“A Totally ZEN Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up To 25%
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Naples, FL
“A Totally ZEN Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

From the moment we arrived and saw the outside fountain, the lush landscape and walked inside to the fragrant incense aroma we knew we were in for something special. I have traveled extensively, and never have I felt as at home immediately...The staff here is incredible., you can tell they all love their jobs..from the bellstaff, front desk (thank you Adrianne and Colin) to the restaurant staff and outside pool/cabana (Kevin was great) they all make their top prioity to do all they can to exceed your expectations...As to the food, I don't even know where to start...everything here is wonderful, be sure to try the "Sliders" unbelievable, the Salmon BLT is also incredible. I even had Eggs Benedict one morning because I just wanted to keep treating myself...the spa was wonderful, the outdoor entertainment was just perfect on Sunday night, the General Manager of this Resort is doing wonderful job and it is obvious in every single detail...This resort is the epitomy of Elegance in a simplistic, non-intrusive manner...I was only there for three nights and can't wait to return again soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
raisethebarVerobeach, General Manager at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. As I've made mentioned in the past and still believe today, it is the best way to monitor the integrity of our service standards. Trust that I will share your feedback with our team as they have embraced this philosophy as well. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards, Awilda Rivera, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010 via mobile

We reached our destination without a problem. Gustavo greeted us at the door ad helped us at the door and luggage. Adam checked us in was very professional ,cheerful and didn't keep a smile off his face, he really seemed to enjoy what he was doing even though he was multi tasking from phone calls to answering the walkie talkie calls. Gave of us all the info. A very valued a employee , don't ever lose him. The restaurant was fantastic annd beth was our server. Greg made our Mojito's that were just right. The room was perfect . Not a complaint there. Only complaint is that it took quite a while to get beach towels for my wife and I lets say for about 15 minutes but we were in no rush. We plan on coming back every other month and have told many of our friends ands business associates. Gloria must be very proud!

• Stayed August 2010
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. As I've made mentioned in the past and still believe today, it is the best way to monitor the integrity of our service standards. Trust that I will share your feedback with our team, especially those whom you've acknowledged first hand, as they have embraced this philosophy as well. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed your time with us. We'll work on getting those pool towels out to you sooner! We look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Awilda Rivera, General Manager
Vero Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

This destination resort is not worth it to say the least. The rooms are quaint and unique but are overpriced for the lack of bells and whistles that they do not include. The restaurant specializes in "Cuban Cuisine" that doesn't reach the mark and if you come in to order something simple, like a burger, don't expect to enjoy it. Overpriced seems to be the theme here but on top of that, the absence of a capable staff is evident. The unprofessionalism throughout the management team reflects in every area. Their lack of communication is going to be the cancer that destroys this "could be" beautiful beach resort. This location could be a jewel if it were in different hands. Hopefully, Gloria Estefan will resolve this problem before this hotel flops completely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
raisethebarVerobeach, General Manager at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Thank you for providing your feedback. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact me at 772-562-9919. Awilda Rvera, General Manager
Avon Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I can't say enough about our recent stay at the Costa d'Este. The excellent service started with my reservation. Susan, in reservations, helped me book my stay. As my first name is also Susan, we started quite a conversation. When she learned that my son, Ryan, was killed in an accident on his way to work last Oct. and that week in August was my first chance to get away since the accident, she took it upon herself to upgrade the room I had requested to their ocean front porthole king at no additional charge. She also made sure that first my room, and then the room I booked for my brother, were in a quiet hallway so that we could have the peaceful healing time we have so badly needed. Dino, who met us at the door, had the same warm brown eyes as my Ryan. He was friendly and very personable. At the desk, Adam took care of all the paperwork to get us into our room with both professionalism and a cheerful attitude, in spite of being very busy. He also took the time to let Susan in reservations know that I had arrived as I wanted to thank her personally for all she had done. Throughout our entire stay, Adam always displayed that same cheerful, helpful attitude whenever I needed anything. Gustavo took our bags to the room, told us lots of interesting facts about the hotel, and gave us helpful info about the room itself. I really enjoyed talking with this kind man who was learned some very valuable lessons about life. The room and the view, as one of my "adopted" daughters put it, was a little bit of "paradise." Our stay from start to finish was about as near perfect as you can get, at a super affordable weekday rate, with a topnotch, caring, and attentive staff!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hi Susan. Thank you for providing your feedback both on my voicemail and here as well. It's important to hear our guests feedback, good, bad or indifferent, as it's a constant meter reading on our service standards. I'm thrilled that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. It's what we strive for. Looking forward to your return. Kind regards, Awilda Rivera, General Manager
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

I am a serious skeptic and cynic about hype. After reading all the positive reviews of Costa d'Este, I thought yeah, yeah yeah... But, much to my surprise and delight, my wife and I just got home after spending 2 very relaxing days at Costa and LOVED it! Costa d'Este is a beautiful resort - very classy, very well-appointed inside and out. The Estafans spared no expense. My wife kept calling my attention to all the finely crafted details. We stayed in an ocean-front room on the fifth floor and it was soooo nice. The view of the ocean from our room was gorgeous. The free mojitos from 4:30 to 5:30 every day are a great touch. I just wish they had some free munchies (peanuts, pretzels?) to go with them. They have a great happy hour tapas menu in the bar. Try the mini sirloin? burgers. Yum! The staff was very nice. The property is compact but still feels roomy. The pool area was busy but not overcrowded with a nice outside bar. The beach is right there and very inviting. I was a bit worried when we returned to our room around 9:00 pm and I could hear the music from the bar through our closed doors and shade. But by 10:00 pm - quiet as can be. The hotel restaurant's menu looked great and we wanted to try it but opted for the restaurants adjacent to the property. Ocean Grill is good but pricey. Mulligans is your typical beach bar/restaurant but has some great happy hour drink and breakfast specials. Be sure to try the quaint Lemon Tree restaurant across the street for an excellent breakfast or lunch. Very friendly staff. Remember - Vero Beach is a very quiet little town so don't expect too much. You go to Vero to get away from it all, not to find it. My only complaint about the hotel (very trivial) were the chairs and the air conditioning in the rooms. We could hear our neighbors moving their chairs around alot! They need to add silencers to the feet. The A/C was fairly loud cycling on and off all night. Otherwise, I highly recommend this hotel. We can't wait to go back!

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for providing us with your feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you not only enjoyed your stay with us, but were able to enjoy our neighboring stores and restaurants. I'll make sure engineering gets to those gliders - we're always having to change them out. Thanks for letting me know. We look forward to your return. Kind regards, Awilda Rivera, General Manager
greensboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

We checked iinto the hotel and the bellman could not be found for 30 minutes. We asked if we could take our luggage ourselves but they would not allow us the use of their luggage carts. The room was very nice, comfortable furnishings, but certainly not luxurious, as there were stains all over the white upholstery (which was somewhat cheap material) it is billed as a new hotel, but it really seems as if this was a makeover of an older hotel with low ceilings. The rooms get quite hot as the east side is all windows, which is great for views, but they did not use energy low-e glass with any tinting and the windows are HOT to the touch in the mornings.The location of the hotel cannot be beaten. It is right on the beach, in the center of a quaint community of vero beach, with several great restaturants nearby. Unfortunately, the restaurant at the hotel cannot be included in this number. My husband and I ordered the signature paella, and the shellfish was old, it had a HORRIBLE ammonia taste, and the shrimp my father ordered tasted of detergent as if it was old or had been 'cleansed' to try and cover it up that it was old.
the food out by the pool at lunch was passable but not great, but the service at the pool is excellent and the staff there extremely friendly. a few things I was not expecting, you have to pay to use a hotel lounge chair if you go on the beach. Not to mention that the beach was covered with debris and seaweed the four days we were there even though the weather was perfect. In other 'luxury' and even moderate resorts I have stayed in in the past, they at the very least raked the beach in the morning, but seeing as you have to rent a beach lounge chair, I suppose they are not big on using the hotel's own resources for much of anything. The lounge chairs at the pool were big double chairs, but were sagging and really in need of replacing, again following that most of the furnishings looked nice, but were cheap. not to mention, that there were only 17 chairs for the entire hotel.

The location was great, the pool bar staff excellent.
The restaurant was not passable, and the accomadations were ok but certainly not as billed. It seems as if it was built to perhaps be a nice hotel, but the furnishings in the rooms are not being maintained, and the details certainly do not add up to a luxury hotel (example-there were four different types and sizes of standard bed pillows on the bed, some were lumpy some were flat)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your candid feedback. I'm very surprised to hear of your experience at Oriente as our meals are prepared fresh and prepared to order. I will most certainly share your feedback not only with with our Executive Chef and his team, but all the members of our team as your feedback is the best way to monitor the integrity of our service standards.

Due to turtle nesting season and the number of nests we have had to date this year, we are limited to what we can do to the beach at this time. Handracking is permissible, but still must use caution during this time

We are always looking at how we can improve ourselves and our property. Your feedback helps us to do that. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and the opportunity to serve you again. Please feel free to contact me at 772-562-9919. Awilda Rvera, General Manager
Kaufdorf
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

The hotel was excellent. The rooms lovely and well furnished. Unfortunately the staff was not very welcoming and for 1 hour at the beach we have been charged the full rate for chairs. Drinks quiet expensive even served from plastic cups...The beachman was very nice I have to admitt.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
raisethebarVerobeach, General Manager at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
Thank you so much for providing your feeback as I truly believe it is the best way to monitor the itnegrity of our service standards. I'm surprised to hear about your comments on our team as it is certainly not the norm. Please trust that I will your comments with them as it is imperative that we remain consistent. The plastic cups are necessary on the pool deck for safety reasons.
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Kind regards, Awilda Rivera, GM

Been to Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!