“Convenient Location,” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
Fortescue, New Jersey
“Convenient Location,”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Being seniors, we appreciated having a ground floor room with 2 queen beds. Our room was clean, and comfortable. The motel is showing its age and needs a little sprucing up. They offer a continental breakfast which is not the greatest (cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, coffee). We opted to drive down the road to a nearby IHop.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
St-Polycarpe, Québec
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

There is one word too many in Quality Inn, and I'll let you guess which one ! Fortunately, I know the Vero Beach Motel is not a reflection of all the hotels of this well known chain.

We stayed there one night, dec 28 2011. We got there late at night, disappointed that it was a motel, with direct access to our room from the parking lot. Big room, musty, smelly, dank,as is often the case with motels, since they do not have controlled air systems.
Minimally basic decor & furnishings. Could be cleaner. Uninviting bedding.

In the morning, we could see that the place is old, neglected. The pool area could be nice, with a few flower beds and pretty outdoor furniture. This hotel could use a major make over.
A fresh coat of paint, reupholstering & comfy beds with a cozy light comforter...

Yep, old, sad-looking, uninviting, neglected, barely getting by....those words apply to the building, the breakfast, the atmosphere, the staff !
Please give this hotel some TLC and business wil turn around ! (because it is conveniently located for us, we will take a look next time to see if it has improved)

The next night, we stayed 10 miles away ( I95 at Fort Pierce) and we had a dream of a room for the same low price ( 59$)....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

This hotel is the epitome of resting on one's laurels. I assume their national banner and central location has gone to their heads, because this place was just terrible. I won't even both with a "pros vs cons" list in this review. The location is decent, but I'm hoping at least one other competitive hotel will open up in town to drive Quality Inn to better standards (or out of business).

My wife and I stayed one night, on a four night reservation, and spent the remaining nights at Country Inn & Suites near I-95 (about 15 minutes away). Despite some additional driving each day, the experience was tenfold better. See the link to that review at the bottom.

Exterior: Very "motel" in appearance. I know that interior corridors were unusual when this building was constructed, so I'm taking that into account.

Lobby and breakfast area: Filthy. Stained walls and ceiling. Decor in need of updates.

Staff: Indifferent and unfriendly.

Occupancy: I'd guess around 30% (at 11pm, when most people are in their rooms)...even though this was the peak season in town. Other hotels we saw were packed at 80%+ occupancy.

Rooms (see pictures): Large, but hastily upgraded with token items. The security chain was broken off. Floors and chairs had several stains. Microwave and nightstands looked as if they hadn't even been cleaned. The bathroom had a hair collection from at least 4 different people, leading me to guess this wasn't the first time the maid had cut corners. Despite these fundamental oversights, you could tell efforts had been made to upgrade the room from Comfort Inn to Quality Inn. Carpet and bathroom counter were relatively new. Lipstick on a pig.

Link to our stay at Country Inn:

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Definitely think this hotel should just be visited as a last resort. We were a bit shokced at how unkept it was. The hallways were grubby, ice machine even more so. In our room, the bed/sheets looked ok, but the sink area and taps were completely filthy! Luckily I had antibacterial hand cleanser in my bag & actually ended up having to scrub the taps before we could even think of using them! There were crumbs at the side of one of the beds. Needless to say, we didn't consider staying for the breakfast the following morning.

Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
New Smyrna Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

Well, I was skeptical about the hotel when reading the reviews online but the place wasn't a 40.00 a night motel, so I figured it could not be all that bad. The first room had 5-6 large burn holes in the bed along with 3 dark brown stains that we at least a foot long. We switched rooms, the man was friendly about it. We did not have time to look around, but when we came back that night we discovered 4 more cigarette burns, an obvious area of blood splatter on the rug, bed skirt and ceiling above. Unsettling, to say the least. The shower had 3 clumps of hair hanging on the wall.
The location was okay, the staff was nice ( I didn't bother complaining again), outside looked inviting, decor was nice.... but it was disgusting in those rooms.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

Near downtown location (adjacent to Chilis, with 2 for one daily drink specials), close to beaches and most of the areas great restaurants. Excellent staff and very clean well maintained facility. Stay there if in the area!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothjing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2008

This was by far the best place in Vero Beach Florida that we have stayed in. The room was spacious and clean as well as the bedding being excellent. The People were polite and accommodating. The king size bed was very comfortable and the room was by no means cramped. The Hotel is situated in the middle of all necessities such as a Staples store, if you are visiting for business, a huge shopping center where there is food and a Walmart. I even got my hair cut before a big church meeting. I used my laptop to access the internet. They have an available signal that is easily accessed. Awesome situation. Also it is not to far from the beach. About three miles to the seventeenth street bridge, make a left over the bridge and the beaches are there. Excellent, Excellent, Excellent at a great value you receive a good room with a good breakfast. I'm talking three kinds of cereal, danish, hot waffles, coffee, juice, fruit, oatmeal, and, Bagels. The woman taking care of the breakfast was so good that my wife was compelled to tip her. the pool was also great. There was a place to sit in the shade under a veranda with a nice table where you can take your breakfast and eat should you not want to eat inside. The table was a big ten seater that would easily accommodate a group to sit and chat under the shade provided bu the veranda. As a Pastor that was conducting three long meeting in a row for three days straight the hotel was refreshing, convenient , friendly, clean, and affordable. I had asked the attendant if he could print something out for me that I had placed on a memory stick and he instantly said yes without any trouble or attitude. If you are looking for a decent place to stay in Vero Beach Florida I recommend the comfort in . I am definitely planning to use this hotel the next time that I am in Vero Beach Florida. All the best to you and happy traveling Pastor P..

• Liked — The room size and comfortable bed.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!