“Enjoyed My Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Miami, Florida
“Enjoyed My Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay brought some friends for the first time. And they were well pleased with their room and the comfort of the hotel. Would like to say that the front desk person "John" is super nice. Will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
XENIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

This was a good stop over. The hotel seemed older, but was clean and well kept.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Yulee, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Holiday Inn website said that this location had been refurbished...the exterior and common areas yes, the room, not so much. My room smelled musty and the desk chair had seen it's better days. The bed and pillows weren't as comfortable as most of other HI Express hotels I have stayed at. Location was at the entrance to outlet mall shops and right off of the interstate. Despite this, there wasn't a lot of noise even though my room was adjacent to the highway. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly and the breakfast bar did have the signature conveyor belt pancake maker, which is always a plus!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Lucy N,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I appreciate that you have acknowledged our staff services. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the room issues you encountered. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wilmington, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed there from march 5th through march 9th, needed the enternet to work while i was there and it was not working. They did not seem to care if they got it working or not. Told me every time I asked that they had someone working on it, but WOW, from 4/5 to 4/9 and still no enternet. FIRE THE IT person. Haf to clean the debris from the swimming pool myself so my gran kids could swim in it. If you plan on staying there I would call in advance to check on the problems that they have had.There are other and newer hotels in the very close area around this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear joe p ,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry for the problems you encountered with the internet. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare
Bath, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

When I booked this Holiday Inn, I was unsure about the location, considering it was right off I-95. I was wrong. It was the most conveniently located hotel I've stayed in! Outlet mall is located close by and it's possible to walk, but because of packages you may have to carry, I would suggest driving. There's a Steak & Shake, & a McDonald's on the one side of the hotel parking lot, & a Cracker Barrell on the other, so you have the best of both worlds! Since it was right off I-95, I thought perhaps it would have been very noisy in the rooms. It was not. The only noisy place was the outdoor pool, (which wasn't too bad) of course, since it was on the highway side of the hotel. I stayed in room 201, which is at the end of the hallway, and right by the stairs-really nice, since I use them frequently! Outdoor appearance was great--love the Palm Trees in FLA ! The property was very clean-inside and outside! Staffing was great! Check in was easy! Housekeeping was right on top of things, and I never had to ask for anything extra like towels, soap, etc. Rooms are clean and spacious--had a king room. Very comfy bed and pillows!! Air conditioning and air quality was good-no problems there! The gym was small & had 2 treadmills & an exercise bike. Filtered water was available here, so I filled my water bottle with ice, then filled it with this water. Breakfast was good...every other day had a variety of items on the hot bar, from pancakes, bacon & sausage, to scrambled eggs/cheese omelets. And of course, coffee, tea, milk and juices! Say hello to Dale when you go--she was a top notch player in the breakfast area, & worked very hard to keep things clean and well-stocked! Thanks Dale!! I am anxiously looking forward to my next trip to Vero, and I WILL be returning to this hotel! Great work everyone!!

Room Tip: Room 201 was nice and quiet...it was a King room, on the second floor of course, right next to the s...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

This Holiday Inn Express is just off the highway at the Vero Beach exit. I was concerned about possible highway noise and asked for a room on the quiet side of the building, but was assured by the desk clerk that none of the rooms were noisy. I don't know if he was right or not, but our room was very quiet.
Overall, the hotel is a little tired. The landscaping, entrance, lobby and common areas appear neglected, and could use freshening. The room was very clean, however. It is a shame that the first impression of the hotel is not good.
They serve a terriffic hot breakfast, including pre-made omlets, pancakes, bisquets and gravy, and those wonderful warm cinnamon buns.
Overall, this hotel offers a good value for Vero Beach.

Stayed March 2012
Lake Worth, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

The local Rotary recommended this hotel since we were exhibiting at their boat show. The first night was acceptable, the room was clean and the breakfast was good. The problem started the next day. We were on the top floor (3) and it rained most of the day. We we returned to the room, water was leaking through the ceiling. I showed the head of maintenance, and she sent us to the front desk. The clerk brought us to one room that was dry, but the heat didn't work. We complained again and were moved to an other room that smelled of mildew. We were late so we stayed in that room but it was not very pleasant. At the end we were credited $10.00 off our bill for our "inconvenience". We will not be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Vero Beach-West I-95? Share your experiences!