“Team Jacquie” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vero Beach Inn & Suites

You added Vero Beach Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vero Beach Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8797 20th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32966 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Kissimmee, Florida
“Team Jacquie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I just wanted to give accolades to Jacquie Thatcher for her incredible guest service. I was told on the phone when I ordered my room it would be a newly remodeled two room suite. It was not! Jacquie saved the day for myself, ex-husband and special needs son!! We had a great time, room, breakfast and practice in their awesome pool. My son took two gold medals in his first ever Special Olympics State swim competition and Jacquie added to that success by giving us one less thing to worry about! She was kind, considerate, empathetic and incredibly patient. GO TEAM JACQUIE!!!!

Thanks for all you did,

Sally, Peter and Blaine

Room Tip: Don't do it through phone person...make sure you call hotel direct!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Altha, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

So let's dive right in:

I was in the 200 range rooms...I want to think (sorry I can't accurately remember) it was room 239 (it was upstairs, interior court, very back building).

I'm really tall (>6'6") so keep this in mind through-out my review...

Pros:

* Even though it's an "outside door" type hotel, the external noise was at a minimum.
* The check-in counter gentlemen (can't remember his name) was super nice and very helpful.
* We got a great price on our rooms through priceline.com
* Shower...shower head was of very nice height which is very important to me. The curtain was installed on one of those curved out rods which provides great room in the tub.
* Bed.....pillows were ample and with multiple firmness options.
* No hair found in bath area, sink area, nor in bed.
* Refrigerator provided.
* Decent steam iron and board.
* Nice sized room with king-size bed.

Cons:

* What is that smell? The room had an odor. My co-worker's room had a smell also I was told and even had a pretty bad moisture problem in their room.
* Why did my room have a humidifier in it? Was their an additional problem I didn't know about? Plus, the unit looked like it wasn't working problem (red alarm light on) yet it was plugged in and powered on.
* Shower...shower curtain was smaller than the opening.
* NO elevator to second floor (if there are some, we were not provided that information nor did we see one. So if you're elderly or have other physical challenges, access to your room on the second floor will be a challenge so be sure to ask for first floor accommodations.
* TV channels were limited, not a huge selection and a majority of the channels had so much static that they are virtually un-watchable.
* Not sure if it was due to the change in weather or the room HVAC unit, but it seemed to blow cool air one cycle and warm air the next even though I visually confirmed a 69 degree setting, cool setting, and low fan speed setting.
* The floor in the room was wood floor simulated tile. Hard and cool with a slight feeling of uncleanliness to the bare feet.
* If there was wi-fi, we were not informed.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Wausau, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our reservation at a nearby major chain motel fell through,..water heater failure..
We scrambled, & found the Veto Beach Inn & Suites. They were very pleasant over the phone,.. just drew us in. And, delivered..!
A beautiful, clean, spacious room, comfortable beds, and a delicious breakfast (sausage, eggs, waffles, cereal-juice-coffee.. Thank you VBI&S..
U showed us a great time!

• Stayed November 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I had a great stay, the staff were friendly and helpful and the rates were fantastic. I was a little concerned because I couldn't tell much from the online photos but they did a great job remodeling the suites. The king bed was firm the way I like it, the sheets and linens were new and fresh. The kitchen was a really nice feature for my extended stay here in town. The living room futon sofa wasn't that comfortable, but the couch in the bedroom was nice to sit in and read a book. Wish the TV's were bigger than 32 inch but they were okay, I didn't spend much time watching TV anyway. All in all I really enjoyed my stay and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: poolside suites are nice
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our propriety. We are glad to hear that you stay was good and that you enjoyed the suite, they are a new addition to the hotel. Thank you for letting us know that you wish the TV in the bedroom was bigger, We always take into consideration guest opinions.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2014

I was hesitant to stay here after seeing the motel in person. Our corporate travel coordinator made the reservation on priceline which over sells this motel with photos that don't accurately represent the property. I decided to keep the reservation anyway, but was awaken at 1am to itchiness and noticed that my bed and the bed adjacent to me was infested with bed bugs. The room was infested after assessment and I immediately left and notified the front desk. I am a renovation contractor and I would sum up the recent renovation as putting "lipstick on a pig".

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
We're sorry you had such a negative experience. We do our utmost to make all rooms as clean and comfortable as possible. As for the renovations, perhaps you were in a standard room. So far we've put in new wood tile floors, new mini appliances, flat screen smart TVs, baseboard crown molding and paint in just over half our 117 rooms. We expect to have all complete by next year. We have also put in new hard wood flooring and picture windows in our ball room, new tile flooring in the dining room, new flooring in the gym, renovated the lobby entirely, painted within and without the property and resurfaced the pool. And these are just some of the nearly $1 million in improvements we are making. Of course, it is all a process, and we are terribly sorry that your stay was not a good one. We hope you'll give us another try in the future and discover that our renovations are substantial and real and the people at our Inn are dedicated to excellent customer service.
Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Triple AAA discount they would would NOT apply because they said I did not book directly with them. Triple AAA said they should have applied discount regardless what site the room was booked in. Changed rooms 2 times because of malfunctioning AC unit. Room was mildew smelling because the AC unit would not cycle to off. Fan would always run letting the humid outside air in the room. The beds, everything was damp to touch. Beds are very uncomfortable (Hard as a rock). Breakfast was OK. Not as pictured in there web site. NO BEACON as pictured. Staff is polite. Did not like when staff member took credit card and the security code on back. No reason to do that. (security code).

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy. Entire families hogging pool area. Characters lurking everywhere.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment and let us know about your experience. We're sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Vero Beach Inn & Suites. Since new management took over last year, we have renovated 56 of the 117 rooms, including all facing the pool. We are renovating others one by one. The moment we learn of any problem in any room, our goal is to fix it immediately. I wish we had known you were unhappy with your room. W e would have been glad to accommodate you in another room immediately..

As for the Triple A rate, we do not combine discounts. However,, when a guest has a choice between two discounts, they are welcome to take the greater of the two. The rate you received on the 3 party web site is already discounted off the normal rack rate and should have been at least as great a discount as you would have received with AAA. But I know rates can be confusing. We'll do our best to make sure they're as clear as possible. As for the breakfast, you're right. We do not have bacon every day. Some days it's sausage and some days it's bacon. We are also working with our cooks and vendors to bring new fresh elements to our complementary breakfast offerings.The reason behind the staff having to put in the security code, is for security purposes. It lets us know that the card was with the guest at the time of check-in.

We do hope you'll give us a try the next time in your area. We'll do all we can to make sure your next stay is an enjoyable one!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a Baseball Tournament. I had never stayed here before and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They gave a BOGO drink for their bar (which they have live music in every night except Mondays) rooms have been updated, hardwood flooring, new counter tops and furnishings. The hotel is near Vero Outlets, 10 miles from the beaches, A complimentary hot breakfast was also included which consisted of eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Vero Beach area.

Been to Vero Beach Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!