“Best sushi in town!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Vero Beach, Florida
“Best sushi in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

At first we weren't going in, but after reading the reviews we decided to try it. We just moved into the neighborhood and we love sushi. The atmosphere is very intimate and the music was soft and very nice. My husband and I both loved what we ordered. The sashimi is as fresh as you could possibly find, the portions were generous, and the price was fair. The people treated us very well, the owners are great, and we will make this one of our favorites.

• Visited June 2013

Uxbridge, Canada
“Great sushi!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is by far the best sush in Vero Beach, especially if you like the real raw fish type. The fish is fresh and they cut nice long pieces the way the Japanese prepare it. Atmosphere is casual and nothing to write about but the food is great! We are snowbirds in Vero and eat here whenever we want sushi. They also have an extensive Thai menu. The food has been consistently great. The $50.00 sushi boat will serve 3 people easily.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best sushi in Vero Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I was just driving by and saw the sign so I stopped in. I was going to order what I usually get anywhere but there was a lady at the bar who used to work there work there and she recommended the coconut curry soup and volcano roll. So I added that to my list of the usuals. Bottom line simply fantastic, fresh and flavorful food. The prices were fair and the portions generous. All this by accident. Will now make Saigon sushi a regular stop! PS the restaurant is small and was packed by 6 p.m. so get there early.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Fort Myers, Florida
“You CAN Go Home Again!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

One of the marks of a great restaurant is its ability to maintain a highly consistent level of excellence over an extended period of time. One such establishment is SAIGON SUSHI in Vero Beach, Florida.

My wife and I first dined here over two years ago when I was invited to address the local Audubon Society chapter. We discovered the restaurant not by by anyone's particular recommendation but rather because it was in close proximity to the site where I was to speak. This "accidental meeting" has turned out to be one of the best culinary experiences that we have had .. and that includes highly rated, first class restaurants in France, Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Ireland and Belgium.

That evening we started the meal with steamed chicken and vegetable dumplings. They were pure ambrosia! The pastry portion of the dumplings was incredibly light and literally melted in our mouths. The filling was perfectly cooked and wonderfully seasoned, a spectacular blending of meat, vegetables and spices. The sauce that was served on the side was likewise light, aromatic and artistically balanced ... with nuances of multiple flavors that perfectly complemented the dumplings rather than masking their own subtle aromas and tastes.

All the courses that followed were equally sensational ... Pad Thai, teriyaki chicken, fried rice, calmari.

Two weeks ago I had the privilege of returning to Vero Beach to once again address the local Audubon chapter. This time my wife and I knew exactly where we were going to dine, although after an hiatus of two years, we had some concerns as to whether or not the restaurant would have been able to maintain its exceptionally high standards for quality, freshness, diversity and taste. That is, could we actually "go home again?"

No need for concern, we soon discovered. The ambiance and the staff were the same as they had been two years prior ... namely warm and inviting. So was the food.

We began our meal as we had previously done ... and were thrilled that the dumplings were as sensational as they had been. The Cantonese chicken that we both ordered reminded us of the memorable meals that we used to enjoy back in Pittsburgh where we grew up, and where we had been blessed with a world-class and authentic Cantonese Chinese restaurant. Here in Vero Beach, the chicken was tender, the vegetables properly cooked (lightly firm), and the sauce was so marvelous that we both ordered extra portions of perfectly cooked brown rice so that we could soak up every last drop of the colorful, beautifully falvored and balanced sauce.

All in all a wonderful dining experience ... again!

If in Vero Beach, Saigon Sushi is a MUST. You will not be disappointed if quality, innovative Vietnamese / Oriental dining is on your "menu."

• Visited January 2013
Lauderhill, Florida
“Delightful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've eaten here a few times with my father and stepmother, and every time the food has been delicious. It's a small local place, and not on on the obvious roads, so if my stepmother hadn't brought my family to it, we never would have found it. They have more than just sushi; there are plenty of Chinese/Vietnamese dishes. I typically get the teriyaki chicken, which is very, very good. The owners are very friendly. The restaurant is very small, though. You can probably fit about 20 people inside. The service can be slow at times, unfortunately, but that's the only bad thing I can think of.

• Visited December 2012