“Beautiful location and nice staff...outdated rooms” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
“Beautiful location and nice staff...outdated rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is in a great spot and the staff is wonderful. However, the rooms are worn and could use some updating. Rooms are on the outside like a motel, so pick a location that is away from the elevator and close to the ocean or pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Sheryl T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the inconvenience the condition of your room may have caused you. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

You are right on the beach! The staff at the front desk was most helpful (they were formerly from the Midwest, like us, one from Neb., one from MI). We wanted a beach front room and it seemed to have been updated and was quite clean. After a few hours on the beach we took a dip in the pool. After a quick shower we sat on our balcony and had a few glasses of wine. The sight and sound of the waves is so very relaxing. Then we went next door to Mulligan's for dinner. A perfect stay! Would certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Get a second or third floor room for a better view. The sliders to the balcony are hurricane glass a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

After being prompted by Holiday Inn I reviewed this hotel and since it wasn't a positive review Holiday Inn sent me the following message:
Regarding Your Hotel Review
We are unable to post your review at this time due to the following:

specific references to other hotel brands.
irrelevant or inappropriate content.
the mention of specific dollar amounts and/or rate.

Here's my review: (decide for yourself)

It's been years since I've stayed at a hotel with all rooms entering from the outside such as this Holiday Inn. Just to use the elevator (I had heavy luggage) I needed to "hike" from one end of the hotel to the other. My room overlooked a parking lot and I might as well had stayed in Newark (NJ), because I couldn't see any "Oceanside". The décor was from 1970's but the prices were 2014 (including the restaurant). I can't understand how this hotel could charge $139.00 (off season) for this room. If it weren't prepaid via Priceline I would have found another place to stay. In all fairness to Holiday Inn, the room was clean, although badly in need of an update and the bed was comfortable, even though it was a Queen, (lacking a pillow top). Call me spoiled, but I expected more for my money.

Room Tip: Pick another place!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while in town for business. Loved that it was affordable and beach front. Had a great meal at the restaurant that is attached. Small nice pool.
Beach area is clean and nice.
Would stay again!

• Stayed June 2013
Hinesville, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I ended up booking this hotel when another one fell through and I realized it was a holiday weekend, so I took what I could get. I looked it up on hotels.com and thought I was calling the hotel, but apparently not. I was told I would have ocean view room and was charged extra for it - my view is a pool full of screaming children. The rooms are clean, dusty, but clean. The sink faucet dripped and the bathroom was tiny - I mean can't hardly turn around tiny! The a/c unit was loud and there was this hum from somewhere else that was annoying.
There was no continental breakfast - I had asked about breakfast and was told there was one - it is an attached dining facility with $15 breakfast burritos --- really? I paid $200 a night for this?? There is only one elevator and it was clear across the compound from our room - so useless to us. The smell of trash by the stairs was offensive in the 96 degree heat. The guy at the check-in made some comments about getting someone to help us with our bags, but it was half-hearted at best and made me feel as if I had to turn him down.
I visit here often, but will never stay here again. Way too much money for the little comfort I got.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Janet D,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will certainly be looked into. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience the service you received from our hotel may have caused. We appreciate you letting us know about your concerns. This helps us understand areas we can improve upon.

Again, thank you for your feedback as it will help us strive to become a better hotel.

Krysllin G
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here. It is right beside the beach and there is a lovely restaurant beside the hotel I think it ends with grill but I cant remember exactly! The pool area needs cleaning and updating but the room was good and the staff were very welcoming.

• Stayed August 2013
Columbia, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here in June for an inexpensive little get away. The hotel itself is lacking compared with those that I normally stay at. The whole property is definitely outdated with tiles falling off in the pool and in-room safes that the management doesn't actually have keys for you to use because "so many people have walked off with them". And the water smells like sulfur, and has a brownish tint to it. Those are my negatives. Other than that, the place was perfectly located on the beach. The views were beautiful and the staff was friendly.
The bar/restaurant within the hotel, and those at surrounding hotels were a little pricey, but if you drive over the bridge to the other side of the Indian River, you will find plenty of inexpensive food options. We also visited the local Publix for bottled drinking water and snacks to keep in the room, and bring to the pool/beach.
Overall, for the price we paid, we couldn't go wrong!! $350/person for airfare, rental car and this hotel for 5 nights. It was a package deal, but with the beach access and views, it would've been worth it to pay that price just for this hotel...regardless of its need for updating and a little TLC. We had a clean room and a clean bed to sleep in for a very inexpensive price.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Aquarius695,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Vero Beach - Oceanside? Share your experiences!