“AVERAGE.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Vero Beach Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Vero Beach Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vero Beach Inn & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8797 20th Street, Vero Beach, FL 32966 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Lakeland, Florida
“AVERAGE.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Triple AAA discount they would would NOT apply because they said I did not book directly with them. Triple AAA said they should have applied discount regardless what site the room was booked in. Changed rooms 2 times because of malfunctioning AC unit. Room was mildew smelling because the AC unit would not cycle to off. Fan would always run letting the humid outside air in the room. The beds, everything was damp to touch. Beds are very uncomfortable (Hard as a rock). Breakfast was OK. Not as pictured in there web site. NO BEACON as pictured. Staff is polite. Did not like when staff member took credit card and the security code on back. No reason to do that. (security code).

Room Tip: Rooms are noisy. Entire families hogging pool area. Characters lurking everywhere.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to comment and let us know about your experience. We're sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Vero Beach Inn & Suites. Since new management took over last year, we have renovated 56 of the 117 rooms, including all facing the pool. We are renovating others one by one. The moment we learn of any problem in any room, our goal is to fix it immediately. I wish we had known you were unhappy with your room. W e would have been glad to accommodate you in another room immediately..

As for the Triple A rate, we do not combine discounts. However,, when a guest has a choice between two discounts, they are welcome to take the greater of the two. The rate you received on the 3 party web site is already discounted off the normal rack rate and should have been at least as great a discount as you would have received with AAA. But I know rates can be confusing. We'll do our best to make sure they're as clear as possible. As for the breakfast, you're right. We do not have bacon every day. Some days it's sausage and some days it's bacon. We are also working with our cooks and vendors to bring new fresh elements to our complementary breakfast offerings.The reason behind the staff having to put in the security code, is for security purposes. It lets us know that the card was with the guest at the time of check-in.

We do hope you'll give us a try the next time in your area. We'll do all we can to make sure your next stay is an enjoyable one!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights for a Baseball Tournament. I had never stayed here before and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They gave a BOGO drink for their bar (which they have live music in every night except Mondays) rooms have been updated, hardwood flooring, new counter tops and furnishings. The hotel is near Vero Outlets, 10 miles from the beaches, A complimentary hot breakfast was also included which consisted of eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Vero Beach area.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This location was chosen for our family reunion, rooms have been updated, hardwood flooring, new counter tops and furnishings. The hotel is near Vero Outlets, 10 mikes from the beaches, if you want to save on hotel cost and invest in eating out, beaches, shopping this is the place to stay!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you come back again. We'd love to be more than just a three star motel for you and are happy to accommodate any reasonable requests to make your vacation memorable.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I have absolutely no complaints I stood here to be able to make it to a friends birthday bash & to relax the rest of the weekend since I had been working alot I.e 11 days straight & this hotel exceeded my expectations front desk staff like A.M. Samantha was completely generous & let me check in early & upgraded my room to the best available one. My room was super clean a fresh the King bed just right for my back & the Flatscreen TV even had netflix it was a SmartTv. My stay was extremely quiet no one bothered me which allowed me much relaxation & a great catch up on sleep. Pool view os fantastic on top of the pool was very decent sized & clean. The complementary breakfast was very awesome. Extremely long story short, I would totally stay here again. Already planning my next trip. Thank You Vero Inn.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
We are very glad that we were able to make your trip enjoyable and relaxing. Thanks for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to seeing you again too!
Saint Johns, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here just for one night on our way home and got it through Priceline. I had never stayed here before and I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh. They had a refrigerator (which was great because my electric cooler broke) and a microwave. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They gave a BOGO drink for their bar (which they have live music in every night except Mondays) and I took full advantage of that after a seven hour drive with five children. The pool was a nice size and very clean. The television was clear and updated. A complimentary hot breakfast was also included which consisted of eggs, sausage, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, bagels, pastries, juice and coffee. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are very happy that we got to be your pleasant surprise. That is what we aim for! Thanks for taking the time to review our property and tell other guests about your experience. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!
Punta gorda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I'm giving this a 3/5 because it really is your average hotel and it's not anything special or nice. My room looked nothing like the pictures shown on their website or here.

Lobby/reception: the lobby is very nicely decorated in light teal (like the rest of town). The receptionists are very professional and polite when I checked in/out.

Hotel: this is an outdoor hotel; you don't have to go through the main doors to get to your room. I guess it's safe because hey have a camera directed at the doors but if I knew I wouldn't have stayed here (personal preference).

Room: now I may have one of the older less nice rooms but it was definitely a let down from what I expected. The furniture is in brown wood (not white like some pics shown), and curtains and the bedspread is just grimy. There was light but definitely a very dark room. We just needed a place to sleep so I can't really comment on the tv, wifi, fridge, and microwave; but they have it.

Bathroom: to us the bathroom is very important and we were pleased about it. It wasn't great but it was very nice and clean. It was a bit unsafe that the tub had no rubber grips on the bottom, I almost slipped in the shower.

Price: I booked this online, and it said the original price is $129, down to $59. I'm glad it's that cheap because if my room is $129 I would flip.

Outdoor: can't really comment on the pool or anything because we just needed a bed to sleep for the night. But I did take a look and it seemed nice. The pool closes at 9pm I was told.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are sorry that you felt the rooms were a let down. We do offer the two tiers of rooms and it sounds like you stayed in a standard room. We would love for you to come back next time and try one of our Deluxe rooms they are very reasonable and offer you the newer furniture, paint, are brighter and also open up to our center courtyard and pool area which some feel is more secure than the other option.

We took to heart your comment about the bathtubs being unsafe! We now have non-slip mats available upon request for any guest who would like one. Thank you very much for pointing out that oversight. We would hate for someone to slip on our property!
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This was my first time visiting this property.
Pro:
Queen suite facing pool was beautiful
The beach workers were very polite and helpful. They even checked on us later to see if we needed any thing !
Ice bucket was great kept the ice cold.
Hotel food was great.
Hosted wine hour was very nice.
The pool was nice but it rained every day so we didn't use it.
They have a no-smoking policy! I smelled some one smoking and called the desk. It was just minutes before someone was there to take care of the problem !
Service in bar was great.Great happy hour . Morning service was so so
Con :
Need to re-train check in personnal. ( first impression was not that great ).
The breakfast bill stated they had music on Friday and Saturday at 7 pm. We waited until 7:45- No music.
Mattresses need to be replaced.
They were a few other problems but the asst. manager Michael was quick to listen and solved the problems he could.
I would stay again.

Room Tip: over look the pool or get oceanview
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Diana V, General Manager at Vero Beach Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Thank you for the great review! This may be for a different facility because we do not have a hosted wine hour, or a manager named Micheal. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you come check us out next time you are in Vero Beach.

Been to Vero Beach Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!