“We loved it...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Vancouver
“We loved it...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We visited one weekday evening while vacationing in Vero Beach and we loved it. It definitely seems to be a local place but our server Micah was great and knew the menu which is a big plus for us as we have been to much higher end restaurants where they don't know the food they are serving. There seems to be tons of parking around, it is a very casual atmosphere but very clean and comfortable. I like to try knew things when I dine out and I got to trip the gator tail and the conch sandwich...the gator tail was very good...I am not sure I would order conch again but nothing against the restaurant. The food is very casual and alot of the things seem to be fried but still very tasty. I would not hesitate to return here and will when I make it back to Vero Beach.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Vero Beach, Florida
“Dissatisfied - will not go back”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My husband and I decided to try Mr Manatee' for dinner tonight as we had heard good things about it.
The food was good, well plated, came quickly. Our waitress was very attentive, and got us our drinks and appectizer quickly. Unfortunately the tables are very close togther and makes it very crowed if a bigger party is seated near you. A party of 4 adults and 4 children - age about 10 - 12 were seated at the table near us. The kids had their ipods in thier ears the whole time. yelling back and forth about whatever they were playing. One of the boys proceeded to order chowder and took a knife and fork to it, smashing his eating utensisls into it to while the 2nd boy proceeded to sneeze all over the food and table, without a tissue. That family then began praying (probably needed it) and I could take not more, ddnt finish my dinner and left. I had to ask the boy 3 times to move his chair so I could get by. My husband is disabled, uses a cane, and had the same problem. We will not be returning to Mr Manatee. we co own a restaurant here in vero and like to see what the competition is dong weekly. We are very disappointed in Mr Manatee and will not be going back.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vero Beach, Florida
“You're Gonna Like It Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you're looking for good inexpensive bar food in Vero, this is it. Half price apps. till 6:00 everyday with $1.50 beers. They offer a different special each night like 49 cent wings, 39 cent clams and all you can eat fried shrimp or catfish depending on the night. It's really laid back without much fanfare. NOTE: It can get crowded in season (Jan-Mar) and every so offend it effects the service and sometimes the food. But, that can be said for many eateries in Vero.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Owings Mills, Maryland
“Great happy hour for several hours!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went there for dinner with my wife when we came into town. Food was pretty good and great daily specials very reasonably priced. We wound up going back several times for happy hour (which starts at 11am and goes to 6) after the beach. Half price appetizer and they not skimp. Daily specials including .50 oysters on Tuesdays. Great local spot!

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Mr. Wannabees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The food wasn't all that great, the service was meadiocre at best the atmosphere is nothing to brag about and the prices are not high but not cheap either. It gives me the same feeling as eating a piece of white bread with butter on it.

Visited September 2012