“What a Cool Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Vero Beach
Tampa, Florida
“What a Cool Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The style and location of this small and chic hotel can't be beaten! On main street in Vero Beach - in the midst of everything. And the rooms are fabulous, ocean front has a lovely terrace, and a nice view down to the pool area. Lots o nice amenities including free mojitos!

Room Tip: Definitely do ocean front and watch the palm trees sway and the sun come up over them!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Monica S, Director of Sales & Marketing at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Hello margaretcushwa!

Why thank you for describing us as chic – we think so too! LOL Vero Beach is a FANTASTIC destination we are in the heart of it all. We hope to see you soon – the Mojitos are waiting!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Miami Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

I spent my birthday plus a couple of relaxing days at this wonderful resort. Aside from the beautiful property, from the pool to the rooms, what impressed me the most was the service. Every employee of Costa D'este seems to be genuinely interested in making you feel welcomed and thanked for. I also loved the ambiance and the tranquility. I'd definitely be back very soon. Thanks guys!

• Stayed June 2012
Happy Belated Birthday Veronica!!!

You deserve to be pampered and we are honored you chose to spend your special day with us! Thanks for your feedback. We’ll see you soon.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was my first time staying at this hotel. I found the the staff to be especially cordial and courteous, everyone went out of their way to speak, to smile and to welcome us. The ocean view was awesome but try to get a 3rd or 4th floor room to have a bit more privacy. The room was very clean and modern and very comfortable. Dining at the Restaurant in the hotel was great, menu offered a good variety and at a good price. Breakfast was pricey, so opted for going across the street to Cravings, which offers good choices. Did not like the fact that dogs can stay at the hotel, although I never heard any barking, but saw them around the lobby.
The guy at the beach, Scott was superb. We had a party of 20 people and he set us up with a huge tent and chairs for a very reasonable price. Additionally, he went home to get a volleyball net which he set up for us 2 days in a row. I would definitely come back to vacation at this hotel as it offered amenities that are hard to find these day: Good Service, Good People and Great Location.

Room Tip: Ocean view on the 3rd or 4th floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello Teredel!
We love to hear you received cordial & courteous service during your stay with us. Thank you so much for sharing your precious family time with us! We say our 43 ocean front rooms give the feeling of being on a cruise ship – almost like you can reach out and touch the ocean from your balcony.

Our acclaimed Chef Antonio and his culinary team are amazing – we are so glad you could experience the flavorful art they produce every day.

We are pet friendly so we do allow Pets along with their well behaved owners to receive the star treatment at Costa d’Este. Our tile floors are perfect in case of muddy paws, and our housekeeping department has a very thorough post pet protocol.

Scot (on the beach) does offer amazing service and kayaking, snorkeling and stand up paddle board excursions from our “backyard” – all truly amazing experiences.

We hope to see you and your family again soon!
Laurens, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Ok fellow travelers....listen up....If you're looking for a slice of heaven...you will find it here @ Costa d'Este.....Luxurious rooms and showers.....beautiful pool..heavenly spa...friendly,
courteous staff...frozen grapes & towels by the pool ...beautiful beachfront setting...must I go on ? My husband and I cared for my mother in law for several years, and sadly we lost her
the end of July. Needless to say, we needed to get away for awhile. We headed for St .Augustine and stayed several days.We decided to end our trip in the beautiful town
of Vero. We arrived @ this resort on Sept.12th. The door was opened for us by Felix who
greeted us with smile. Lewis was @ the front desk, and helped us with our reservations. He
went above and beyond to help us find just the right room. We were able to look @ a few
rooms first and decided on room 507. It was perfect !!!! We met several wonderful
staff members during our stay. Felix was always there with a smile, and willingness to
help if we needed anything. Ed Riley was around the pool area during the day making
sure everyone had what they needed. Although we did not eat @ the restaurant,we met
Lewis,one of the managers. After talking to him, we found that he was from our neck
of the woods. He was a great guy,and we enjoyed getting to know him. The day before we
left ,I met Monica Smiley and shared our story. She took the time to listen, and thanked me
for giving her such wonderful feedback about the staff. During our three days here,we
relaxed by the pool,and enjoyed the beautiful beach . The Estefan's found the perfect
location for this resort, and it was obvious that they wanted everyone who stayed here to
feel special. The night before we left,we were in the lobby enjoying the music, and talking
about the wonderful time we had here. We were about to call it a night, when we came in
contact with a beautiful lady, who had a kind spirit and a beautiful smile. It was a pleasure
meeting you..you are as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside.
Kathy & Mack

Room Tip: All of the rooms we saw were great...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monica S, Director of Sales & Marketing at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hi Kathy & Mack –

WOW! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! Please know that you also touched our hearts during your time with us. Your kind words and gentle spirit will stay with us forever. We are honored to have been a part of your well deserved retreat and hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Wow! A friend suggested Costa d'Este saying it was stunning - boy had we no idea! From the moment we drove up and checked into our ocean front room on the 5th floor we knew that we had arrived. Clean, functional and sharp describes the room best. The trim and headboard all seemed to have been custom made. Service at the pool bar were we spent pretty much the entire weekend was stellar - actually every time we encountered an employee we were greated with a smile and plenty of friendliness throughout the hotel. cool vibes and cool design wherever you look. did we sometimes have to open the front entrance door ourselves as the door man/valet agent was assisting somebody else? Yes, but it does not matter because it is not the type of hotel where stuffiness leads you to be upset if you have to touch the door yourself. we spent our entire time at the pool or pool bar racking up some nice charges. no the drinks are not cheap but service is great and frankly i'd rather pay $10 for a mojito and get asked every few minutes if I'd like some frozen grapes or a complimentary foot massage or if we'd like some ice water etc. than having cheap drinks and no service. Ed the GM was around the whole weekend making his rounds and having a chat with all guests! Working in the hospitality industry myself I must say what an inspiration it was to see him in action! On the second night we had dinner at Citrus Grill just a block down the road and the food was outstanding!
All in all the perfect weekend getaway and easy to get to - left Washington DC at 2pm and was at the hotel pool bar at 7pm. Kudos to the whole team and thanks for re-energizing my own hospitality drive as it was great to see such well trained yet individual and self driven employees! We will be back!

Room Tip: North tower ocean view rooms #12 to #16 on each floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Monica S, Direcctor of Sales & Marketing at Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Hello Marco B,

Thank you – you just made our day! Ed (our GM) is an inspiration to us all! It is easy for all of our staff to report to work inspired and ready to serve every day under his leadership.

Our poolside splash stylist offer exceptional complimentary service (frozen grapes, foot massage, sunglass cleaning, sunscreen, and fun gossip magazines) so we are thrilled to know you enjoyed this amazing level of service.

Lastly – every guest comment and shared insight is immensely important to us, however, an “industry insider” certainly comes from a different point of view, for you to state that we re-energized your passion for hospitality is about as good as it gets. THANK YOU – we hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel this weekend. The facility is beautiful, the staff is very courteous & go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The location of the hotel is great and the rooms are very nicely done & comfortable. Two complaints : 1) The $10 mojitos at the pool are " weak" & taste more like club soda with mint. The mojitos at the bar inside are A++++ & the bartenders seem more knowledgable. 2) During my stay I saw dogs in the lobby, dogs in the pool area & even in the restaurant. I like dogs, but wondered how many dogs had slept in the bed I was sleeping in....I prefer to stay in non pet hotels....otherwise a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our beautiful property and felt our welcoming spirit. Our location in respect to the beach (our “backyard”) and the great shops and art galleries (“front yard”) is absolute perfection. Did you see the shipwreck (the Breconshire 1894) that is submerged 150 yards behind the property?

I will convey your comments about the outside bartenders to our Food & Beverage Manager as well as the experience with the inside bartenders.

We are pet friendly and certainly have VIP (Very Important Pets) stay with us regularly, however we do have a strong pre/post protocol implemented in our pet friendly rooms.
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

I threw a wedding for my Daughter here ( The Anderson Wedding)and the event planner Nicole Dugan and her staff were just the absolute best. They made our visit here completely worry free, our every request was met and met with kindness and just totally aimed to PLEASE!!! The porters were amazing I can remember Dustin he did everything we asked. We would be thinking "I could use Dustin right now " and wow there he was. The FOOD was the best I think I have ever had. Nicole planned a PERFECT wedding with very little help from me pretty much all I did was tell her what we wanted and she took it from there and all was PERFECT!!!! SHE WAS AMAZING!!! The room that Nicole had set up for the honeymoon night was so beautiful, my daughter and her husband had the best view of the ocean I had ever seen. Service was over the top! The shower was great, the bed was extremely comfortable and they just totally enjoyed it. Thank you Costa! And Nicole and Dustin. I would recommend this hotel for any event or just a weekend or just a night it is NUMBER ONE!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Patty, thank you so much for allowing us to be a part of this very special day…we are truly honored! I happen to agree with you, Nicole is the BEST of the BEST! She truly cares and it shows!

Our Executive Chef (Antonio) and his team are amazing…I love your comment “The FOOD was the best I think I have ever had” and can’t wait to share this with our culinary team.

Thanks again!

Been to Costa d'Este Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!