We stayed at this resort for 2 nights and as some have experienced, in a room without a view. Literally. None. Zero. Nada. The (only) tiny window overlooked the hallway of the 4th floor - north wing. No daylight entered our room at all which in reality was kind of strange. Imagine a basement apartment with no windows. In addition, we had a lot of wall vibration in this room which I imagine had something to do with the restaurant exhaust/ventilation system. Fortunately it would eventually be shutdown around 1-2am. Unfortunately it would startup again prior to breakfast time 5-6am.
I would blame all of this squarely on the architect/designer of this structure. VERY poor building design, building floor plan and construction. IF ever a fire broke out immediately outside the door to the room...no alternate exit (i.e. balcony, secondary window) Hard to believe local building codes allow this.
None of the above has anything to do with hotel staff or management.
We experienced excellent service from the valet to the front desk to poolside & restaurant wait staff. Customer service at this hotel is top notch. We had no issues at all with the service, quality of food, cleanliness of rooms, complimentary towels etc. The location is awesome, heated pool and spa was very clean and well maintained.
We would definitely return to this hotel. The only reason for not giving 5 circles (excellent) was the odd room. Having said that we did get a TERRIFIC bargain. I suppose the room rate was appropriate for the accommodations (comparatively speaking)
At checkout we mentioned our surprise that the room had no daylight and were told these rooms are booked in bulk by third-party travel sites. Next time we could call after booking and try upgrading to a room with a view.
...Although I still can't get my head around the idea of building a boutique hotel/spa on the beach, with great food, excellent customer service, valet parking...yet offer rooms that have no view to the outside world. Not even daylight?? Maybe the designer/s thought guests would travel with their servants??
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful oceanfront property on Central Florida's Treasure Coast, the stunning Vero Beach Hotel & Spa, a Kimpton Hotel, promises a relaxing sanctuary in a charming seaside village of Vero Beach. With beautifully appointed guestrooms and fully outfitted suites, our Vero Beach resort offers the perfect weekend escape or destination vacation. Its exceptional service, thoughtful amenities and features like the welcoming pool or the two dining venues make this the ideal Florida getaway. Two Electric charging station's on property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Otel, Agoda, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Vero Beach Hotel & Spa - A Kimpton Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vero Beach Hotel And Spa - a Kimpton Hotel
- Kimpton Vero Beach
- Vero Beach Hotel And Club