted not by the aroma of fine food but by a slightly unpleasant odor, perhaps that of a strong cleaning agent. The menu was nicely varied and included several nice entree choices. The "summer menu", read early bird--available only from 5-6:00 PM--was priced at $23.95. It included entree, two sides, wine, dessert and coffee. However, though the food was well prepared all of our dishes, both entrees, all sides and the dessert were items we felt we could have ordered at big city restaurants for 30-40% less. My wife had pork loin Cordon Bleu with red cabbage and beet salad. We had something similar in a polish restaurant--also very good, for about $12. I had pork tenderloin medallions in mushroom sauce, again very good but no better or more unique than I've had at any number of pleasant neighborhood restaurants; my sides, roasted tomato stuffed with spinach and "rösti" potato were nothing really special. This exotically named potato dish was a glorified, slightly more delicate version of hashed brown potatoes. The chocolate sauce on our ice cream desert was somewhat special but the vanilla ice cream itself was not as good as several brands that might be purchased in your local grocery store. The coffee was good but not remarkable while the wines, a Pinot grigio and a Chilean red were both better forgotten and served in undersized wine glasses--not good enough that we wanted to finish either of them. Though sadly disappointed by the food the saving grace was our pleasant server.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere