“Best Dinner Spot on the Water in Vero” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 265 Restaurants in Vero Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Tampa, FL
“Best Dinner Spot on the Water in Vero”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Ocean Grill is a great place for a nice dinner in Vero Beach. It is right on the water so it offers a great view as well. I have been to the restaurant numerous times over the past few years and the food and service is very good and consistent. All of the seafood dishes are good. I especially like the blackened grouper and mixed seafood grill. You cannot go wrong at this restaurant. I typically arrive early and do not need a reservation, but during the busy times of year you should probably get a reservation.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Cortlandt Manor, New York, United States
“A Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

We called at 9pm and the restaurant still accepted us even though they close at 9.30. The food was spectacular I had the duck....Amazing. 2 of our party had grouper and the other had snapper all were incredible. The server Michela was great. Overall a 10.. Love the whole thing. We'll be back.

Visited June 2013
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Beautiful view, food was average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Restuarant is breathtaking with a wonderful bar where we had drinks overlooking the ocean. Breathtaking. Our server was attentive, yet did not rush us. Food, however, did not live up to the reputation of the restuarant. Will only return for drinks and maybe lunch.

Visited June 2013
“Awesome atmosphere, decent dining.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a great spot. Formal dining with a very casual setting. The food is definitely above average and may be just a tad high. The seasonings of the food I thought was a little bland. For example, I have never in my life had to put salt on my escargot. Also the creamed spinach had an unusual and slightly unpleasant seasoning on it.
I would however most definitely recommend the place. I would not recommend ordering the most expensive items on the menu so you won't be disappointed. But you will enjoy a nice restaurant directly on the beach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Jefferson, NC
“Location VIEW on the beach but you can do better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Like others I totally agree- we had lunch here- grouper was good- staff pleasant- but $3.00 for ice tea is totally obscene. A grouper sandwich with fries- was $17.95- DAHHH- really really overpriced- for almost the same price you can eat a FULL dinner at any of the good places rated here. So understand- you are paying for the beach front location- has not much to do with the food at all.
Add it all up and it is about $28.00 for a sandwich and tea- for LUNCH. I report you decide.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere