“We really enjoyed this place” 4 of 5 stars

$50 Nightly Resort Credit
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Savoy, Illinois
“We really enjoyed this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Costa d'Este was a very lovely hotel with great staff. The only problem we had was the drinks at the bar were really watered down. I'm not a big drinker, so I notice when there's no alcohol. We spent the day on the beach in one of their little rented cabana's and it was a great time. It's important to wear sunscreen though, even when you're in the shade. We got fried!

The hotel it's self was immaculate. The rooms were contemporary and the hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. This hotel was definitely a good choice for us.

Oh also, I had a great massage while I was there. Oh my, it was simply lovely :)

Room Tip: Beach front, 432 was great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I planned a week long trip to the beach with various friends and family stopping by, so I needed a suite. The living room with a connecting bedroom suite was spacious with two full baths, dual balcony access, and double sized ocean views. My guests were not thrilled with the quality of the mattress on the sofabed, but all else was comfortable. The living room set up with a dining table for four was good for additional seating. Having a wet bar and small refrigerator in the suite, was nice for entertaining in the room, as well. The location of this hotel is very walkable to many restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: Corner Suite to maximum your view of the ocean, but pool equipment noise on the North side of the ho...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My kids and I ended up here on a fluke due to house construction. At first it was a hassle...my assistant called hotels in the area making sure they had connecting rooms, and then she booked using price line. Upon arrival there were no connecting rooms. After some calm but insistent discussion magically one was available...albeit on the ocean front and for an additional price. Since we were there literally for the room and had already booked, I debated a bit (hate to do that) and a manager appeared (one who had supposedly gone home already?) and she took care of us.

It was off season, the hotel was empty, and she did the right thing, which made me feel better. I was not comfortable as it was me and 4 kids - ages nine and under. Who exactly was supposed to stay in a room alone?? I know in this situation most people would pack everyone into one room but I wanted to honor the hotel policies on nu,her of people and booked two rooms so again, I am glad they altered their stance and accommodated us. Now for some specifics.

The hotel is fun...retro, mod, funky. The rooms are clean with granite floors, platform beds, and iPhone hookups. The poo area?? Beautiful and modern and the spa is big and very inviting. The beach right there is beautiful...and there is a decent restaurant inside and many great local dining options nearby. The showers are cool, linens crisp, balconies well sized and ocean breezes aplenty.

Now..here are the reasons why I give 4 stars (and keep in mind...5 stars are only doled out for truly 5 star properties so I am pretty particular. A 4 star rating from me still means a great experience. 5 stars, at 5 star pricing, should be pretty much perfect.) The check in experience was a bit tricky. Based on the situation, and the empty hotel, we should have been accommodated immediately. But they remedied it so all is well. Second, the hotel obviously wants to cater to the younger, hipper tech savvy crowd. The only problem is technology over quick and keeping up is tricky so iPhones 4 and lower can be charged but not newer options. The towels are skimpy and gruff, the room cleaning was ok although several little things were missed (spilled shampoo on counter, wet sheets not changed, etc) the pool bar is closed very early, there is no real lounge area with comfy seating in the lobby or in the rooms, and so on. However, the price for off season oceanfront is great, the food quality is solid, and the spa is fabulous. A few tweaks and perfection would be attainable!

Room Tip: Do a beach cabana to walk out to the beach, or a connecting oceanfront for families!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was traveling for business in Orlando and we decided to extend our trip and head to the beach - literally looking at a map and choosing the nearest beach area. Vero Beach was so nice - quiet, charming, but enough great restaurants and bars to choose from. No crowded at all.
The Costa D'Este resort was a small hotel on the beach, and we chose a small upgrade to a beach cabana, and it was worth every cent! (only like $30-50 more/night). Our double doors opened to a porch that lead directly onto the beach - literally 10 feet away. Gorgeous trees and palm trees to give us privacy but then a few steps more and we were in the ocean. Unbelievable. We barely went through the hotel we just walked outside and into our room all day long. Resort was modern, lovely, and the staff? Forget it - so helpful and friendly and we felt like royalty. There was music at the outside pool but was not too loud (aka MIAMI) so it was perfect. I will DEFINITELY return and highly recommend this hotel and destination for a long weekend away.

Room Tip: The ground floor Beach Cabanas!!! There are about 10 of them. You walk out of your room directly o...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is quaint but luxurious. They knew us by name during our stay. There is only one restaurant but the pool and cabana service was magic. The spa was equally magical. We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and felt relaxed.

• Stayed May 2013
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My fiance and I went to the Spa....Now I am not a "spa guy" but I had a great time. We did the couples massage and it was a real treat. Be sure to get there a little early so you can also enjoy the sauna before the massage.

After the massage we had a nice light lunch and the weather on the pool deck was fantastic.

We are locals so we did not stay with Costa but we will be staying there in July....Heck people come from around the world to Vero Beach just because we live here does not mean we should not enjoy the beach too.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful place to relax and soak up the sun, sand and quaintness of Vero Beach. This location, right on the beach and in the middle of cute shops, galleries and restaurants can't be beat. This resort is drop dead gorgeous and modern and could be an excellent couples getaway, yet a family with children will be totally comfortable and feel at home as well. Staff is so friendly and helpful! Food at The Wave is delicious and don't forget to grab a Mojito. Take a drive up to the McClarty Treasure Museum and then comb the beach for goodies lost off of sunken ships. People are still finding things.....
Vero Beach is beautiful and a stay at Costa d'este only enhances that!

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!