“Amazing and Unique and Affordable!” 5 of 5 stars

South Beach Place
1705 South Ocean Drive, Vero Beach, FL 32963   |
Ranked #3 of 26 hotels in Vero Beach
Miami, Florida
“Amazing and Unique and Affordable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just had the most wonderful stay at South Beach Place. Totally unexpected and a super great experience. Where do I start? Charm? It is oozing in 50's era charm. All suites (apts) are decorated with different decor from that era. Adorable! Cleanliness? I could eat off the floors. Everything sparkled. Amenities? How about pool towels, chairs and umbrellas for the beach, wipes, beautiful dishes, soap and cream in the bathroom and on and on. Service? We were greeted by a wonderful manager, Andres and Caroline in the office. They got me settled in with extra towels, hairdryer and all the info on the island. Asked for places to eat and see and they were super well informed as to the latest and best places. Went shopping for food for my refrigerator and they told me where and how. I felt like I was family. I took my two dogs and they were so welcomed. They had a blast as we would go to the beach late in the afternoon and they swam and ran like crazy. Not all suites are dog friendly and that is as it should be. My apt. was nautical 50's! I swear I could live there and not miss a thing. The pool was clean and so relaxing. Recommend? Can I tell you this place has nothing to envy the big expensive hotels. It is adorable, personal, impeccable and so chic. The rate is a steal actually. The place is a gem!! YES, I give it 5 stars!! Can I give it more?

Room Tip: Specify if you bring a dog as those are special rooms. Just bring your suntan lotion! They even ha...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Savannah, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We had a great 3 days and 2 nights at South Beach Place. The room was clean and the decor was fun. The pool was perfect and the walk to the beach was easy and not a problem.
Free bikes were a wonderful way to get to see the neighborhood. We pedaled to Ocean Drive and had lunch.
Very relaxing for 3 generations of women. Mother in law, myself and 15 year old daughter would all come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here recently and I would say for one night it was ok, the room was motel like though clean , the building was deceiving too.The pool look much better on line.The location was south of the main drag at Vero where the shops and restaurants are - Vero itself is gorgeous - great find

Room Tip: Rooms round the pool could get noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just came back from a relaxing weekend at south beach place. We chose it first because we could bring our dog without getting high extra charges. The rooms are across the street from the beach but it is a dead end street. Beach is beautiful and quiet. We enjoyed watching the crabs on the beach. No we never got bitten because they run from people. We tried to show my kids the crabs the next night and couldn't find any.
The rooms in the hotel/ motel are like little apts. they have a separate bedroom and a living area with kitchen. There are only 18 rms and they face the pool. Property is lush with beautiful plants and lots of places to sit. They even have a barbecue near the pool. You can't hear noise from other rms or the pool. Our children joined us and enjoyed their rm too. It was great having a later check out . We will be going back. We felt like family by the time we left.

Room Tip: All rms are the same. The second floor has balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This place was great. The service was above par and the room itself was spectacular. The walk to the beach is literally a few paces away. One really could not ask for more in a hotel reservation. Next time I take a trip to vero, ill definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife , myself and some friends stayed here for my birthday and we all had the best of times.This place seems magical, completely different to any other hotel we have ever been.Everything seems to be simple and easy, no rush, no pressures, just a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.

The rooms are comfortable, clean and very attractive to the eyes; the gardens and vegetation surrounding the hotel invites you to just slow down and take it all in.The beach is only a short walk away through a wooden bridge and the hotel provides you with beach chairs and bycicles complimentary.

Andres, the manager, was always on hand to make sure our stay was the best.Andres is definetely a great complement to this magical place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went to celebrarte our friend's birthday, it was amazing, the service was excellent, Andres is a great hostess
We really enjoyed our time there, the place is beautiful and very cozy.
Thank you Andres ( the manager) for your hospitality and kindness, We hope to see you pretty soon

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to South Beach Place? Share your experiences!