“Convenient to I-95 and all of Vero Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Convenient to I-95 and all of Vero Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

While visiting with my family recently, I found the Holiday Inn Express Hotel at Vero Beach West to be clean and modern. The friendly staff were very accomodating - especially the young lady (I forgot her name) that ran the breakfast bar.

Unlike the other area hotels that had waffle makers, this particular place had a pancake maker that would spit out two pancakes everytime you pushed the button. With three small kids, having an all-inclusive breakfast bar is not only helpful but a real money saver. I look for this in a hotel when booking my stay.

Besides the breakfast bar, there is a business center, pool, workout room and
free wi-fi. Although the speed was not what I am used to, you don't come to a hotel for the computer access.

Conveniently located to I-95 and the West Vero corridor that includes the outlet mall, I would return to this location again. I disagree with other ratings that complain about parking. Between the hotel, neighbor hotels and restaurants and the outlet mall itself, you should have no problem in parking whatever type of vehicle you are driving.

/s/ William E. Lewis Jr, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Room Tip: Make full use of the free breakfast bar and save even more money on your trip.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. The room was spacious and very clean, the bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was good. Reception staff were exrtremely helpful especially when we couldn't get our phone card to work. It is just off I-95 and situated, very conveniently, next to the Vero Beach Outlet Mall. There is a Cracker Barrell adjacent and also a Macdonalds and a Steak and Shake. The beach area is a 20 minute drive away and has lots of boutique shops. We would definitely stay at this hotel again but wish they would install a laundry. isadave, glasgow

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Wautoma, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our room was oceanfront with a deck. The view was amazing. Listened to the waves crashing all night and loved it. The decor was current and pleasing. Staff was friendly. Good value! Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The staff is friendly; they go above and beyond to keep guests happy! Have never stayed in cleaner rooms. Love their mattresses....sleep better here than anywhere else. We stay here whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed at this location multiple times. This was booked as a 2-night stay, however I am checking out and going to the Hampton Inn next door if the wifi doesn't work tomorrow. There is no ethernet available. I need the Internet to work each night and I rely on a hotel having adequate service. This Internet service was horrendous. Took an hour and a half to download 30 emails to my inbox. Took anywhere from 3 to 15 minutes to open up a web page. All along the wireless network connection read "excellent" signal strength. Front desk admitted other guests complained too: he reset the router but it didn't help. I phoned the 1-800 tech help number but the representative said that, from his end, all looked ok. Said that the speed of the signal depends on the bandwidth the hotel owner wants to pay for. If you rely on use of the Internet when you check in to a hotel in the evening, make sure this place has upgraded its service before you commit to stay here.

• Stayed March 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Eilspaul,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. It is our goal to consistently ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations to all of our guests. Please accept our sincere apology for the difficulties you experienced with our internet service. We have shared your valuable comments with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we thank you for sharing your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. I hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Very nice staff. It is a 30 minute drive to the beach, but we did not find that an issue in relation to the price. If you are a fan of outlets, it is adjacent to a rather large one with all the usual brands.
I would certainly return if I would visit Vero Beach again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Macungie, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I am pretty much a Marriott Person, but stayed here for a recent wedding. I must say this place was great. Very clean and nice accomodations and I have to say the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would come back here without reservation. Honestly it has opened up my eyes to why I am paying more for Marriott Properties.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95? Share your experiences!