“If you love Daytona Beach, you'll hate this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Oceanfront Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Vero Beach
Aquarius Oceanfront Resort
1526 South Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #8 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
Lakeland, FL
“If you love Daytona Beach, you'll hate this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Daytona Beach is crowded and noisy and crowded!! This hotel was located in a quiet residential neighborhood away from the main strip. We had a oceanfront efficiency that was perfect for us. It was not ultra modern but comfortable. The beach was just steps away and many times we were the only ones on there. The only negative thing is that there is no elevator, however it is only a two story building. The office staff was very nice. This will now be our "go-to" place when we head to the east coast :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Clermont, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My requirements for this year's vacation were: an oceanfront room with a balcony, and a kitchen I could actually cook in. The Aquarius provided this at a great price, and the staff was SO friendly! As others have said, this is an "older-style" resort -- but very clean, and had everything that we needed for our family of two adults and two teenagers. We loved that they had a few beach chairs you could borrow for the day, as well as beach towels to loan ... and they even had a couple shelves of books that you could borrow from while there!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
scott valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Most favorite place in Vero Beach -- it is right on the beach with a boardwalk path over the short dune to it, shuffleboard court like old time Florida, covered tables overlooking the ocean with a barbeque, a lovely little pool, comfortable rooms (great beds!) and kitchens with full fridge, 4 burner stove, microwave and all pots, pans, dishes, etc., that you need to cook! I go to Florida to visit my elderly mother who lives at an assisted living (and no longer likes to eat out) so I love being able to cook for her and myself! There are plenty of grocery stores over the bridge on mainland Vero Beach that offer fresh produce, meat and fish -- and wine! there are a few restaurants in walking distance ( including a pizza place) and a few more less than a 5 minute drive just north of the hotel (and right on the beach!) just in case you don't want to cook in every night.
The management have to be some of the nicest people in the world - very helpful -- coffee on in the office in the morning and local newspaper was at my door on weekdays. The office also has a nice little library for those that forgot their own book -

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Waltham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We love this place. We have stayed here a couple of times and will definitely be back. The rooms are clean and well equipped. The grounds are well kept and the pool is fabulous. We brought our two young children and they had a wonderful time. This is a great value so close to the beach

Room Tip: Room 120 is a two bedroom and is great for families with kids- the air conditioner in the bedroom is...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I discovered Vero Beach in the 1980's and have enjoyed all of my many stays at the Aquarius. The older style and the clean facility and affordable rates make it my best pick of beach vacation spots. A hotel room, with a kitchenette, nicely landscaped area & poolside and a few steps away from one of cleanest, uncrowded beaches you'll find on the East coast of Florida.

Room Tip: Book early and spend a few more dollars on the larger rooms facing the ocean. Well worth it.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thornhill, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is not a usual review. Here is my story, I booked this Hotel some months ago as it was recommended by a friend who stayed there. Three days prior to going down to Florida my airline went Bankrupt. I called the Front Desk and spoke to Theresa and explained my predicament. She said if they could re book the room they would rebate me. They have a 30 day cancellation policy and they were within their rights to keep my money. As last minute flights from Toronto were very expensive we decided to do a last minute all inclusive to Mexico instead ( I just posted a very positive review on the Royal Decameron Complex in Riviera Nayarit on Trip Advisor).

I just got back and opened a letter from the Aquarius, Vero Beach and in it was a Visa rebate. I just wanted people out there to know how honorable the Management are. They could easily have kept my money, how was I to know if they were able to re book or not?

By the way, a couple of friends were there the week before we were to arrive and they just loved the Hotel and Beach. They also said it was within walking distance to great shopping, restaurants and bars.

We will visit Vero Beach soon, guess where we will be staying?

Thank you Theresa and the Aquarius Oceanfront Resort, Vero Beach.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Stonington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

A great spot on the beach in Vero Beach. Management makes all guests feel welcome and 'part of a family'. Regular guests have been visiting for years! We were definitely newcomers but never made to feel so. Great staff and ownership.

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Aquarius Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!