“Not even value for money at $55.00” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Not even value for money at $55.00”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here in Sept 13 and it was the worst hotel of our US vacation. The room stank and we had to spray deodorant into the air-con to try and mask the stench. Breakfast is basic, although plentiful. At least the bedding was clean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Pearland, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stayed at this facility twice in the past 30 days and found it very clean, quiet and the breakfast adequate. What I didn't like was that they didn't have a computer for use by guests in the lobby. The first time I stayed there, I had forgotton my lap top and had to go to the public library to get use of a computer. The second time, I brought my lap top and the wi-fi in the hotel was fine. This place is nothing special but very clean and set back from the road so its quiet. I would stay there again if on business.

Room Tip: Right on US 1 so get a room away from it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Fortescue, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We had spent time at the hotel over the years because we liked it's location, but doubt if we will again. We reserved a non-smoking room, but that's not what we got. When we opened the door of the "non-smoking room", I knew someone had been smoking in the room. The bedspread had burn spots. We tried to air out the room with no success. We cut our visit short and moved on. It's an older 2 floor hotel with no elevator, and it's showing it's years. High carb breakfast is available, danish, cereal, toast, waffles, etc., only protein offered hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Value for the price. We travel on a budget, so we look for a clean room and friendly staff. We found both here. Yes it is an older location, but the room we were in appeared to be recently updated. The only complaint I had about the room was the bedspread. It was older with burn marks on it. The sheets and blanket we clean. When I mentioned the beddsprread to the desk clerk they said they were aware and apologized and said new ones were on the way. it wasn't a cleanliness issue, just gave a bad impression to an otherwise clean room.
We stayed three days. The first night I mentioned a security light near our room was out, and the next evening I saw that it had been replaced.
Breakfast was basic, but fresh.
Reading some of the other reviews make me wonder if I am not looking at the whole picture, but all I can judge them on is our visit, and it was fine.
Yes it is an older location, on the old main strip (US 1), but it sits right behind a very nice Chili's restaurant, with Outback and Bono's right up the street, It's not a five star hotel, but that is not what you are paying for either.
Clean room. nice staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was the closest place to my Grandma that I came from SC to see and in the chain I work for so I was able to get a discount but $55 was too much for these rooms. First room we went to had hair and dirt in both beds, looked like someone had been laying on the beds and smelled, then 2nd room the sheets were clean but the comforters were stained and had cigarette burns on both comforters and we had to use baby wipes to clean the furniture before touching it. The environment of the room and even the lobby makes you feel dirty. Good thing I brought my sandals because there was no way I was walking around barefoot. I wouldn't stay here if it was free.

• Stayed January 2013
Boskoop, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was not too bad for the price and we slept OK. There is a microwave and a coffee maker. It was very close to a very nice supermarket and other facilities, so if you're there just for a night, it serves its purpose and Vero Beach is a very nice beach town.
BUT: at about 23hrs we were called by a guy who introduced himself as the frontdesk. When we asked why he was calling, he dropped the call. I called the front desk to ask if it was really them and it turned out that they connected an external call to our room and the caller pretended he was the receptionist. In the morning another guest complained to the frontdesk that he was also bothered by a caller introducing himself as the reception who asked him for his credit card number.It didn't seem that the lady at the front desk was hugely impressed.
The real surprise was still to come: a guest who was marginally late to breakfast got into a loud discussion with the cleaner who basically locked the food just in front of him. From both sides we could hear an exchange that included shouting and insults. I didn't know that Americans were so volatile. That situation could have been easily avoided if people had showed a bit of kindness and good will.
This place is poorly managed, staff seems rather helpless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here in May. Looked ok on checkin and the room was quite large and comfortable, but noticed that the phone did not work and asked for a replacement. When we returned later, nothing had been done. It turned into a real project and the one we recieved eventually looked like a reject. Asked for extra towels. was told "maybe, if there were some in an unoccupied room as there were not enough for all rooms"!? I was also told by the night clerk that the owners would not spend more than the bare minimum on upkeep. That night we noticed that over half of the outside lighting on the building and parking lot was off leaving large sections of the property in the dark. This seemed somewhat dangerous to us. The next morning I was up early but when my went for breakfast about 1/2 hour before the stated end, it was mostly broken down and the attendant was very rude about providing anything not still out. At the pool, there was 1 broken lounge chair and a few upright chairs. When asked, the desk clerk said that "they had bought some a few years ago but they were all gone now". DUH! When my wife returned to the room she noticed that the room was cleaned but the door had been left ajar! Not good!
All in all it is quite obvious that the owners just want to take all the profit and spend nothing on upkeep or staffing. That attitude is why the reviews here are so bad.

Room Tip: You can't
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!