“February Beach Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Boston
“February Beach Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Coste D'Este was lovely. The hotel was clean, sleek and modern, with a beautiful pool and magnificent beach. Service was overall excellent, with the exception of the minibar restocker who only came once the whole time we were there. Ed, the general manager, was especially helpful and friendly, walking the pool several times each day to great folks and check up on service. The food was good, but I got tired of Cuban food after a while. My biggest complaint ( and I admit it's a first world kind of problem) is that they are very stingy with towels, both in the rooms and at the pool. Overall, I highly recommend the hotel and will certainly visit again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Central Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I really have no complaints about this hotel other than the room was not ready when we got there, and not ready when they promised; they were about an hour late. No compensation was offered for the inconvenience. Also, the reservation stated 'ocean view', but you had to stretch over the balcony to see the ocean. That aside, the architecture and decor was outstanding. The people were great. The room was excellent and comfortable and modern, as is the entire property. Food and drinks were excellent. Great location right on the beach and within walking distance of many great restaurants and shopping. I would definitely go back, and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Ask for a "good" ocean view or pool side, otherwise you may have a great view of the parki...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Garner, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is the hotel/spa I would build if I had the
opportunity to do so. My wife and I stayed in
room number 134. The room was sparkling
clean and very well maintained. It was as if
the hotel was built and just opened.
I have been in fancier places and was very
disappointed by the lack of thought put into
what the customer needs. This had everything
we needed and lots of space for our clothing.
While it was nice there was little wasted space.
The location was great. The service was truly
outstanding. Even the restaurant was good.
I could not find a thing I did not like. We will be
returning to this area again. I will stay at this
hotel again and will request the same room.
Amazingly the charge per night was very
reasonable. We traveled over a week and
this place was the highlight of our trip.

Room Tip: Room 134 walks out to the beach. Great view. Very comfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband I celebrated Valentines Day at this beautiful resort on Saturday, February 16. Oceanfront room was perfect especially the patio that led out to the ocean. Can't wait to go back in the warmer months. Mojito was the best I ever had!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the first time I've been let down by both Trip Advisor and Travel Magazine. We checked in late last evening (Thursday) for a four-night stay. The front desk was indifferent and no offer of a bellman to assist, though there was one on duty. We awoke to discover having been given a room with balcony directly over the restaurant and large humming air conditioning units -- a bit of an industrial view. I called the front desk to request a change of rooms (the hotel's own website indicated the availability of quieter, ocean-facing suites, which I asked for, understanding and accepting the additional charges). The front desk replied there were absolutely no other rooms, for today or throughout our stay. Curiously, she implied that by my booking on Expedia, there was nothing to be done. This afternoon I happened to share the elevator with the manager, and shared my disappointment with our accommodations. His reply was a rather indifferent "Well, this is the weekend" ... nothing more. I ventured out to the beach to discover no assistance in securing a chair or umbrella. Late afternoon at the poolside bar found complete lack of service. I jumped online and discovered a Kimpton Hotel & Spa a few hundred yards up the beach. We are checking out of here two days early and heading to the Kimpton. Within a minute of my new reservation, we received this from Kimpton... "We're looking forward to welcoming you...and everything will be taken care of." That's more like it.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from enjoying a very nice weekend at Vero Beach's Costa d'este. My experience overall was excellent. The service was above average and surpassed any experience I have had in any other hotel that I have stayed in, including the more popular five star resorts. From the moment you arrive at the valet you are treated like a VIP. Every single employee went out of their way to help my family and make sure that we were enjoying ourselves. We stayed in an ocean front suite with a spectacular view. The room was beautiful and spotless. The spa treatment that I had was also above average. If you decide to visit Vero Beach and want to stay in a chic beach hotel and be treated like a VIP then Coste d'este is definitely for you! I definitely will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013
detroit, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great hotel with a great location. Walk to restaurants and bars, coffee shops, quaint stores and salons. Something for everyone.
Pet friendly, comfortable urban contemporary rooms. Housekeeping staff is over the top with desire to accommodate needs.
Front desk staff a little stuffy (acting, they don't look like much) but they are easy to forget once you check in and relax.

Room Tip: There are pool front, ocean front and parking lot front rooms. You get what you pay for. There i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!