“Chic beach resort where you will be treated like a VIP!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Florida Residents Offer
Ranked #4 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
Miami, Florida
“Chic beach resort where you will be treated like a VIP!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from enjoying a very nice weekend at Vero Beach's Costa d'este. My experience overall was excellent. The service was above average and surpassed any experience I have had in any other hotel that I have stayed in, including the more popular five star resorts. From the moment you arrive at the valet you are treated like a VIP. Every single employee went out of their way to help my family and make sure that we were enjoying ourselves. We stayed in an ocean front suite with a spectacular view. The room was beautiful and spotless. The spa treatment that I had was also above average. If you decide to visit Vero Beach and want to stay in a chic beach hotel and be treated like a VIP then Coste d'este is definitely for you! I definitely will be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013

624 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
detroit, mi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Great hotel with a great location. Walk to restaurants and bars, coffee shops, quaint stores and salons. Something for everyone.
Pet friendly, comfortable urban contemporary rooms. Housekeeping staff is over the top with desire to accommodate needs.
Front desk staff a little stuffy (acting, they don't look like much) but they are easy to forget once you check in and relax.

Room Tip: There are pool front, ocean front and parking lot front rooms. You get what you pay for. There i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Whenever I am looking for that perfect escape, quick getaway and overall battery re-charge, my car's navigation system automatically points me in the direction of this special boutique hotel.

Coste 'd Este is the true definition of what a boutique hotel should aspire to be. Intimate, stylish, simple, classy and refined! Located in the heart of Vero Beach, this hidden gem sits directly on the ocean with nothing but fabulous views of the Atlantic. It's a great escape because you can check-in and never leave (great food on site, as well as a fantastic spa and even a pool spa concierge). There's also water sports for people like me who love the ocean! There is a food size pool and jacuzzi. Or, just steps out the front door there are several very casual and fun restaurants (Ocean Grill, Mulligans or Waldo's) as well as cute boutique shops and local hang outs. Take time to check out the Laughing Dog Gallery, very cool!

The staff is incredible! Friendly, unobtrusive, always genuinely happy and will go out of their way to help you. The rooms are a good size and always clean. There are times when I have gone for one night, and stayed for three. When I'm there, I always feel at home. And, I travel alone, and I never feel uncomfortable or "out of place," when I visit.

Room Tip: Either tower is good. As usual, the higher the floor, the better view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I viewed travelers reviews of Gloria Estefan's boutique resort in Vero Beach and initially I was pleased but concerned about the cost. I decided to book a room for a two night stay. Right before our trip I once again checked the rating and this hotel was not listed at all as a recommended place to stay. Now I was a little worried since I have trusted and not been disappointed by trip advisor in the past.
We arrived before check in time to smiling faces from the valet, to the front desk, to the bartender. The customer service was excellent. They went out of their way to be of assistance. The room was gorgeous. I love the simple beige, brown and cream decor, the long granite counter for your stuff, and the unique round shower. Lovely! But the ocean front view was unbelievable. We live in Florida and I have stayed at many ocean front hotels and condos but this one was the top! We were within a 100 yards of the water!!!! The sound of the surf was almost too loud but I love the ocean so it was perfect for me.
The town was adorable. Shops and great restaurants within easy walking distance. Great stay.
Gloria, I'll be back"!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful location, really right on the beach, with terraces looking out over the beach and ocean. Loved listening to the ocean waves as I fell asleep and woke up, very peaceful and serene.
The rooms can be a bit small, be sure to get an ocean view. It matters here. Staff and service was really friendly, always available, never intrusive, very helpful,

Room Tip: Only get ocean view, otherwise rooms are too small.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A wise man once said to me that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. My wife and I were looking for a place to decompress after the holidays and selected Costa d’Este by a recommendation from a couple on an airplane. We could not be more grateful for the recommendation and for the experience. We know Vero Beach very well and of course are familiar with Gloria Estefan. We checked out the resort website and I checked, as usual, Trip Advisor negative comments because I have often found that unhappy people need to vent and usually take out their unhappiness on the most convenient target like a resort they arrived at already unhappy………and then made our room selection based on our requirements. We reserved an ocean front suite and were absolutely taken aback by the room the view and the furnishings.

The resort is everything we expected with the modern art deco flair with a Cuban flavor. The staff treated us as if we were the only guests in the hotel and that we were the most important people to each and every one of them. This work ethic and culture of hospitality can be attributed to the General Manager Ed Riley.

We visited the spa on two days for massages which were exceptional. The staff; Tiffany, Megan, Gisela, Cathi, Josie and Ilesha all need to be recognized for their professionalism. The spa itself is located on two floors of the resort and makes efficient use of the space. A pre massage steam bath helped to loosen up our muscles before our massages. There is an extensive spa menu that will accommodate anyone.

We took advantage of the Shark Bait concessions on the beach which offers Umbrellas; excellent lounge chairs, tables, Kayaks and more. See Scot (with one T) and his team they will take care of you as you lounge your day away on the beach catering to your lunch and drink needs so you don’t have to. I rented a Kayak on a windy day but was very happy to have seen five young sea turtles less than 100 yards off the beach.
There are not enough good things to say about the Wave restaurant. We were so impressed by the Paella on our first night and the rest of the menu selections that we could not wait to go back. So we did only having two meals outside of the resort and that was to experience a brand new restaurant a block away.

The pool is heated in the winter and there is a spacious and accommodating hot tub. The pool deck has plenty of seating and the cabana bar and café are conveniently positioned on the pool deck. Lyz at the cabana bar will take good care of you and ask her for a Mojito she is an expert at whipping them up.

If I you don’t believe my stellar review that’s ok my only complaint in five days was that I did not get a small pot of coffee when I ordered a single coffee from room service but the service was so exceptional that the staff made a follow up call to the room service delivery. So, all things considered, I have no complaints.

We regard good customer service as paramount to a great spa resort experience. We found what we were looking for here at Costa d’Este. We will be back for sure even if it is only for lunch, dinner and the spa!

Room Tip: If you are not too concerned with price i would recommend and ocean front suite. A true gem with a g...
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Small hotel in the middle of the "action".
Very clean, service was excellent.
Free valet parking, walking distance to the shopping district with a nice pool and right on the ocean.
Only disappointment coffee is $4.50, other than than great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!