“The staff are so helpful” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
“The staff are so helpful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I had either lost my car keys or locked them in my car. After turning my room upside down searching for the keys, John the night clerk offered to help me search. He even got down on the ground looking under my car and the adjoining car to see if I'd dropped the keys. Long story short, John spend 3 1/2 hours with me until a locksmith finally got my car unlocked. When I couldn't spot my keys inside the car, John found them, in a trash bag that I wouldn't have thought to look in. I'll definitely stay at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach any time I;m in this area. Thank you John!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Could be a one time occurrance but??? We checked into Room 225 for a three day stay. That night the bathroom was emitting a strong urine smell whichwasn't obvious till later in the evening when we came back from dinner and since we are very tolerant we expected it to clear up so we did not call down to ask to be moved but it made for a miserable night. Next morning we called desk and they seemed to know what to do-they flushed out the drain in the bathroom floor. Seemed to solve the problem but we still left one day early. Could be just that room or a one time but my question is why didi they immediately know what to do--happen before? Other then that the hotel was perfect as HIE's have been, staff, breakfast were great. Cracker Barrell and Steak and Shake in parking lot area Problem is we could not stay at ths particular HIE again because of this problem.

Room Tip: Ask to go in and check the bathroom for odors.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear 995traveler,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. I appreciate the compliments on the hotel breakfast and staff. However, I do apologize the experience you had with the unusual smell of the bathroom was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and services are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

While I understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, I would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Though it seemed hard to get to, ( not true in actuallity) Check-in for my Group was fast friendly and The front desk was outstandingly helpful to myself for Parking a Motor Coach, and to the needs of my Passengers. Rooms are clean. There is a Cracker Barrell next door, Steak and Shake to the other side, and across the Street is an Outlet Mall. Breafast was hot and Coffee was excellent. I have to admit a guilty pleasure watch my "groups" younger ones get frustrated at he Pancake Maker. They would push the start button, then scream" WELL WHERE IS MY PANCAKE!!" They seemed genuinely surprised that it had to COOK first. AH yes the get it now Generation.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but for a touch of Extra quiet get tooms oppisite the Interstate
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sanford, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Absolutely an excellent experience. There was a group of 15 well behaved high school basketball players and their coaches. The hotel staff was extremely accommodating, well cleaned and affordable for the kids to make the trip.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Monson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed on New Year's Eve - my husband was playing in a band for a party in Vero Beach, which is about 60 miles from our home. We used Priority Club points for our stay. We chose the hotel near I-95 instead of the one right in VB because it had better ratings and required fewer points. We were very pleased with the staff and our room. The hotel is within walking distance of a huge outlet mall and several chain restaurants - Steak & Shake, McDonalds, Cracker Barrel right next to the hotel. In spite of being close to I-95, it was very quiet - except when the smoke alarm was activated by burning toast in the breakfast area. Speaking of which, the free breakfast was a typical hotel continental self-serve type, with a bit more variety - the things I can remember are juice, coffee/tea, pancakes, omelet, boiled eggs, bacon, biscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, muffins, sweet rolls, danish, yogurt, cereal, instant oatmeal, yogurt and fresh fruit. The omelets were pre-made and were not good. The pancakes were easy to make - all automatic, perfectly formed and cooked - and tasted good. The sweet rolls were dry/stale. Good coffee, attentive and friendly breakfast staff. I've spent too much time talking about the food, which was not all that important to us. If it's important to you, you might want to try one of the chain restaurants for breakfast. We really liked this hotel and will stay there again if we're in the area.

Room Tip: we were in room 201, which has no room on the left side near the bed - maybe that made it quieter
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for four nights - November 25 to November 29. Everything was great. Although I know there were other guests at the hotel because I could see there cars, I rarely saw them and never heard them. I used the fitness room each day and it was sufficient for my needs. They had a exercise bike and two treadmills. The breakfast was good and the rooms were clean. It is right next door to the Vero Beach Outlet Stores. I would stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2012
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I stay here every 2 weeks on business, I gotta tell you....the staff is great, management so sweet and considerate---hasn't changed in the year and a half I've been staying there (a review below says it changed). Honestly, I get the BEST NIGHT SLEEP at this hotel, the beds are awesome and the pillows are even better! I wish they would start selling the pillows....
I think its a bonus that a free hot or cold breakfast is served every am. The smell of fresh hot coffee will bring you out of your room as well as the nice lady that cooks it and stocks it on a regular basis.
the rooms are extrememly clean and even if I forget my toothbrush and paste, they have a new one ready for me.
Its Quiet and safe.....I should know, left a window down one night by accident and had NO trouble, no one broke in to car.

Room Tip: I have enjoyed all the rooms I stayed in at this location.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95? Share your experiences!