“Good marks for food - low marks for decor.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 282 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Barbados
“Good marks for food - low marks for decor.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband travels to VB several times a year and had eaten at Ocean Grill a couple of times before. He always raved about the food. I popped in at lunch to make reservations for dinner and was shocked by what I saw. The diningroom was dark, it smelled very musty and looked like it was caught in a time warp from the 50s. But since it was his night to choose the restaurant, I made the reservation. When we arrived, the restaurant was full and alive with chatter and laughter. Our waitress was patient and efficient and did have dining suggestions. My husband and I chose the seafood platter which was delicious and bountiful. One friend selected the prime rib which she thoroughly enjoyed and the other friend selected a fish special. Everyone was pleased with their choices. The dessert tray was amazing but we were too full to indulge further.
This restaurant has an amazing location and view. It would be a real star if the interior was gutted and redone in a modern coastal decor. I would give the serving staff new uniforms too!
I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a casual dining experience.

Tampa, FL
“Best Dinner Spot on the Water in Vero”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Ocean Grill is a great place for a nice dinner in Vero Beach. It is right on the water so it offers a great view as well. I have been to the restaurant numerous times over the past few years and the food and service is very good and consistent. All of the seafood dishes are good. I especially like the blackened grouper and mixed seafood grill. You cannot go wrong at this restaurant. I typically arrive early and do not need a reservation, but during the busy times of year you should probably get a reservation.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cortlandt Manor, New York, United States
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We called at 9pm and the restaurant still accepted us even though they close at 9.30. The food was spectacular I had the duck....Amazing. 2 of our party had grouper and the other had snapper all were incredible. The server Michela was great. Overall a 10.. Love the whole thing. We'll be back.

Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Beautiful view, food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Restuarant is breathtaking with a wonderful bar where we had drinks overlooking the ocean. Breathtaking. Our server was attentive, yet did not rush us. Food, however, did not live up to the reputation of the restuarant. Will only return for drinks and maybe lunch.

Visited June 2013
“Awesome atmosphere, decent dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot. Formal dining with a very casual setting. The food is definitely above average and may be just a tad high. The seasonings of the food I thought was a little bland. For example, I have never in my life had to put salt on my escargot. Also the creamed spinach had an unusual and slightly unpleasant seasoning on it.
I would however most definitely recommend the place. I would not recommend ordering the most expensive items on the menu so you won't be disappointed. But you will enjoy a nice restaurant directly on the beach.

• Visited June 2013