“Recently Renovated, Good Outdoor Pool, Friendly Service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #13 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Worthington, Ohio
“Recently Renovated, Good Outdoor Pool, Friendly Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We found this hotel in one of the hotel coupon books available at a FL Welcome Center. They were offering rooms for $59/night. Staff honored the discount on the coupon book. The property looks recently renovated and has a good, smallish but clean outdoor pool. The lobby has a warm reading/reception area standard to all Country Inn and Suites. At the lobby is coffee and cookies for guests 24/7. The room we stayed at had comfortable clean beds, decorated in muted tones with ocean art work. This was a bargain. It is also stone's throw away from the Vero Beach Mall but since it is hidden behind the mall, the property doesn't get the busy traffic or pedestrian that the mall has.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

the rooms was ok nohing to brag about,i was on the second floor room 252,no internet service
the wiffi was very lousey,you will think that when you pay sooo much money for a room every

thing should be perfect,but no the beds make noise each time you get up,the room was very cold
the heat was not working,there was no mirro in the room you had to used the one in bathroom

wich you had plenty of wall space in bedroom for mirro,i was there for work,and i'm going to tell you dont used it for bussines,because the internet is lowsey,i was very frustrated with it, not even

a good signal for your phone.i felt TRAPP.

Room Tip: i was on the second floor it was quiet,but again not a lot of people was there,it was 20 of us in m...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to share your stay at our property. We have almost completed our room renovations with adding new Artwork & Mirrors to all of our rooms. We have just upgraded to 20 Meg Internet Service and we need to work out a few glitches. Again, thru guest feedback, we will continue improve our property thru guests experience.
Naples
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My visit here was very disappointing. The first room that I was given smelled of mildew and animals. The second room had mold on the walls. The hotel has many large dogs and allows them in public spaces including the dining room. While connection to the Internet is advertised, there was no connection in the room.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We can use your comments as a training tool to make sure we correct our mistakes that may have been made. We will work harder, being that we are pet friendly to make sure we stay ahead in all of our pet related check lists. Thank you again.
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I recently took a new job in Vero Beach. I found this hotel through Expedia and booked it. Upon arrival and during my stay I was very impressed with the cleanliness and appeal of the public areas and my room. The staff I met throughout the hotel were very friendly and cordial. Especially enjoyed the free breakfast and conversation with the staff, it made being away from my family easier.
For the price and convenience, I have been very pleased, I will be returning to this hotel as I continue to look for rental property...
Only item for consideration: Freezer within room, mini fridge worked, but a freezer would be more accommodating.

Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We used a coupon from the discount books found at the welcome station. The room was $59 for the night although the pet charge of $25 for the stay was a bit steep. We stayed in room 268 which faces the highway. Imagine our surprise when we heard nothing. We has a pleasant stroll around the vero factory outlet, at the recommendation of the front desk drove east on 60 to get a pizza from ninos (excellent) then back to the room after a swim for a shower and sleep before the next leg of our journey. Warning. The alarm may not be enough to wake you. Even the dog didn't want to get up. The breakfast buffet was very generous and there were bags to go for hurried travelers. This hotel rates a 10 as far as I am concerned.

• Stayed September 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a return visit, we spent 3 nights here in August and it was not as good as experience as last August's stay. On checking in the person on reception was not at all friendly, it seemed as we were a disturbance to what she was doing. Couple of times we asked reception questions and there were not friendly or helpful.
The room looked very dark and dowdy, the wallpaper border was hanging off the wall. The towels in the bathroom could do with being renewed as not very thick.
Breakfast is OK with good selection of items.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our property. This is a great learning tool for our staff. We are in the process of removing each room’s wall boarder as well as re-painting all of our guest rooms and adding beautiful new artwork. We will continue to improve thru training and our product upgrades!
Orlando, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I recently spent 2 nights at the Country Inn & Suites in Vero Beach, Florida. We generally try to stay at this chain whenever we travel in Florida because we've had such good experiences in the past. Unfortunately, this visit did not live up to par. We belong to Club Carlson Hotel Reward System, and have accumulated a lot of points which we wanted to apply towards our bill. The points did, in fact, reduce our costs quite a bit. However, we were left wondering whether we were given this particular room because we were using a combination of points and cash or are all the rooms the same.

Check-in was fine and we were happy to get a first floor room. Yet, upon entering the room, my wife noticed a number of issues. First, there was a musty odor in the room. We attributed that to the AC being set on low, so we raised it to a high-cool. The odor improved slightly. Then, my wife noticed that the bathroom lighting fixture was very dusty, as if it had not been cleaned in a long time. I had to go to the front desk to get a light bulb to replace one which had burned out in a lamp next to the bed. The bed, a king-size, was disappointingly lumpy. The bed was also dressed in a heavy quilt, a dust collector which is outdated in most hotels. In addition, the flat screen TV had a very poor picture, and the Wi-Fi internet was intermittent, at best; I was constantly kicked off applications when using my IPad. This might be due to the Direct TV they use; regardless, the system was very poor.

Now, on to the food. We had 2 breakfasts there, and were very disappointed. Other CI & Suites have provided quality food. Not this one. The eggs were silver-dollar sized and appeared to be microwaved from precooked frozen eggs. Very unappetizing. The oatmeal was runny. The only good solid food was the make-your-own waffles. The bagels were pre-packaged in cellophane, and on the second morning, the orange juice was watery and tasted like Tang!

Perhaps this hotel needs some tweaking and it might improve. We were not happy with our stay since we have had good experiences in the past with Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95? Share your experiences!