“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Vero Beach
Ranst
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Nice hotel, the lady at the reception was very helpful in finding us a good place to eat.
Rooms are spacious but I thought the cleaning should be better.
Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Snellville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and was very surprised at how much was offered for the price. It was an excellent experience. The lobby was comfortable , breakfasts were good, hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and spacious. I will definitely stay again. The only negative was the pool is small...but it was clean and we did enjoy it.
I told the staff to pass on my opinion that signage is poor. (It is right next to Hampton Inn)

Room Tip: Request a room in the quiet area of the hotel. 3rd floor of this hotel has great views of trees.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank You very much for the great comments! We have been hard at work at the property and it’s starting to show. We just received our 2011 Presidents Award trophy for the top 10% of all Country Inn’s. The staff has been a key to our success, and they continue to shine at our property.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

We were moving from vero to alabama. We stayed here as we were packing our house. It was wonderful. The beds were the best. My son loved the pool and i loved the idea that the whole stay was safe and uneventful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

We booked this hotel because we are relocating to the area. To reduce our total costs, we chose this hotel above the others nearby because they accept pets. Under "services" on their website, it said that they waive the $25 pet fee. We thought this would be a great savings for us since we would not need to put our pet in a kennel. Upon check in, my husband was told that in order for the fee to be waived that we would need to book through them and pay the full price. The site only said to call if we had questions and we did call to ask if we could book on a discounted website instead of through them. We were told it was not a problem. We were also told that we did not specify that we were bringing a pet, which we did in the comment section on the booking website. My husband asked the clerk how that was our fault.

They did honor the waiving of the fee but not without a hassle and we did not get a doggie gift bag. What is bothersome is that the price we paid was $5 less than the hotels online nondiscounted price and we still had the hassle as if we did something wrong. The hotel needs to be more clear, especially when called about booking with a pet. I guess if you pay $5 less then no doggie treats for our Rocky.

This was our first time staying in this chain and it will be our last.

Details about the hotel:

Cons- 1. Not clean. Huge cobweb with spider or egg sac...was not getting a close up...in the corner above bed and dust bunnies on the lamp, again next to the bed. When you see such obvious signs of dust, just how clean is the room really? 2. Smelled bad. Overuse of deodorizer and room had the underlying smell of urine. I am not sure if there are designated pet rooms or not but the smells are not pleasant, though I have a sensitive nose. I did wear flip flops the whole 3 days since the carpet stunk and that made me question it's cleanliness. 3. Cig stains on the sink and cig hole burns in the curtains and stains on them. 4. Room was overly humid. I know it is Florida but this was the most humid room that I have stayed in.

Pros- 1. King room was pretty spacious 2. Location off of 95 and the grounds were nice, felt very safe but then again so were the other hotels nearby. 3. Breakfast was pretty good. Quite a few choices. Hardly ever had the choc chip cookies, not sure who was eating them all as the hotel was nearly empty. Finally got a few late on the last night that we stayed. But aren't having them a signature for this hotel chain?

Definitely not the worst place but if I didn't have to travel with a pet, I would not stay here. There are places at a comparable price that are cleaner. Nobody wants to stay in a room with obvious signs of uncleanliness. It makes you question everything. I think they need to inspect this room with a black light. The cleaning lady was good with towels and the bed but whomever is in charge is not inspecting the rooms.

I did feel that the older guests were treated more nicely than those who were younger, especially the gentleman we saw at breakfast each morning who seemed like a regular. One of the breakfast ladies did special favors for him but never even offered a good morning to us. My husband who never notices things like that made a comment to me about it later in the day. It seems this chain is for the older crowd.

I don't leave poor reviews for an apology or discount, only to help others make an informed decision and for the hotel to make improvements if they choose. Our room needs a good scrubbing, dusting, and new wall border...it is peeling off.

Room Tip: Not a room on the first floor down the left hallway.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank You for sharing your comments on our property. Your review is a great training tool I can use to make sure we double check all of our rooms, with our housekeepers. We will use your comments and review to make sure we stay on-top of our game at the property going forward. We have some work to do going forward, and I assure you we will get this issue corrected going forward. Thank You
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I never give 5 stars across. My mother from Germany stayed in this hotel for a month. Everyone made sure she had the best stay ever. The pool is heated!
Richard, the maintenance man is wonderful.
Mary and Jean made her great breakfasts.
Zack the manager made sure she had a great room.
Daphne at the front desk always made sure the internet was there for her.
Housekeeping is keeping this place immaculate. And we are PICKY!
All around a great place.
Everyone treated my mother like family. You don't get that in big corporate hotels normally!
Walking distance to Outlet Mall.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a room facing away from highway.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tallahassee, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Rooms were decent and clean. Hotel seemed dark and aged. Breakfast was good. Good variety. Loved the already made oatmeal with toppings.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Casselberry, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I stayed here for one night never again I satyed on the second floor and it was horrible the rm is out of date and they think cause they add a plasma it is all good the ehad board had scrapes everywhere the lamp shade had hair swinging back and forth it wasnt dust and I believe it had dust mites I dont have dogs and I got out of there with bites on my legs and lets not mention the water that kept running threw the wall I had to axsk my husband was the toilet over running nope it wasnt it was coming threw the walls not literally but I can hear it running from upstairs I guess from shower or tioilet but it was a scary issue sounded like a river of water and my husband put his ear against the wall and you can hear it running water in the wall odd told front desk it was like oh well the breakfast lady that handles that she is so SWEET! but pass this one bye not staying here again checked in front desk lady never said hello she goes yes! I felt like going to the hampton or some where poor customer service

Room Tip: make sure theres no running water in the wall or you will be up all night
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Vero Beach / I-95? Share your experiences!