“NEVER AGAIN!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
“NEVER AGAIN!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

This was the closest place to my Grandma that I came from SC to see and in the chain I work for so I was able to get a discount but $55 was too much for these rooms. First room we went to had hair and dirt in both beds, looked like someone had been laying on the beds and smelled, then 2nd room the sheets were clean but the comforters were stained and had cigarette burns on both comforters and we had to use baby wipes to clean the furniture before touching it. The environment of the room and even the lobby makes you feel dirty. Good thing I brought my sandals because there was no way I was walking around barefoot. I wouldn't stay here if it was free.

• Stayed January 2013

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Boskoop, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

The room was not too bad for the price and we slept OK. There is a microwave and a coffee maker. It was very close to a very nice supermarket and other facilities, so if you're there just for a night, it serves its purpose and Vero Beach is a very nice beach town.
BUT: at about 23hrs we were called by a guy who introduced himself as the frontdesk. When we asked why he was calling, he dropped the call. I called the front desk to ask if it was really them and it turned out that they connected an external call to our room and the caller pretended he was the receptionist. In the morning another guest complained to the frontdesk that he was also bothered by a caller introducing himself as the reception who asked him for his credit card number.It didn't seem that the lady at the front desk was hugely impressed.
The real surprise was still to come: a guest who was marginally late to breakfast got into a loud discussion with the cleaner who basically locked the food just in front of him. From both sides we could hear an exchange that included shouting and insults. I didn't know that Americans were so volatile. That situation could have been easily avoided if people had showed a bit of kindness and good will.
This place is poorly managed, staff seems rather helpless.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here in May. Looked ok on checkin and the room was quite large and comfortable, but noticed that the phone did not work and asked for a replacement. When we returned later, nothing had been done. It turned into a real project and the one we recieved eventually looked like a reject. Asked for extra towels. was told "maybe, if there were some in an unoccupied room as there were not enough for all rooms"!? I was also told by the night clerk that the owners would not spend more than the bare minimum on upkeep. That night we noticed that over half of the outside lighting on the building and parking lot was off leaving large sections of the property in the dark. This seemed somewhat dangerous to us. The next morning I was up early but when my went for breakfast about 1/2 hour before the stated end, it was mostly broken down and the attendant was very rude about providing anything not still out. At the pool, there was 1 broken lounge chair and a few upright chairs. When asked, the desk clerk said that "they had bought some a few years ago but they were all gone now". DUH! When my wife returned to the room she noticed that the room was cleaned but the door had been left ajar! Not good!
All in all it is quite obvious that the owners just want to take all the profit and spend nothing on upkeep or staffing. That attitude is why the reviews here are so bad.

Room Tip: You can't
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel was terrible! We checked in to a room with a non-working TV and phone...As I was trying to make sure the phone was plugged in, I found dirty thong underwear behind the night stand. We Had to change rooms in the middle of the night and did not sleep well at all. I was promised the GM would contact me and never did, even after I complained to Choice and got my money back. Terrible management!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Montville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Checked in, 20 minutes later I checked out. Room was dirty, burn holes in the sheets, and food left in refrigerator. A guy was painting his truck in the parking lot. People were hanging out if front of there rooms as it appears they live there. Would never go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

the picture is very deceiving. this hotel is very unkept. cigarette butts in the front planters, windows are filthy, rooms are outdated and what I call surface cleaned. behind the beds and dressers was very dirty. the pillows and bed were comfortable. we had a smoking room that smelled awful and nicotine stains on lights in bathroom. air conditioner had musty smell. didn't really want to eat the breakfast after seeing condition of hotel, settled for coffee. only saw 3 older ladies as the staff, this could account for the poor conditions. pay the extra go somewhere else

Room Tip: i don't think there are any good rooms
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We were woken up throughout the night by the prostitution ring that was running out back of this hotel - the police were there 3 times that we knew of and it was ridiculous. When the front desk was asked they said they didn't know about it - until the next morning when someone told us that it is a regular occurance. Needless to say we checked out and stayed elsewhere - I would have checked out in the middle of the night except my kids were with me and I didn't want to have to walk them to the car in the midst of all that was going on around us - I did not feel safe at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!